It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you feel a thing called love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I know the title is somewhat different, and probably most of you takes love for granted, but do the person you offer your deepest affection
feel the same about you? Or is it the comfort and safety you offer..

A healthy human raised by loving parents is one of the best parts of what life has to give, parents who can offer love and learn their child how to love.. What if the parents cant love as a normal human being, should they raise a child into this world unable to give the simplest of needs called love..
But then what is normal in todays society?

A man called Harry Harlow did an extensive research in something he called "learning to learn" in the 1930s, i know most people wont take the time to read one of the most interesting inhumane experiments ever done by modern man, so instead i will link a clip.

The research i myself is conducting is how our memory forms in the critical age, the difference between a loving human and like society calls it a monster.. I know it sounds somewhat strange, since most of you take something for granted called love..

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
The research i myself is conducting is how our memory forms in the critical age, the difference between a loving human and like society calls it a monster.. I know it sounds somewhat strange, since most of you take something for granted called love..

It's not that simple, there are different kinds of "monsters" and they vary from society to society, and there is no hard and fast rule. Ted Bundy is a good example. Absolutely no lack of love in that man's life.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

There is no critical age; even what is inherited can be changed. See Pavlov's experiments.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I know the title is somewhat different, and probably most of you takes love for granted, but do the person you offer your deepest affection
feel the same about you?

Yes because they are my children. Every time I look at their gorgeous wee faces I feel myself well up with feelings of love. I've been through the ringer emotionally, I seem to attract womenm with mental health issues, my first serious relationship was with a woman who was, as far as I could tell, was very well balanced with no issues, since then, every serious relationship the woman has had more serious issues than the last. I don't think I will ever love again.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
if you can't show love to the one you love, you're one of atleast four things.

1.Narcissistic
2.An asshole in general
3.Brain damaged
4.Autistic

or all of the above.

They shouldn't be doing what they did to those little monkeys, it's cruel.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Love is either a dagger in the heart or a force like gravity. But you definitely feel it. I think extreme lack of nutritional food, hunger, (abuse) in puberty can cause mental illness.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I feel funny.

Do you ever feel funny?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Current knowledge in both neuroscience and genomics points toward the unmistakable conclusion that the experiences and relationships we have as children exert a lasting bio - logical influence on our learning, behavior, and health across the life course.

- National Scientific Council on the Developing Child - Research Harvard University [...]

Jack P. Shonkoff, Charles A. Nelson III, Marcy Ray (rapporteur), Nathan A. Fox, Alisson Doupe, Judy L. Cameron,
Hermi Rojhan (MacArthur Foundation), Pat Levitt, Eric I. Knudsen, Charles Zeanah, and David Amaral. Susan Connell, B.J. Casey, and Marion Sigman.
--

Pavlovs experiments verified it cant be altered, i think you read into the research in a subjective way

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think the love of a mother towards her child is often (not always, unfortunately) the strongest "love" you'll find.

I have fallen in love and been told they love me too. I could feel the "love" they claimed through actions and just being around them ... I knew it was true. But I still got hurt. I still love that person, I don't know if they still love me.

Point is, most people have the ability to love. But all have the ability to hurt someone.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Therefore, we are destructive by nature. And love supposedly means just for breeding purposes?

I'm goddamn right!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Mothers love is different, she will sacrifice her life for her offspring

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

What if the mother is mental or psychopath? Then we have a different story.

edit on 4-1-2017 by boozo because: Typo

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Just marking the thread to follow and will add my 2 cents . Love is not a feeling but is a verb . Also

The Ancient Greeks’ 6 Words for Love (And Why Knowing Them Can Change Your Life) Looking for an antidote to modern culture's emphasis on romantic love? Perhaps we can learn from the diverse forms of emotional attachment prized by the ancient Greeks.
www.yesmagazine.org...

We use only one word but Love can be manifested over a large spectrum in many contexts . peace out eta #6 in the list

6. Philautia, or love of the self The Greek's sixth variety of love was philautia or self-love. And the clever Greeks realized there were two types. One was an unhealthy variety associated with narcissism, where you became self-obsessed and focused on personal fame and fortune. A healthier version enhanced your wider capacity to love. How Should We Live by Roman Krznaric. This article is based on the author's new book, How Should We Live? Great Ideas from the Past for Everyday Life. The idea was that if you like yourself and feel secure in yourself, you will have plenty of love to give others (as is reflected in the Buddhist-inspired concept of "self-compassion"). Or, as Aristotle put it, "All friendly feelings for others are an extension of a man's feelings for himself." The ancient Greeks found diverse kinds of love in relationships with a wide range of people—friends, family, spouses, strangers, and even themselves. This contrasts with our typical focus on a single romantic relationship, where we hope to find all the different loves wrapped into a single person or soul mate. The message from the Greeks is to nurture the varieties of love and tap into its many sources. Don't just seek eros, but cultivate philia by spending more time with old friends, or develop ludus by dancing the night away. Moreover, we should abandon our obsession with perfection. Don't expect your partner to offer you all the varieties of love, all of the time (with the danger that you may toss aside a partner who fails to live up to your desires). Recognize that a relationship may begin with plenty of eros and ludus, then evolve toward embodying more pragma or agape. The diverse Greek system of loves can also provide consolation. By mapping out the extent to which all six loves are present in your life, you might discover you've got a lot more love than you had ever imagined—even if you feel an absence of a physical lover. It's time we introduced the six varieties of Greek love into our everyday way of speaking and thinking. If the art of coffee deserves its own sophisticated vocabulary, then why not the art of love?

edit on 4-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive, but you are right, not all mothers exhibit love, conditional or otherwise, for their children. Children are abused and otherwise neglected by their mothers, or completely abandoned and we have numerous examples of mothers murdering their own children simply for getting in the way.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You have a great day ahead of you.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes. Energetic body bliss state.
edit on 4-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

originally posted by: boozo

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive, but you are right, not all mothers exhibit love, conditional or otherwise, for their children. Children are abused and otherwise neglected by their mothers, or completely abandoned and we have numerous examples of mothers murdering their own children simply for getting in the way.

As the child of a mother incapable of feeling/showing love to her children I know this only too well. My mother once wrote off her car then told me that she did so in the hopes that it might kill off some of my brothers and sisters. She'd also regularly tell us that if we were'nt good enough she'd put something in our food one day that would kill us. I can't count the amount of times she left us for weeks/months at a time to persue another man.

What I can tell you is that I definatly don't feel love for other people in the same way as others do. Don't get me wrong, I know that I love my wife but I've known her since I was very very young. I also know and can show that I love my children but as for anybody else I would have to say that to me it feels like I'm operating on the same level as a psychopath. I can fake emotion toward other people but I feel nothing, not even a glimour of emotion.

I don't think that any child should have to live with a parent inacapable of feeling love. It messes you up more than I could articulate!

Dead Elf

top topics

join