It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#StandUpForUs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
More butt-hurt liberal celebrities.

They even got Steve Buscemi, too!

So what about the claims they are making?

Are hate crimes on the rise?

It seems like they are, except that they're being perpetrated against Trump supporters, and or are fake hate crimes perpetrated by blacks & muslims.

Congress is their last line of defense?

The dems are the minority. Plus these celebs are calling for a blanket opposition to any policy proposed by Trump. What if Trump proposes a policy that actually helps all Americans?

And what is this majority bull#? They're rich Hollywood celebrities, they're less than 1% of the population. Maybe not all people who voted for Hillary want opposition from Congress. Maybe some of them are willing to give Trump a chance the way GOP senators had to do for Obama 8 years ago.

Personally, I think videos like these are going to kill some careers. No joke.

edit: The video has been up for 35 minutes and so far only negative comments.

edit on 1/3/2017 by ColdWisdom because: the motherf###ing russians did it

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

When the system breaks, People who glorify themselves in these industries will be kissing as*. It's what they do best. I can't wait, where's the popcorn and weed?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My dead head friends were pissed today because Oteill , a bassplayer for some hippie band like the new improved grateful dead is having an inauguration protest, oh my they are pissed. Im sure they aren't the only ones. Im done with these people and their crybaby bs, its become trendy for youngsters to protest and they don't even know why. People see this kind of stuff and turn away from the left. The Hollywood actors are really helping Trump, keep it up...........I feel sorry for the smart actors who will lose their job if they publically state their liking for Trump, so far only chachi and dirty harry had the balls lol

edit on 3-1-2017 by libtardslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Butt hurt? Whats everyone on an a$$f$cking kick? Other chap on another thread talking all bout buggery and the like?

Why do I care what some so called celebrity thinks? Bloody wankers!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The police committed alot of hate crimes, not just on blacks, hateful police taking it out on the public. If a group of people need to answer for what they've done, it's them. Not just brutal beatings or shooting, but supplying false testimony's in court, arrest without warrent, harassment. The list goes on and on.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Jeezus Christ!

Trump's not even president and these assholes are blaming him for the past 8 years of hatred, division, heavy-handed government?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Since when these celebrities can tell us what to do. I didn't like some of them before watching that video.

By the way, people are asking who the hell is the guy with the Talit. I know he can't be Harry Potter.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

my thoughts exactly, I guess the liberals got tired of blaming the last president so they are starting to blame the next president.
they completely ignore the fact that Obama is still president, if hate crimes are on the rise then that`s happening on Obama`s watch what is he doing to deal with it?

edit on 3-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
LOL. They are petrified. Good. I don't know if their careers will be hurting, most are B-Listers. I wonder who was behind this advertisement. Time to start digging.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Youtuber who posted this goes by

onewaylife4all

Not a very tolerant name, but to each their own.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Thanks for the digging. My interest stopped with this thread. I now pass on the outrage to ATS.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Jeezus Christ!

Trump's not even president and these assholes are blaming him for the past 8 years of hatred, division, heavy-handed government?

I can't tell what's real, I'm living in the book 1984. It's all theatrics now.

Where's my chocolate ration? I was told we're getting a bump in our chocolate ration distribution. That's terrific news! I do like chocolate, really I do.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Oh no.
People who nobody knows are demanding things.

And what the hell is that guy wearing?

edit on 2017-01-03T18:32:36-06:002201703America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm sure, no, I'm positive this will work as well as the Martin Sheen video.

Just wait and see!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Oh no.
People who nobody knows are demanding things.

And what the hell is that guy wearing?

A Tallit. It's Jewish. I guess they want to make people believe that they don't like Trump. Stupid attempt.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
None of these hollywood libtards ever did anything to lower my taxes, help pay my bills or put food on my table... and the fact that they carried Hillary for the entire election and it did absolutely nothing to prevent her stunning defeat should be an indication that nobody gives a damn about their sell out political views.

Attacks on women and people of color in Trump's name? Like the ones that have all been proven to be hoaxes? Trump is anti-semitic, yet he's the only one defending Israel? Hollywood really has the kool-aid on tap.

edit on 3-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It looks like what you primarily took issue with was the part about hate crimes being on the rise? There have in fact been some hoaxes, that's true. And a number of those made the news. Hoaxes happen. Shame on hoaxers. Seriously, f those people. To a degree, some of this falls on the shoulders of media outlets so eager to sensationalize and fear monger (which sells) that in their haste, they've lowered their standards to posting crap from social media. That's more than unfortunate.

That doesn't mean that hate crimes haven't been on the rise though, does it? (anymore than reporting of hate crimes that did happen prove that hate crimes are on the rise) Also consider that for everyone one of those hoaxes, those involved in creating and reporting them did legitimate victims of crime a great disservice because it makes it easier to delegitimize every allegation. (as you just did)

Personally, I think they should have left that part out of the video. It's hard to quantify without good data. The perception by many Trump supporters is that there is no rise in hate crimes or if there is, it's crimes against... Trump supporters. It's not really necessary to explain the impetus for the message. Everyone who isn't deluded, stupid or not paying attention is on at least some level aware of the identity politics of Trump's campaign. (Remember Kate!) Denying that would be like denying that the Democrats tailor their messaging to appeal to minority groups.

The VPEOTUS has a long anti-LGBT record. There are SCOTUS appointments to be made, including a spot that the douche bag Republicans held open. WeNeedNine.org:

112 Supreme Court Justices have served on the High Court.

All 112 were confirmed to their position within 125 days of their nomination.

Until President Barack Obama's nominee, Chief Judge Merrick Garland.

The Senate GOP refused to consider Garland's nomination for 293 days causing it to expire.

We've got Republican controlled state legislatures in states with Republican governors who have already started passing laws that are likely going to result in cases that will be heard by the SCOTUS.

There's plenty of reason for people to be concerned that has absolutely nothing to do with hate crimes.

Beyond that, it seems that you and others have some laughable things to say about how celebrity opinions don't matter. Laughable because we just frickin elected a celebrity.

Beyond the line about hate crimes and the dubious argument about celebrity, what's got ya triggered?

We demand that you block nominees who threaten the rights of women, the LGBT community, people of color, immigrants and the poor. And we want you know to we are with you as long as you do that stuff. We won't remain silent. We'll work harder to mobilize our votes and our communities but we need you. We expect you to have our backs, to protect our civil liberties and to use your congressional powers to obstruct (x4), defeat, anything (x3) that violates our core values as diverse Americans.

Signed,

The Majority

Do you have a problem with people petititioning Congress to block the appointments of people who would threaten the rights of women, the LGBT community, people of color, immigrants or the poor?

Maybe it's that they claimed that the majority of people, including those who voted for Trump, did not vote for racism, sexism or xenophobia? Are you saying that a majority of people voted for racism, sexism or xenophobia? Good grief HILLARY CLINTON, are you calling American voters deplorables now too?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So actors that are known for nothing but pretending to be something that they aren't think I care about their opinion?
Bawhahaha!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

A libtard huh? What does that make you? A conservatard, a retard or a leotard?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

...these celebs are calling for a blanket opposition to any policy proposed by Trump.

So after complaining for 8 years that Republicans stood in the way of anything and everything Obama tried to accomplish, they're doing the same thing... because they want to be the people they vilified? Whether they know it or not, they're just being good foot soldiers in the divide-and-conquer war.

What if Trump proposes a policy that actually helps all Americans?

Maybe that's exactly what they're really afraid of.

And what is this majority bull#? They're rich Hollywood celebrities, they're less than 1% of the population....

My thoughts exactly. What a load of crap. However, it may also show some desperation... or a lot of desperation. I don't know.

But I say good. Somehow I don't think I'd like any of their solutions anyway, and since it seems to be their way or the highway, let 'em sit and pout... while the doers get the job done. I hope at least...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join