It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mexico threatens Arizona over Anti-Illegals Measure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
and yes international law has authority in the US. It has authority everywhere. Just like it did in serbia, when slobo was brought up on charges of crimes against humanity, or at the nuremburg trials where we hanged our natzi enemies.

What international law states that one country must provide for all the world's citizens?

Based upon your logic, we (the US) can send our people to anywhere in the world and expect them to take care of them. Correct?

The bottom line is, people who are homeless, who are hungry or sick or dying need help. Refusing that help, based on the fact that they do not have the right pieces of paper in their pocket, is the height of inhuman cruelty.

If a person needed EMERGENCY medical services, they could go to a hospital, which would be obliged to stabilize them. But they are not obliged to provide long term care for them at no cost.

Back to topic: What possible rationale could that Mexican official have for even threatening such a lawsuit? Talk about brass balls.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thank you.

Originally posted by groingrinder
This is the second time the LEGAL, LAW ABIDING CITIZENS have tried to stop our tax money from being spent on ILLEGAL FUGITIVES. The people have spoken, and it is time for the law to be put into effect. I am tired of standing by and watching illegal residents help themselves to government bennies that I cannot obtain as a LEGAL USA resident. Let them come here legally, pay taxes, insurance, social security, medical care, daycare, etc like us LEGAL residents do.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The truth is easy to see.

Mexico can't take care of it's own people so they ship them over here....

But then it gets to the point where we can barely take care of US citizens.. nevermind illegal immigrants....

What is needed is more border enforcement... let the citizen state militias have a hand in it to.

The solution is that Mexico needs to fix it's own system.. but that country is probably more corrupt than America so no luck there.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by RedOctober90]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Tovenar, I vote you way up for opposing racism.

To the rest of you, shame. The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was written under fraudulent circumstances by the US, and when Mexico brings it before an International Tribunal you boys are going to be buying mukluks.

If I were you, I'd be trying to make friends with Mexico; you might convince them to let you keep a little of that land your ancestors stole from them.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
? Like Mexico could take it back? They spend to much ime protecting their southern border. They have one of the most guarded borders of any country. Yet they don't mind sending the civillians in to drain America. Still like alien hunting though, and hopefully this summer will get some freinds together to go to the Texas/Mexican border and do some alien hunting myself, help out our lowly paid and supported border patrol do what the Mexican and almost every other country does, kill invaders. Think about it, if America sent 10million people into Canada, is that not invading? Sure they are civillians, but still an invasion which Canada should fight at all costs.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My ancestors stole land in Quincy, Massachusetts from Mexicans?
whoa....

Bad ancestors...bad!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Chakotay,
I have not seen anywhere in this discussion any racism. What the subject is about is the "protection" of people who have entered this country illegally. Proposition 200, protects the rights of any and all persons who have entered the country legally. It is taking the "right to Vote, The Right to use our education system, The Right to use our medical facilities" by people, who, by the way that they chose to enter the country, chosing not to obey the laws of this land and as such have to live a life as criminals, to protect thier continued illegal residence in this country.
It does not matter what Race, Nationality, Color, Creed etc. of thiose who are affected by Proposition 200, if they are here illegally, then why should they be allowed to vote, use the benefits of this country, but yet, are not willing to follow the laws of this country, pay the taxes, ad naseum.
If ANYONE wishes to enter this country using legitimate means, then we will welcome them with open arms. Should we do the same for those who have no regards to our laws?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
^^ Exactly, I never read anything racist either.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wish we could fight the alamo all over again, this time practice scorched earth theory and rid the earth of this problem

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Also, if you really think about it. Yes the southern border of Mexico is one of the most secure in the world. Yet, not only does the Mexcian police force but the Mexican military have lain ground fire to assit these people in crossing the borders.
Now the Mexican goverment is handing out comic books informing it's citizens what the best way to cross the border illegally into the US. How to keep a low profile while here i the US. What to say if they do get caught. Mexico publishes guide to assist border crossers
The numbers of people who cross the border illegally every year out number the number of troops that we have overseas much less than waht are in Iran today! The number is enough to be considered an invading force! By all accounts, there are approximately 3 million illegal aliens that cross into the US from Mexico every year. If such an influx were to occur in any other country in the world, it would be justification for a call to arms and a military answer. What would you think Mexico would do if suddenly there were 3 million Americans crossing the border illegally? I can assure you that pasing laws that only uphold laws presently in place would be far far from their thoughts!
For Arizona (and I hope other states as well) to pass Proposition 200, which basically upholds laws that are already in place, instead of taking other punitive actions is I would think very democratic as well as humane. If these people wish to live and work here, then they need to become legal residents then there is no problem. If they wish to partake in the benefits offered here in the US no problem, become legal and all is well

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The thing about this case that angers me is that the Mexican goverment can't handle itself domestically so they have their citizens come into the US illegally. If your not going to pay taxes like everybody else then don't expect the same benefits.

It doesn't really make sense to let non-citizens vote for who runs the citizens. If you think about it, it's the same thing as sending sleeper agents into a country to influence elections.

I have nothing against the Mexicans in general. The only problem I have with immigrants is when they come in illegally and expect everything for nothing.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I find this rather funny seeing how I have a thread on the terrorist board how mexico is actually the largest terrorist threat the us face's.here

when will folks catch on ?

All I can say is hang them wetback freaken no company builden retards.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by nmbvua]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

That is just hilarioius.

You post a paragraph of racist drivel. You're first sentence says mexicans are poor because of their "mentality!"

If they are poor, it's their own fault, right?

And then you call them names (smucks. It is schmucks, by the way.)

and then you add a tagline to tell us that you are personally not a racist, even if you call a whole nation a bunch of smucks.

Next you're gonna tell us that you personally have lots of mexican friends, right?

Amerikan Hippocracy at work.

You are funny
Even an idiot could see I was talking about the government of Mexico. I neither said, nor made any allusions to ANYONE being poor. AAANNNDDD I called the Mexican Government 'schmucks'. Forgive me if I was typing to fast. It's kind of funny that every person that is not an American can bash our government, but the minute one of us says something about someone else's government, we are labeled as rascist. Im sorry if you took it that way.

AAAANNNNDDDD as a matter of fact, I DO have gringos her partner. Get over yourself. I hate everybody equally

[edit on 1/28/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hmmm, how about we all have a little ATS alien hunt? Who ever bags the most illegal aliens wins. Well, American ATSers, unless you British and Australian and French and Canadian and whoever want to join in on the hunt. Of course, certain towns on the border use to have alien hunts and gave money for the bodies. But then the Mexican gov. complained about us repelling their invasion so the US gov. made them stop. Now they just don't give rewards for the bodies. I don't get it, if 10million American citizens invaded Mexico they would draw their army up from the southern border to fight the invasion, but when they do the same to us they sue and complain when they are stopped, or when someone tries to stop them. No problem with legal aliens, my Aunt is one, from Vietnam, but the ones who come here illegally, well, they criminals.

Or even better, round them up and if they want out of their country so badly ship them to Antartica or Africa or some other hell hole of the world. Then see how many try to get back home.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Actually in the 80's a hate group was sending out flyers
said " for some fun in the sun come to AZ and shoot some wet backs" they got into some big trouble for it but somehow it got lost in the court papers no one can seem to find the court hearing on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
To assume this proposition borders on racism is to say the United States only gives citizenship to those of certain races. Don't go there. I despise the mentality that everyone has the "chance" of being a racist as much as I despise a racist. Anyone who has a problem with certain racial groups either grew up being told one way or the other that certain "races" are the reason for why something is, or they don't have the strength of self to educate themselves. Quit whining and embrace the person next to you. If they don't want to be embraced then that's their loss. When I voted for president in the recent US elections I was required to show i.d. I live in Tennessee. Tennessee is not a state that has a known problem with illegal immigrants; Arizona is. It only makes sense to verify your citizenship to vote. I would feel proud to show I was a citizen to vote, even if I had to produce documents other than DL to prove it. I have Spanish ancestry in my family and have learned to love alot of both the Mexican and Spanish cultures. To whine about verifying your citizenship to vote when illegal border crossings are ocurring in the state that wishes it usually means you may not be for the illegal border crossings, but some part of you isn't against it either. The problem here isn't illegal imigrants coming across the border. The US does better at stopping that than most countries who have tanks in visual distance from their borders. The problem isn't even a corrupt Mexican government, which has been the case in other issues in the past. The problem is one of pointing fingers after someone tells you the obvious (the mexican government doesn't desire to stop illegal border crossings) but they don't like someone telling them they don't know how, or have the resources to stop them. So as it plays out an official of some clout (mostly family name and alot of wealth) tries to point a finger back by using a futile attempt of legalities via those who write international law, not seek it. All in all it's just a big whining fest. The U.S. can be bullies, but at least we get to the point and make an attempt to stop whining about a melodramatic way of life that has no place in civilization; that is of course unless you believe lifes accomplishments are defined by whining.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
tovenar: I am curious; What do you think California would look like if we had not taken the entire continent? Do you imagine that somehow California is magically prosperous and that's why it's great?

I'd say that it's the GOVERNMENT which makes California and America so much more prosperous and livable than Mexico. In fact, what should happen is that Mexico should lend us all their land down to the 35 parallel so we can improve it, get the plumbing working, etc and then they can start sneaking past the NEW border afterward.

Iraq is in the middle east which is a war zone and has little industry anywhere whereas Mexico has no excuse. These people do not care about their corrupt officials and they would rather leave their own country than try to fix it. Europeans would never let that happen. They'd get out in the streets and gum up the works until those in power changed their ways (or at least gave the impression).

On the whole, this is part of a larger plan to have one continent and to merge under world government. I am similarly reminded of the arabs who are relocating to places like Holland and Sweden. My friends in those countries are just as irritated as Americans with regard to Mexicans.

By the way, I think bigotry is the word you're looking for. That's when you feel better than someone due to your race. Racism is just when you identify with your race. It does not imply superiority.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
They have a nerve to be here illegally. If they want to be here they have to do like everyone else does. Apply for legal status or get out.

I have a job where i ask people their social security number-
90 percent of Mexicans ( no offense to the law abiding ones) DO NOT HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. Furthermore, when i ask them for their date of birth,
they're afraid to tell me that.

Whats with this

How funny do you have a clue? this is a war thats why they are that way. DUH!!!!
and yes they fight a slow war. one never ever seen in history. but in time it will be in the books. just keep leten em in here thats what they want 20 million illegals this year do the math X min wage and there illegal the taxes on there wage would end the defaset. dude get with the program.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
SMALLPEEPS
dude mexicali loves you and the new river with it's skinless boneless brown trout. flowing into the salton sea. yep they trashed it goto bombay and take a look first hand. mexico has and is trashing this country and were letten em. take bush's latest and greatest we no has a green card holder in the whitehouse. mexico will win if we let them. and right now we are. Yes THATS RIGHT THERES A GREEN CARD HOLDEN IN OFFICE IN WASHINGTON.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by nmbvua]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This dude has some big ones between his legs. How dare he to say what he did about the imagrients. We need to get this border closed and deport them. They are sucking the life out of our social services and any other program they can get to. They are taking jobs away from our country and leaving those americans who paid into the system are not getting anything for their part. If they are going to come, learn the rules of our country, speak English,quit breeding in order to get even more foodstamps and whatever else the qualify, and learn how to carry insurance on your car and at the same time learn to drive right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join