It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to 'repeal a lot' of Obama's actions on day one, top aide says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Well more evidence that billionaires on not in the business of helping others, you don't get rich by giving away your money.....

Of these alleged 3500 cases, i wonder exactly how much money that amounts to, that has been 'stolen' and how many businesses failed as a direct result of not being paid for work done...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well more evidence that billionaires on not in the business of helping others, you don't get rich by giving away your money.....

Of these alleged 3500 cases, i wonder exactly how much money that amounts to, that has been 'stolen' and how many businesses failed as a direct result of not being paid for work done...

When you are talking small business it can be as simple as not being paid for Single roof job and suddenly half your crew is laid off. The amount only matters to the ones who didn't receive it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I agree, if he stiffed those contractors, he is a turd. Is there any docs that give reasons?

Why is there no law suits?

Are these number of complaints/ non payment out of line with the industry?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

As a tradesman i am well aware of this.....You work you ass off to get paid if someone stiffs you it is detrimental..

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

FYI your source claims they he will revoke his executive ACTIONS but for some reason, you claim it will be executive orders.

Unless you don't know the difference I don't know why you would make such a claim.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Typo and I haven't the foggiest of the diff.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As a tradesman i am well aware of this.....You work you ass off to get paid if someone stiffs you it is detrimental..

Same here especially if you supply materials but I think Trumps ego is going to make him do things that he knows will make people like him and creating a better economy definitely is a good start.
If he did flat out screw contractors over that's as low as it gets and I hope there's more to the story.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

I agree stiffing anyone is bad news bears.

My question is, is this out of line for the major developments and huge buildings?

I had a buddy go to arbitration because a contractor didn't finish his yard off with the top soil that was stipulated in the contract.

How often does this happen and is Trump's boning these people an average #?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Apparently he has threatened to slap them with massive taxes unless they stop manufacturing in Mexico.

While it's not going to win him any friends in Mexico,

I am sure the US workers that have been f#cked over the last two decades give a crap, let Mexico worry about it's own manufacturing plants.. When you rely on another country for your wealth and profit you are in their pocket.. Mexico I am sure can find something domestic for the plants to do and the US needs to rebuild from the inside.

RA

It's not just the USA that has lost jobs too poorer nations. Australia, NZ, UK are just some of the nation's that share your pain.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

That means that all the different countries have the same issue with corps.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Trump was a ruthless businessman who did whatever he could to further his company. I think it's time the USA had someone like that fighting for us, not the Clinton's, Bush's and Obama's who intentionally weakened the country.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Right--and this is what he said that he was going to do all along. He talked about import taxes and how he was going to increase them as an incentive for companies to stay in America, but at the same time, he's going to lower the tax rate of doing business within our border.

It's a double incentive--we'll see how it goes, but it seems like a good recipe, which will also (theoretically) get people buying more American products because the cost of the imported ones will increase under those types of tax conditions.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: libtardslayer

Quite honestly, I don't ever see the wall getting built--it's just too grand, costly, and logistically difficult to do, and there's just so much border to do it on. Not to mention all of the smuggling tunnels that already exist, those things would just increase in number to compensate.

We definitely need to do SOMETHING better about our southern border than we are currently doing, but I don't think that the wall is going to be that something.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Trump actually does what he says

The fun part is watching to see if what is does is idea A or the opposite of idea A posed a day or two later.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What did the contract say? we don`t know

“Let’s say that they do a job that’s not good, or a job that they didn’t finish, or a job that was way late. I’ll deduct from their contract, absolutely,” Trump said. “That’s what the country should be doing.”

www.usatoday.com...

sueing someone doesn`t mean anything, anybody can sue anyone for anything.

We`ll all be better off when the government stops paying people for incompetent work, work that wasn`t finished, cost overruns etc.

Maybe trump will stop paying the VA until they start doing a competent job, why should the taxpayers continue paying top dollar for sub standard work? They shouldn`t.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Agreed, the VA must be the hardest problem to solve ever. We have been hearing about sub par care for years. Start throwing the head muchy mucks in prison. I bet things get solved quick.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join