It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to 'repeal a lot' of Obama's actions on day one, top aide says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Trump plans to repeal a raft of Obama's exe orders on the first day. So says his press secretary Sean Spicer.

President-elect Donald Trump plans to repeal a raft of President Barack Obama's executive actions in his first day in office, Trump's incoming White House press secretary said Sunday.
Members of the transition team are meeting this week to discuss what actions the incoming president will undertake on day one, a source told CNN Monday.
www.cnn.com...

No specifics on which exe order. In the past Trump has singled out immigration, energy regs, and foreign policy. Spicer said Trump is going to begin reforms to bring a new brand to Washington. With the ban on becoming lobbyists for 5 years after serving on a Trump admin it's a good start.

He didn't specify which executive actions Trump will repeal.
However, Trump has long been critical of Obama's moves on immigration, energy regulation and foreign policy, and could look for ways to undo those and other actions.
Spicer also said Trump will begin reforms intended to "bring a new brand to Washington" with a restriction on members of his administration becoming lobbyists for a period of five years after they leave Trump's government.
"It's very forward-thinking," Spicer said. "What we've had in the past is people who have looked in the rearview mirror. This time, we're thinking forward. If you want to serve in a Trump administration, you're going to serve this country, not yourself."

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We'll see.

Remember, Obama closed Gitmo on day one--or, at least he said that he would.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Good point, but I really had to chuckle to myself when I just heard on the radio news that he just threatened General Motors.

Apparently he has threatened to slap them with massive taxes unless they stop manufacturing in Mexico.

While it's not going to win him any friends in Mexico, it is a rather novel way of curbing the negative side of capitalism - chasing profit at any cost, even if it mean betraying your own nation by closing factories and sheddibg jobs.
edit on 3-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I do believe Trump has positioned himself in the starting blocks to hit the ground running. The new Ford deal is positive along with a yahoo article yesterday about him now focusing on GM; which will be a harder nut to crack since most of their cars are made in China. But so far so good for America IMO.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And do something about NAFTA. Ooops.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Dodge too.

The body of my Challenger was manufactured in Canada, the engine in Mexico, then it was "assembled" in the US.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Bet that really cut down on the cost of the car, right?
edit on 3-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Apparently he has threatened to slap them with massive taxes unless they stop manufacturing in Mexico.

While it's not going to win him any friends in Mexico,

I am sure the US workers that have been f#cked over the last two decades give a crap, let Mexico worry about it's own manufacturing plants.. When you rely on another country for your wealth and profit you are in their pocket.. Mexico I am sure can find something domestic for the plants to do and the US needs to rebuild from the inside.

I truly am waiting for what the outcome of all this internal business restructure will do long term, many people will poo poo the idea that the US can rebuild its manufacturing but honestly I am not a betting man but at this point I would say it has a good chance.

I am also well aware that many people want this idea to fail, once the seed is sowed that the US can produce and maintain jobs how the hell would someone that is coming in after Trump sell the idea to the population of taking business overseas. You are back to square one with having to BS the idea and slowly bending the working man over again and that will take generations..

RA

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

This is exactly what the corps are doing. They are depending on third world labors to make stuff to sell to people who used to make that stuff and are now in the service industry. With out the $ to but the third world made products.

I am sure the US workers that have been f#cked over the last two decades give a crap, let Mexico worry about it's own manufacturing plants.. When you rely on another country for your wealth and profit you are in their pocket.. Mexico I am sure can find something domestic for the plants to do and the US needs to rebuild from the inside.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
But there are so many to choose from.

260 according to google.

Yall need to read em.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Looks like it will be a busy first day.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey Yeah but theres a big difference between those 2,,Trump actually does what he says,,his past speaks for itself. When the wall construction starts people are really going to poop.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Good! an Barry o bomber needs to go back to where ever he's from and take that awful man/ woman with him.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

This may very well change of generation of kids that will see opertunity for their parents. The last 20-30 years it hasn't been the case. Kids growing up in that time frame got to see their parents laid off and in many cases the corps were very profitable.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: libtardslayer

Agreed.

I will admit when he craps the bed, but I will also let him get into office before I say he has failed.

I see that the big corps that told us they HAD to get that sweet sweet 3rd world slave labor or they are done suddenly being able to make stuff here, weird. I guess consider the source when corps give out info.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That`s what scares the corporations the most, they are scared that the younger generation will find out what the older generation already knows, that American based corporations can pay a living wage and still make profits.
corporations have young americans convinved that the best jobs that America can offer are burger flipping jobs and minimum wage jobs.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I wish I could give you a thousand stars.
It is social conditioning. The corp mouth piece weaponized media does what it it told, and that is to say the corps must cut, cut and cut some more. All the while record profits flow in and the worker bees are supposed to be happy with crap pay and crap benefits.

Trump, if he does what he has just started, will open eyes and change minds.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
That`s what scares the corporations the most, they are scared that the younger generation will find out what the older generation already knows, that American based corporations can pay a living wage and still make profits.
corporations have young americans convinved that the best jobs that America can offer are burger flipping jobs and minimum wage jobs.

You think that's what Trump wants? Lmfao. Tell that to the contractors working for Trump who never got paid. What work is more honest than a tradesman? Not many.

Yet he couldn't be bothered to pay up. Let's refrain from disillusionment shall we?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Source or it didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Source or it didn't happen.

Really?

...OK.

Edward’s son, Paul, who was the firm’s accountant, still remembers the amount of that bill more than 30 years later: $83,600. The reason: the money never came. “That began the demise of the Edward J. Friel Company… which has been around since my grandfather,” he said.
Donald Trump often portrays himself as a savior of the working class who will "protect your job." But a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 3-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join