It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deckard is a replicant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I always suspected this and have read lots of articles on it..

But alas here we are - io9.gizmodo.com...

Wonder how that will play into the new movie with Ryans character set to hunt them down!!!

Final confrontation with Batty

Final origami -

edit on 3-1-2017 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

I can not wait I hope it is half as good as the original.
I do hope they get the same dude who did the music Vangelis I think it was a greek composer....better check If he is still alive.
Yup still alive but this dude is doing it.

Jóhann Jóhannsson

www.theverge.com...
edit on 3-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I hope there is some reason why they felt they needed to resolve this in the trailer! Wouldn't it have been better to save that one for the theatre?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Just listened to some of the tracks he composed for the theory of everything form your link!!!!
I think he's going to have it bagged.
Another one I like is Clint Mansell.
I think this is going to be a great film.
So long as they keep it dystopian and character driven it should work.
Unfortunately we'll not have a Batty.
He ranks in my top antagonists list for movies.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah I'm listening to it also and I think it will be a soundtrack to buy.
I'm surprised Ford agreed to do it seeing he had such a bad time on Bladerunner...wouldn't do any interviews for years because of the working conditions.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Should be an interesting movie, but i can stand the blank look on that Ryan Gooses face!!.....being of the era, I watched Blade Runner at the Drive In in the day.......it was difficult to understand even then....mind you it was also a dark movie to watch, especially at the Drive In.
Of course, this was a few years after Ridley's success with Alien, and before his adventure film Legend.

The music was haunting.....Interesting history of Vangelis, if anyone wants to look at his past.

He was in a Very successful esoteric Prog. Rock group in Greece called "Aphrodites Child", which also featured a soon to be very famous, heavy bass player and singer called Demis Rousos!! (RIP)
Their greatest album is called "666", it is a themed album released in 1970.
Great pieces of music...my favourite being "The Four Horsemen".
Its on the Toob, worth looking up for the prog rock enthusiast, of just to sample alternative music of that era.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I read your post earlier and went to comment but was disstractracted by the girlfriend.

After reading the post I went back and viewed three different endings from the original blade runner.

I think I enjoy

1. the final directors cut which ends in the elevator.

2. the non voice over in the car with the Kubrick footage and great music.

3. Horrible voice over theatrical ending with the cheese music.

I don't mind goseling and they could have made a much, much worse casting descion. I love a good sci-fi film. I hope it's good.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Kind of make's sense especially with it being inspired by Do Android's dream of Electric sheep.

Still I love the way they did make it and if they had made him the replicant he was originally intended to be then there would be no sequel as he would have been dead when his expiry date came up.

I also would have hated that ending were he shot Rachel in the snow, as that would have made him a psychopath even if she was a replicant, albeit one with no expiration date.

Still it also make's sense since his job was to hunt down the replicant's whom were smarter, faster and stronger than a human so of course they needed someone or something faster, stronger and smarter than a replicant except that rutger hauer played a super soldier replicant so no ordinary skin job, it could also explain Rutger's sudden turn of kindness at the end as it could be explained as him Knowing what Deckard did not, that he was a replicant as well - BUT that would have ruined the entire best scene in cinema history (in my opinion).

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
I always suspected this and have read lots of articles on it..

But alas here we are - io9.gizmodo.com...

Wonder how that will play into the new movie with Ryans character set to hunt them down!!!

Final confrontation with Batty

Final origami -

Deckard was only a replicant in the Directors Cut which came almost 10 years after the theatrical. It was made bloody obvious.
I for one like the Deckard being a replicant angle and theme. But the Final Cut and Theatrical Cut of Blade Runner are very, very different in tone and execution. Especially the ending.

Now as for the sequel, I have a feeling Ryan plays a "young" Deckard

They need the Deckard Blade Runner magic to find him
edit on 11-1-2017 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I feel this is a bad idea. I'll definitely wait until reviews come out before spending money on this and even then I'm very highly skeptical that this can live up to the original.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I feel this is a bad idea. I'll definitely wait until reviews come out before spending money on this and even then I'm very highly skeptical that this can live up to the original.

Why even think it could live up to the original? The original didnt even get any massive amount of good reviews either...so your point?

Blade Runner took another decade to be truly appreciated, in the form of directors cut and the Final Cut.
Critics are fkn assholes. Totally un-needed. I wont bother to read ANY review what so ever of ANY movie.
I am my own best critic. I loved Blade Runner theatrical and directors cut and could not BELIEVE most critics didnt like it.
So there with your predictions of the sequel. Denis Villeneuve has a great future. Should check out his other movies too. Hes set up for Dune next..

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

I should have stated that better. I didn't mean critics reviews as they are untrustworthy. I meant the general public. See how people react to this and then go from there. I don't have high hopes for this but hey maybe it will turn out ok.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Ah. Point taken bro ^

new topics

top topics

join