It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Orange Messiah, Trump Tweeted Something I Don't Take Issue With

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I probably could have posted this outside of the Mud Pit but given my propensity for snark and unfiltered ridicule, I figured this was the best choice. (also, I really like typing things like Cheeto Jesus , F---face Von Clownstick and Dick l'Orange)

So PE Trump has finally used his tiny hands to tweet something that wasn't entirely cringeworthy (shocking, I know!) and in response, the House Republicans did an about face, ditching their plans to gut ethics oversight by the Office of Congressional Ethics in the new rules package.

Let's not all start singing Kumbaya quite yet — and it doesn't escape my notice that he referred to the OCE as "unfair" — but the result was that the House Republicans bailed on their effort and I'll take a win where I can get one and give credit where credit is due. On that note, let's also give credit to the evil (evil evil evil) liberal media for reporting on the GOP plans in the first place so that PE Trump could find out about it since according to Breitbart News, the whole thing was just "fake news" anyway:

Fake News About the Office of Congressional Ethics

The story qualifies as “fake news,” and the fact that it is being repeated by so many outlets does not make the it any less fake.

First of all, the change — voted on by Republicans on Monday as part of their larger rules package — has nothing to do with Trump. The House sets its own rules, and it would actually be an encroachment on the separation of powers for Trump to tell it to do otherwise. Furthermore, Republicans have been in control of the House since 2011 and have left the OCE alone.

In case you missed the bolded part (mine) in the above excerpt, Joel Pollak, Breitbart clown, zigged while Trump zagged. Ironically, that left the poor would be Trump defender Pollak, who'd painted himself into a corner with hyperbolic pronouncements on Monday, in a position of having preemptively declared what PE Trump did today "an encroachment on the separation of powers."

Does that mean that by Pollak's way of thinking, Trump fell for fake news?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

(also, I really like typing things like Cheeto Jesus , F---face Von Clownstick and Dick l'Orange)

Those are very creative and quite funny.
Can't wait to see what you come up with in the next 4 years.

So would that make trump the most effective politician using social media?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Trump successfully trolled the Democrats again !!

He got the House Republicans to start the frenzy and then we saw Democrats *appearing* to be all upset.

In reality, the Democrats were relieved because the heat was off them.

Democrats thought their *anger* would be passed off because they couldn't do anything.

Then Trump tweets, and boom. Gone !!

Clever set up.

Now watch for Democrat ethics violations to come out.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I probably could have posted this outside of the Mud Pit but given my propensity for snark and unfiltered ridicule, I figured this was the best choice. (also, I really like typing things like Cheeto Jesus , F---face Von Clownstick and Dick l'Orange)

So PE Trump has finally used his tiny hands to tweet something that wasn't entirely cringeworthy (shocking, I know!) and in response, the House Republicans did an about face, ditching their plans to gut ethics oversight by the Office of Congressional Ethics in the new rules package.

Let's not all start singing Kumbaya quite yet — and it doesn't escape my notice that he referred to the OCE as "unfair" — but the result was that the House Republicans bailed on their effort and I'll take a win where I can get one and give credit where credit is due. On that note, let's also give credit to the evil (evil evil evil) liberal media for reporting on the GOP plans in the first place so that PE Trump could find out about it since according to Breitbart News, the whole thing was just "fake news" anyway:

Fake News About the Office of Congressional Ethics

The story qualifies as “fake news,” and the fact that it is being repeated by so many outlets does not make the it any less fake.

First of all, the change — voted on by Republicans on Monday as part of their larger rules package — has nothing to do with Trump. The House sets its own rules, and it would actually be an encroachment on the separation of powers for Trump to tell it to do otherwise. Furthermore, Republicans have been in control of the House since 2011 and have left the OCE alone.

In case you missed the bolded part (mine) in the above excerpt, Joel Pollak, Breitbart clown, zigged while Trump zagged. Ironically, that left the poor would be Trump defender Pollak, who'd painted himself into a corner with hyperbolic pronouncements on Monday, in a position of having preemptively declared what PE Trump did today "an encroachment on the separation of powers."

Trump, needs to quit twitter! He is so embarrassing!! I can't stand it!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow. You magically read negative intent into the Democrats and liberals who were more than "appearing" to be upset by the gutting of the Office of Congressional Ethics (which seems like an oxymoron, but then hey, I'd be reading intent then too, no?)

The mental backflips are stunning. *slow clap*

- AB

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump successfully trolled the Democrats again !!

He got the House Republicans to start the frenzy and then we saw Democrats *appearing* to be all upset.

In reality, the Democrats were relieved because the heat was off them.

Democrats thought their *anger* would be passed off because they couldn't do anything.

Then Trump tweets, and boom. Gone !!

Clever set up.

Now watch for Democrat ethics violations to come out.

when you think of democrats and republicans or partisanship, im really curious to know what goes on in your head.
edit on 3-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Dick l'Orange has a special place in my heart and I am flattered every time he uses the moniker.

edit on 3-1-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I can't take credit for any of them but I'll try to come up with fresh ones periodically to keep things interesting.

So would that make trump the most effective politician using social media?

That's a complicated question and I don't think anyone can reasonably predict with any confidence how social media will factor into the Trump presidency. It's safe to say that it's changing politics and that Trump's social media game was much better than Clinton's.

While social media is new, the idea of a leader connecting/appealing to the population is as old as politics. Political leaders use the technology as it becomes available. Prior to the radio, that was the print media. In the radio age, there was FDR and his fireside chats and Churchill with his radio addresses. While FDR was the first President to be broadcast on TV (at the World's Fair) it was Truman who was the first presidential candidate to use TV ads and as President, it was Truman who pioneered White House telecasts.

Other world leaders have taken that to the next level. One prime example would be Hugo Chavez who used a weekly TV show, Aló Presidente, to push his agenda to the people directly. Would you cosider that a good thing?

Good or bad, it's happening. We'll have to wait to see how it plays out.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Your obsession with skin color is a true inspiration for the other liberals.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This will be an entertaining administration to view through the eyes of ATS

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Since this first brilliant idea hasn't played so well, now they can move on to agendas one and two.

Huge raises for all, and make accepting bribes gifts from lobbyists legal!

edit on 1/3/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Holy Orange Messiah, Trump Tweeted Something I Don't Take Issue With

Holy RACIST batman.

Since someone is making skin color an 'issue'.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You leave Sydney Pollack out of this! Three Days Of The Condor was a great movie!

Plus, he played Ziegler in Eyes Wide Shut.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trump's orange skin is not an indicator of his race, it is an indicator of his liberal and injudicious use of spray tan.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If only he'd introduce Obama by the same standards everytime...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Trump's orange skin is not an indicator of his race, it is an indicator of his liberal and injudicious use of spray tan.

Try again.

Trumps a 'nazi'.

He can't be liberal about anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Try again.

No, I think not.

Unless you have evidence Trump's unhealthy orange radiance is due to his ethnicity and not being obsessed with spray tan.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well. .. we've already been through public meltdowns before

lady "no friends" gaga and her stuff

Maria likes to toke
!yaaaay !

Trump tweets

*forgot the Brritney 'affair', for risk of a flogging
edit on 3/1/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is there evidence of it being spray tan? Did the paparazzi dig the bottles out of his trash? Well damn, what's his favorite brand then? Do they sell it at KMart, or is that an AMWAY product?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Is there evidence of it being spray tan?

I suppose he could have bad jaundice but I tend to lean towards hitting the spray tan bottle a bit too hard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join