It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adviser contradicts Trump: Russians hacked the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Washington (CNN)A top adviser to President-elect Donald Trump said Monday he thinks the Russians were involved in election-related hacking of the US -- a very different view than that held by the incoming administration.

News link - www.cnn.com...

What say you ATS?
edit on 3-1-2017 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
CNN is a well known Hoax website, You can pretty much disregard anything from it

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think the adviser is more than entitled to his own opinion. I also think it's a good thing to have advisers and members of your inner circle that aren't all "Yes Men" and cover all the tangents.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

I agree....What do you make of the words from the actual adviser?
That given the intel from intelligence agencies that it seems
Russia did hack the U.S..

Also - side request - where do you get your news from?
Please don't be vague - give me an actual source.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I agree - i'm glad/hope there are people around him that
will tell him to sit in a corner and shut up while adults talk.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

The ad-hominem fallacy (an attack against the person rather than the position they maintain) has now expanded to become the ad-network, which stunts thought and people's ability to think logically about an issue, and rather allows their trusted network to do their thinking for them.

Sad, really.
edit on 3-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I say that his statement is not as clear cut as your headline makes it seem.

Speaking on Tuesday on CNN's "New Day," Woolsey stressed his belief that more than one country was involved in hacking US Democratic organizations and individuals.

"Is it Russian? Probably some," the Trump adviser told Chris Cuomo, adding that China and Iran could also have been involved. "It shouldn't be portrayed as one guilty party. It's much more complicated than that."

He added, "This is not an organized an operation ... It's not like taking a number at a bakery and standing in line to politely get your dozen cookies ... it's more like a bunch of jackals at the carcass of an antelope."

The above is from the link in OP.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
so russia hacked closed system voting machines and paper ballots?

gotcha

edit on 3-1-2017 by Perjury because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I dont know what to make of him, I have seen zero evidence to support his claims.

I get my news from many places, ATS is one place, I like zerohedge aswell, Liveleak is another place, The 4th media, And a lot of places where people have posted links in comment sections, As a rule of thumb stay away from MSM, and only visit sites with a comments section, If they dont have a comment section, there is a reason for that, Most of the time the real news or further links to a story will be in the comments.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Yup.

Look at the guy that commented that CNN is a hoax site and should be disregarded.
He's getting his attention yet no one can ever answer my question as to where they get
their news from. Everything it seems is now fake news depending on the news being reported.
Had CNN been reporting something pro trump I can assure people would be marching along
to that tune as well "CNN is truly a trusted site, always liked them".
I'd really like to know what can be considered real new anymore...
It's almost as if news is becoming like art - to be experienced by the individual but not
shared by the group (subjective).

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

I didn't say it.
Intelligence agencies and his own adviser is co-signing it.

GOTCHA...

but again you know more than they do as
you're part of the Trumps inner circle.

Where do you get your news?

link   

Look above your post

link   

Look above your post

link   
Could of been, or it could of been another country posing as Russian assets.

It's not very hard to spoof many aspects of your computer usage, on many levels.

Just like there is more than one backdoor in much of the commercially used software.

Remember, the only network that can't be hacked is the network that's offline and even then it's not impossible to infiltrate using the users themselves.

And let's just think about this divide we have in our government right now, one side wanting to goto war with Russia and one side wanting to be friends and do business with Russia.

That alone should speak volumes to all.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: To add encrypted info in the spaces.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

haha I like liveleak - I go there to get my fill of
false flag beheading videos.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

Those Russians are very very smart :>) in another kind of a twisted sense

Russia is not just being blamed for meddling in the US presidential election however, but also for the outcome of the June referendum in Britain over membership in the European Union (EU). Speaking to the House of Commons in mid-December, the ardent remain campaigner and Labour MP, Ben Bradshaw, hysterically tried to argue that Russian hackers were responsible for the British people voting to leave the EU (emphasis added): “I don’t think we have even began to wake up to what Russia is doing when it comes to cyber warfare. Not only their interference – now proven – in the American presidential campaign, [but] probably in our own referendum. We don’t have the evidence yet, but I think it is highly probable.”

Similar to the narrative that Russia meddled in the US election, Bradshaw’s accusation is backed up by no evidence, as he himself admitted in his outburst. Contrary to Russian meddling, the facts prove that leaders of various other powers interfered in the Brexit vote, albeit unsuccessfully managing to sway the British people. The German Chancellor for instance, Angela Merkel, publicly urged the British people to vote to remain in the EU, and emphasised the consequences of a Brexit vote. But Merkel’s interference in the referendum was nothing compared to the degree to which Barack Obama attempted to influence the British public.

The US President used his visit to Britain in April to engage in a total media blitz, throwing his weight firmly behind the remain campaign. Obama penned an article (or his speechwriters did) for the Telegraph, in which he strongly argued that Britain was best served remaining in the EU. Obama reiterated his position in a press conference with the then British leader, David Cameron, stating that: “The Prime Minister and I discussed the upcoming referendum here on whether or not the UK should remain part of the European Union. Let me be clear, ultimately this is something that the British voters have to decide for themselves. But as part of our special relationship, part of being friends, is to be honest, and to let you know what I think; and speaking honestly, the outcome of that decision is a matter of deep interest to the United States because it affects our prospects as well. The United States wants a strong United Kingdom as a partner; and the United Kingdom is at its best when it’s helping to lead a strong Europe. It leverages UK power to be part of the European Union. As I wrote in the op-ed here today, I don’t believe the EU moderates British influence in the world, it magnifies it.” journal-neo.org...
But we know now that Putin made Merkel and Obama do it so there you go :>)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I agree with you.
Personally I don't know where it's all going.
On many sites I see people almost more aligned to Putin
than to our own president regardless of whether they like
Obama or not. It's almost as if they would go to war with Russia against the U.S.
if the opportunity presented it self.
On the other spectrum there are Trump supporters that want him to declare war
against Russia to prove he's not "a lame duck" president so they can say MURICA
as they ride their lawnmower drinking a budweiser.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

haha I like liveleak - I go there to get my fill of
false flag beheading videos.

Well i dont go there for that, liveleak Syria channel is second to none for on the ground news in Syria, Theres posters from all sides uploading daily.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Please feel free to share that link here for every
and anyone interested to bookmark.
Maybe a thread should be devoted to adding links to credible
new stories.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The intelligence agencies know that Russia hacked both the Dem's and Rep's. This is probably true. But there is no evidence or even any real hint that they gave the info to Wikileaks. So there is no evidence they interfered with the election directly at all. Wikileaks is actually the only one that got much attention and both the one who started wiki leaks and Putin deny that Russia was wiki leaks source. There are many hackers out there that could have hacked into both of these agencies and given out the info to wiki leaks. According to some things I read, there was an insider, maybe the guy who disappeared from the Democratic campaign committee.

I know Putin really really disliked Hillary and I would not blame him for releasing this info to wiki but it doesn't look like he did from looking at evidence. Russians were under the impression that Hillary was going to win just like half the people in this country. They were trying to make preparations and policy to counteract Hillary's regime.

This guy does not say that the Russians supplied Wiki leaks with anything, he just comments that the Russians hack a lot. So does America, we are just jealous of Russia because they do not have as much technology that can be hacked remotely. I think our government is stupid for having so much information and control of infrastructure that is able to be hacked. Computers will be our downfall. What happened to paper? I suppose it is hard to change the figures on a paper record so the government can hide things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join