It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live strange eggs hatching

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi all,

I lifted a rock in my little indoor river today and noticed a few of the "balls" , i guess they are eggs.

So i put a live cam on it, and lets hope we will see something happen... in a few minutes... hours... days.. : )

I have no clue of what they are, although i suspect they are from anything i put in my indoor river system.

So.. for the bored.. the curious.. and you!

Lets hope they will hatch, not get eaten or fall down without me around!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What have you got in your indoor river system.. Any chance of a picture? I'm intrigued to see it..

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Hi, you want to see a picture of the animals or of the river?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Ya I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of your river system, never heard of one before but it sounds awesome.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Well here is Willem : )

It's a snail I snatched out of the lake around here a year ago or so..

I made a rude cell phone overview the other day..
I hesitate a little because the quality is not that good.. and i was doing some lighting experiments that day.. so its not the best overview.. but ok .. i will upload that so you can get the idea .. give me a few minutes to get it off my phone into the wild

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Somehow ATS is giving me a hard time uploading pictures lately, anyone else the same problem?

I select, they upload.. i see them go to 100% and.. then .. when my gallery refreshes .. nothing new.. ???

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Watching those eggs hatch sure is boring. They are slow as a snail. How big are they?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ok here is an overview of my little indoor river.
Its in a 90 degree angle.. about 30 cm's deep.
A current is flowing in a designed way.. to keep the water healty.

Among the occupants are: Two or three little frogs, about 40 schrimps, about 40 tetra's, about 6 5 stripe barbels, a yellow bottom feater , a brown one.. a few black molly's.. a few Zebra Danio's , two male Guppies... a few litle snails.

Special mention: Willem, the snail. He is actually one of the most active , visible and enjoying occupant.

And the stars of the show Cinderella and Darth Vader, the most lazy fish you will ever know.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

About 1mm each i guess

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My friends and I found eggs very similar to this during the early 80s. My best friends (twin brothers) had an unused aquarium setup, so we set it up as close to the natural habitat as we could...

Sadly, I never saw the twins again.

The aquarium was found shattered... it was said that it appeared to have "exploded"... they also found a strange green slime, and drag marks leading back into the river...

I would proceed with serious caution... just sayin...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: rickymouse

About 1mm each i guess

Could be just about anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

1. It sounds like the file size of the images might have been too large. I'm not sure what the limit is but I've run into before and had to scale/crop or up the compression on images.

2. Just a general FYI - all pictures go to the first gallery no matter which gallery you are in when you upload.

Resolve this! I for one am really interested in seeing your indoor river!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Thx for the heads up !!

I now encased them in Osmium while providing the light with Tritium, that will teach them a lesson !
edit on 3-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: This message was sabotaged by unknown entities

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Re-scaling is the answer !!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow!
That is an amazing set up.

I'm envious!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Do you have any crayfish in there? If not you might...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Tnx !

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yeah!! It's on my list : )

I had a red shore crab for a while, he was fun !!

The problem with crayfish is that they are real escape artists. Although I did the overhang design and interior in a way to prevent that. It will be a challenge! I had them in aquaria before and found them afterwards in the strangest places in my house : )

Al-sough they like to redecorate themselves.. so i wait a little more to get the plants and roots established... before i invite some of those demolishion architects ; )
edit on 3-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: This message was sabotaged by unknown entities

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

very nice!

I am a lizard and a bug guy myself, but i have been thinking about getting a few axolotl salamanders at some point.

thanks for the vidandpics!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They look like magic beans to me - I'd suggest planting them.

I did, however, find this picture of water snail eggs - do they look similar, do you think?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join