It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give me a list of Obama's sucesses that come to mind-No Googling

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I said in the thread the things I remembered, no one else seems to be up for the challenge either. My opinion is Obama dithered almost the entire 8 years away trying to learn on the job.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Are you telling me that he "cut" spending? Or would the truth be that tax revenues went up?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Then you are willfully ignoring what he has done.
Why is that?.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I put all the things that I could recall on the thread. There have been about 4 actual things that Obama did that I can add. For a grand total of about 8 things.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I said in the thread the things I remembered, no one else seems to be up for the challenge either.

What do you mean "no one else seems to be up to the challenge"? There have been lots of poster listing Obama's accomplishments in office.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Right, and the things they listed were either already on my list or a fallacy.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
in Eight years folks seem to think the president was doing nothing but working at a desk.

1. 1000+ hours of golf.
2. several hundred shooting hoops.
3. Movies, he sees them all privately at two hours each, tv shows too.
4. Vacations costing millions of dollars and taking up weeks.
5. Campaign stops for people running for office all over country.
6 Fund raising for the DNC.
7. Chatting with Jayz, oprah and and the gang.
8. Meeting with sports teams both pro and amateur.
9. Traveling time.
10 Spending time adoring his wonderful wife and kids with personal dinners and helping with homework and school projects.
11. Appearing TV shows like the very important "Between Two Ferns" and of course "Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee."

I can go on and on. Were he to have personally done anything at all besides being a face for xy and z would be impossible. Accounting for 8 hours sleep he is either two people, which is possible, or he is nothing more then a face.

Stop giving him credit for anything at all, he never came to a persons house, helped with anything, his a figure head, an empty suit, a stand in and the sooner people see this, the sooner they can be liberated from the idea that Obama killed bin laden. This isn't true at any level at all, let alone the one people wish it to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It's been on my mind lately...
He was awarded the Nobel prize for peace...

I think the people awarding him that should ask for it back...

Do you think he will give it back any easier than he is contesting Trump's election win?

He's been really unpleasant to watch on the telly...
and I gave him the chance to win my favor?

Redacted.

ETA;
It's my bedtime. HGN.
edit on (1/3/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Your list? You mean from the OP?

I understand that you want to take the ACA away from him. And that you reject the terrible economic crisis that he inherited, that made John McCain suspend his campaign to go scratch his head, and that Obama successfully navigated.

Where's the fact that he oversaw the Dodd-Frank Act, rescued millions from student loan mire, overturned the ban on stem cell research, championed equal marriage rights and fought for anti-discrimination laws to protect the LGBTQ community?

The Farm Bill and the Healthy Food initiative is helping millions of people, that was Mrs Obama's signature pet project, has benefited millions of people!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Obama got a crap sandwich with no bread when he hit the ground in '08. But he basically doubled down on putting off the inevitable, a reset or a shift in our debt based econ.

Well success is such a difficult word to master.

The trans bill is on hold in court in Texas pesky civil rights and all.

Equal marriage right supreme court.

Farm bill is every presidents responsibility.

Kids hate the school lunches.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Not his fault you have not looked at his achievements is it?.
So you can remember 8 things he did over 300...If you can not recognise his achievements thats on you not Obama.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Still waiting on the most people hate Obama care evidence because they don't.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'd say that he reduced the unemployment numbers from its highs in 08 to like 4 or 5% (I didn't verify because I'm not allowed to Google) though people tend to disbelieve that statistic.

Dont have to disbelieve. Official statements show those numbers do not take into effect folks that have dropped out of the work force.The ones that couldnt find employment....
You knew that though , right ? You researched the subject and didnt just post because " Obama said so"

edit on 1/3/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Can you recall more than 8 positive things any president over the last 3-4 decades has done?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Why do people keep giving Obama credit for "taking out" Bin Laden?

Obama had nothing to do with it. IF it even happened the way the official story says, and that's a big if.

The intelligence communities located Bin Laden and the SEAL team went and did the work while Obama sat in an air conditioned room in the White House watching it on TV eating popcorn.

Because he's the commander in chief.

Shouldnt that read , Conniver in Chief ?
Why did he call Bush before giving the "green light" ? Permission ? And then wait 48 hrs(?) or longer before giving the "go signal" when the window of opportunity was unknown per the Pakastanis .

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Kids hate the school lunches.

Just stop with your petulant ignorance! School lunch menus are decided locally, not by the White House!

Well success is such a difficult word to master.

Success is seeing a goal through to accomplishment. Done and done! If Trump comes in and undoes what Obama has successfully done through legislation or executive order, then that's on Trump, not Obama.

edit on 3-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes like championing this and moving forward on that.

When you are concerned about 3-5% of the population, you neglect the other 97-95%.
And this is what happened, instead of being in the US workers corner, he was pushing for things that made little difference when people are forced to work 2-3 jobs. Trump seems to be taking a different approach.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Who are you talking to?
edit on 3-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is this not subjective?

One persons sucess in politcs is a nothers failure?

I mean there are some NeoCons that think Bush Reign was a sucess....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Again you are avoiding facts. They are out there. The fact is over one trillion dollars deficit was made up while in office. You continue try to spin and pivot.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join