It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give me a list of Obama's sucesses that come to mind-No Googling

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He hasn't beenthe epic failure some paint him to be. He clearly has not been effective.
1. Taking out Bin Laden
2. Allowing banks to give loans to Marijuana Dispensaries
3. Gay Marriage
4. Body Cameras
5. Reformation of the Prison Industrial Complex

Of that list, only Bin Laden can even be arguably attributed to him. Obama happened to be in office when the intelligence from a result of a very lengthy war was made available. It's really no one's award. It's as much Dick Cheney's accomplishment as it is Obama's... so not really something I'd hang my hat on. the other stuff? Why don't you add a successful Mars Rover landing? Geesh. He had nothing to do with any of that stuff. How about

1. More people working part time that would like to be working full time than at any other point in history
2. More people on food stamps than in any other point in history
3. Weed is still a sched 1
4. ACA is basically a limp dog waiting to die.
5. How many free trade agreements now? Because technology might make those blue color jobs irrelevant eventually, but let's go ahead and sell them to the lowest bidder now because... see #'s 1 and 2.
6. Has gone out of his way to further divide the country on matters of race based on nothing but pure speculation. By that, I mean he did not wait for his own justice department to conclude it's investigations before making divisive comments.
7. Drone strike citizens, release Gitmo detainees! Oh, Gitmo is still a thing.

Even some of these things are arguably not completely on the fault of the pres. I mean, let's not even forget that sequester nonsense where the GOP was made to look so terrible, then once they conceded Obama basically did all the things they wanted and pretended it was his idea all along lol. That's basically how that worked, by the way... in case anyone was paying attention. He's hardly been an effective leader. He's been an international apologist for his own policies, which makes him a coward in my book. I'd put him at about the same level as the Bush's. Barely competent. Didn't do "too much" damage, but didn't really accomplish anything either

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

You can only post the proof. What I do with it once posted is my business, but assuming my actions handling the evidence as a reason not to supply it doesn't lend credibility to your ideas. I'm guessing that I hit the nail on the head with my guesses to what those videos contained since you are getting so outraged about me asking for paperwork (and ACTUAL damning evidence instead of just videos fueled by your biases).

However, the accusations that you are leveling require a certain standard of evidence that you clearly haven't provided. It may be good enough for you, but any competent investigator would just dismiss this immediately.

It's funny how you've made up excuses on why you cannot meet this standard of evidence (while continuing to believe this lunacy). Certainly says a lot about your ingrained biases.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Thats a no then.....

It's a "im not going to waste my time".....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No it's a no you know it I know it don't attempt to wriggle out of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can only post the proof. What I do with it once posted is my business, but assuming my actions handling the evidence as a reason not to supply it doesn't lend credibility to your ideas. I'm guessing that I hit the nail on the head with my guesses to what those videos contained since you are getting so outraged about me asking for paperwork (and ACTUAL damning evidence instead of just videos fueled by your biases).

However, the accusations that you are leveling require a certain standard of evidence that you clearly haven't provided. It may be good enough for you, but any competent investigator would just dismiss this immediately.

It's funny how you've made up excuses on why you cannot meet this standard of evidence (while continuing to believe this lunacy). Certainly says a lot about your ingrained biases.

My point will be proved in time....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

For all the little things that the right blames Obama for, I think its fair to give him credit for the little things that went good in his Presidency too. Of course, I'm not by any means claiming that Obama was a perfect President or that he was without faults, so I'm not sure where your indignation towards me is coming from (especially considering the one line post you typed this giant wall of text out in response to).

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Suuuure it will.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Cold wiz said

But as with some minorities who work harder then some of their coworkers just to be acknowledged and or recognized as equal employees, his accomplishments are seen but not acknowledged..

That was what I was responding to.

The voters should vote for the best person, not becasue it was time for this guy or that gal to "get in". If I understood what you said.

people felt the Country changed from days when a half & half man would not of made it close to where he did with the attitudes back then.

He was voted for by the COLOR BLIND because he was seen competent & qualified to do the job. Those who seen color voted because of his skin and felt a hand out was coming of some sort. And those who didn't vote for him even if they felt he was qualified seen a Colored man which psychologically scared them. Opening a psychological void for anyone who related, regardless of qualifications to fill...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Im keen to hear your explanation on how these jihadi groups ended up with all this western made equipment?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Don't forget that Obama promised to "do something" about NAFTA. He must have been working so hard he never got around to that little thing.

Oh, Trump isn't in the WH yet and Canada and Mexico want to talk. Gosh that must hurt the Obama-maniacs.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I always say this. Look at the last 8-10 Presidents and compare Obama...He comes out as a little better than average.

Nixon...Ford...Carter...Bush Sr. All really bad presidents. Bush Jr. Bad President. JFK Good president. Reagan...there are issues like him selling weapons to Iran that you guys would have roasted Obama for, but over all not a bad president. Clinton...that's a tough call but I think he was fairly good. So, being honest even if you don't agree with all of my assessments, of those 9, Obama is not the worse, not even close. His in the middle probably top 3 or 4.

How should he be judged? World standing. We're better off globally with him than the previous 8 years...don't listen to talk radio but actually go to other countries news websites and see what other countries say about us. That's a good way to see it. Economy. Despite what the idiots on talk radio may tell you our economy is pretty good. I base that on personal experience not some weird propaganda.

A couple of things to consider. Race relations aren't worse than ever...it's that we have social media now and every time there is a police shooting or crime it's in our face on facebook. 8 years ago we didn't have that kind of immediacy.

What do I wish? That Obama would have hashed out healthcare better and not left it so lacking, but obamacare did save my wifes life so I'm calling it a win. That's personal experience. Either she would be dead or we would be in a the midst of a catastrophic financial crisis with her health care costs. I thank obama for saving her life yet I do see the problems and it has to get better.

Transparancy and NSA spying on us. Wistleblower protections. the Environment...he didn't go nearly far enough.

But in summary... not to bad at least when compared to every other president out there. Our country is in pretty good shape...the real problems are not something he or Bush or Trump had or have any intention of fixing.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No its a im not going to waste my time, The guy didnt even bother to look at the evidence i provided after asking for it, Why would i provide more??

What i have claimed is admitted by jihadis in many videos, It is all well documented all over the web, And is common knowledge all over the world, Putin shed light on it in front of the whole world last year, Later on he showed video proof of isis oil convoys going in and out of a NATO country that would not have been happening without the west knowing about it and approving, There have been american politicians trying to get laws enacted to stop the flow of arms, There is pictures all over the web of american pilots holding placards saying they refuse to be ISIS airforce because they've been made to do bombing runs that help the jihadis.

The proof is everywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It isn't on MSM. So does it exist?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: testingtesting

Looks like someone used google. And hit the button many many times.

But somehow forgot to include the punch-line.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

The punch line is people ignore what he has done for purely stupid reasons.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Give me a list off the top of your head. The point is he has done very little worth remembering.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The beer sumit

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Whats the point in that? The facts are he has done a lot just because you can't remember what he has done proves only one thing you have not been paying attention.
Nice try at an attempted circle jerk of hate for Obama...didn't work out did it.
edit on 3-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

This is the type of stuff that exactly tells the story of haters and fake news consumers.

If you review exactly what happened with our debt and our deficit it tells the story. Obama was able to assume the tax cuts left by W. Given the shortfall of taxes in 2008 and 2009 our deficit and debt expanded dramatically.

Since that period forward, Obama has worked and been very successful in reducing our budget deficit (By over $1 Trillion DOCUMENTED dollars).

But you haters will continue to have conspiracy theory politics. You grasp onto one fact that doesn't tell the whole story and then spread hate. Your fact that you hold onto here is how much our debt has increased while he has been in office. You haven't bothered to break down the numbers that actually contribute to the debt and deficit.

It's like saying there was squibbs of smoke coming from the WTC and they collapsed at near free fall speeds and then saying they were a controlled demolition. You take two facts and then give a THEREFORE and then present an opinion that is pure bollocks.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Lets look at some of the silly things you had here.

1. More people working part time that would like to be working full time than at any other point in history

I love this one. This is that metric that is complete bull. Lets ask this question.. Is the economy better now than when he took office? Answer that honestly. Also, is the DJIA close to its highest ever? Where was it when he took office?
You all want to make up a new metric and then blame Obama for it. Fact of the matter is, we are still governed by big business and this isn't going to get better under Trump's Oligarchy. You think this is bad now, just give these people who just care about corporate profits a few years and see where we are.

2. More people on food stamps than in any other point in history
False, and another faux news headline. In fact... www.businessinsider.com...

3. Weed is still a sched 1
Yet is is legal in more states than ever. Hmmm.. And THIS measures the effectiveness of a president if you can smoke weed? Okay that explains a lot!

4. ACA is basically a limp dog waiting to die.
Because of?!?! Rhetoric? Fake claims?! I love the letters people posted online that showed the worst case scenario people would get before they went to shop at the exchange. Funny how when people received the updated rates they didn't go up that high. The fact of the matter is, health care costs continue to rise and this isn't all due to Obamacare. Our health care system is so broken that no one president is ever going to fix. To truly fix this will take some time. In the meantime, go look at how well insurance and big pharma stocks have done since your pres-elect has taken office. That should tell you if this is going to get better or worse.

5. How many free trade agreements now? Because technology might make those blue color jobs irrelevant eventually, but let's go ahead and sell them to the lowest bidder now because... see #'s 1 and 2.
I actually agree with this

6. Has gone out of his way to further divide the country on matters of race based on nothing but pure speculation. By that, I mean he did not wait for his own justice department to conclude it's investigations before making divisive comments.
He has? Or has white america become snowflakes and then call everyone else snowflakes? You see things through different eyes than I, but I'm guessing it's that weed you are smoking. If you think there are not race crimes here your head is in the sand. Many of our mass shootings are this exact issue, but people don't jump on this wagon like they do someone who read a ISIS board.

edit on 3-1-2017 by mzinga because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join