It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give me a list of Obama's sucesses that come to mind-No Googling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I am disappointed in the very few actual successes Obama has had.

It's almost like he was very unsuccessful and had little to no tangible and solid successes.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good list.

I think the economy is good because we have yet to pay the piper when the credit card bill comes. The can has been kicked down the road by Obama.

Osama is a good thing.

MJ is a good thing.

Gay marriage is a good thing, but is that a state issue?

Unemployment is a mess and getting a true number is impossible.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think they are looking at labor participation, those who quit looking. This makes the unemployment numbers look good, but people have just dropped out, somehow.

Not true. U6 (what you are talking about) has also dropped from something like a high of 10% to around 6 or 7. I wouldn't argue that the jobs created are the cream of the crop or anything, but unemployment (all qualifying stats on it) is down.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you can possibly describe the last 8 years of the economy "good" I can't wait to hear what you'll call the next 8 years.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Did you just ignore this list?.

washingtonmonthly.com...

Better then Bush for sure.
edit on 3-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The last report put it at 9.3%.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
if someone was to play obama in a movie it would be obama, he is a great actor.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The last report put it at 9.3%.

Yeah. You're right. Just trying to follow the rules of the thread and not use Google, but checking it now with Google it was at a high of 17%~ and is now around 9%~. In any case, my point that its been trending down too is really what I was trying to get across, which is still true. Not the actual numbers.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
He made it into the White House and can use the executive bathrooms.

That is an accomplishment.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I know this is a sticking point for a lot of people because they don't like it defining his Presidency, but by far one of the biggest accomplishments Obama achieved was being the first black President elected (or half-black if you are a stickler for these things). It may not mean much as far as policy is concerned, but that accomplishment shouldn't ever be denied him either.

PS: It's interesting that it is now page 3 and no one brought this up before when it is one of the most obvious accomplishments he had.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Why do people keep giving Obama credit for "taking out" Bin Laden?

Obama had nothing to do with it. IF it even happened the way the official story says, and that's a big if.

The intelligence communities located Bin Laden and the SEAL team went and did the work while Obama sat in an air conditioned room in the White House watching it on TV eating popcorn.

We've had the capability and the know-how to take out Bin Laden since Bill Clinton's administration.

Both Clinton & Bush Jr. had the green light from the intelligence agencies to take out Bin Laden on multiple occasions leading up to 9/11.

Both Clinton & Bush Jr. neglected to act due to 'collateral damage' control. Which, IMHO, is a bunch of Globalist BS. Our CIA did their job, they found Bin Laden. Six days prior to 9/11 Bush Jr. was briefed by the CIA. They told him without question that Bin Laden was planning something big on American soil, possibly involving the use of aircraft. They (the CIA) had also pin-pointed his location in Afghanistan six days before 9/11.

But no... We had to wait until after 9/11 to justify making any kind of strike against Bin Laden.

Now I am no fan of Obama. But when he was elected his first order of action given to the CIA was to find and take out Bin Laden.

What happened after that is history. And I'm not saying Obama is a hero for it, the heroism deservingly goes to the Seal team that took out Bin Laden. And if anything, Obama & HRC paved the way for instability in the middle east.

Thank that God I don't believe in that we didn't elect HRC.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

On taking out Bin Laden: IF it was like presented in the media, it was an illegal military action in Pakistan.

On Gay Marriage: this was the supreme court's decision. Nothing to do with Obama.

All in all i would have voted for Obama in the first term. He was definetly better than Bush, and better than Hillary. But all in all i am disappointed after 8 years.

Promises he made was closing gitmo, end the wars in the middle east, bring the Bush gov to court over War crimes and 'the most transparent Government'.

Gitmo is still there, there are more wars and instability in the middle east, none of the Bush gov crimes have been brought to court and Manning, Snowden and Assange are the ones in prison and hiding from the 'most transparent gov'.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Without google...

Division.

Trump's election to the Presidency.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Gay Marriage was settled by the Supreme Court, yes. But Obama will take credit for it.

That is what I meant.

disclaimer: I am gay. And I neither support nor am I against the Supreme Court ruling. I believe in equal rights for all citizens yada yada yada... But there's a good chance that Supreme Court ruling will come back to bite us in the ass because we didn't leave it up to the states.

Still, it's one of the few good things to come from the past 8 years.

edit on 1/3/2017 by ColdWisdom because: the russians made me gay

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He helped create more part time and minimum wage jobs than anybody else ever has.

He also helped create 10 million more food stamp recipients.

The Obama.Care price and deductible increases will help create more bankruptcies.

His Cabinet level Administration helped prove Hillary Clinton told dozens of high impact lies.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think it is a good thing people think of him as POTUS. I don't consider people race when I think of accomplishments. Although being first and of a certain ethnicity, to some, gets their heart to go pitter pat.

For me, I see the person, not the race.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I actually wish he had done a few more things.

Gotten gay marriage legalized on a federal level.
Actually save me $2.5k on my insurance.

Other than that I felt he was kind of a flop.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bingo, that is not a positive for anyone but the Democrat corp business partners who can skirt benefits.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh yea I almost forgot.

By being the first (half) black president, he singlehandedly demonstrated the ineffectiveness, the lack of causal efficacy, and the irrelevancy of a person's race, creed, or color as POTUS.

How did he do this?

By dividing the nation and perpetuating racism. Fortunately, 8% of the black voting constituents got the memo and hopped on the Trump train.

CHOO! CHOO!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I understand what you mean, but you can't sit there and say that being elected as a President as a black person (or semi-black) doesn't require overcoming hardships that many white candidates would never have to face. Let's look at JFK for an example. I will be quick to tell you that one of the things he accomplished is that he was the first non-Protestant President we had. Now in today's post-religious atmosphere that may not be much of anything, but back in Kennedy's time being a Catholic was a BIG deal to many Americans (there were ludicrous claims like that JFK would usher in a Catholic theocracy for the Pope for instance). But now we can look back on the other side of history and see that he opened the doors for future candidates with different religious beliefs not being immediately dismissed based on their beliefs alone (I refuse to believe that Trump is a Christian of any sort for instance).

I feel that Obama accomplished much the same thing with being the first black President. It will be easier (at at least sit easier with the majority of the American public) if a non-white person ran for the Presidency in the future since he already broke that water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join