It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give me a list of Obama's sucesses that come to mind-No Googling

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You see this as bad, I see this as an advantage. He is not part of the political machine.

I see that as hypocritical considering what you just said about Obama.

Of course it is, 100%. Just like the whole 'draining the swamp' narrative. Once he started employing bankers and oil execs, the dialogue changed to "Well duh obviously he's going to appoint successful businessmen!!11"

The narrative changes as required. Hypocrisy at every turn. "Dems lining their pockets" becomes "he's only exploiting tax loopholes that represent the problems with the system; I'd do the same, good for him"

It's actually bordering on comedy now.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Well, did Obama run a huge business empire world wide? Or was he not properly vetted and took the country by storm with hope and change?

If you can't see that there would be an advantage to having Trump use his experience to help clean up the Govt, then you will have to let time and Trump change your mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Well, did Obama run a huge business empire world wide? Or was he not properly vetted and took the country by storm with hope and change?

Running a huge business empire world wide isn't politics.

If you can't see that there would be an advantage to having Trump use his experience to help clean up the Govt, then you will have to let time and Trump change your mind.

Government != business. I know conservatives think it can be ran like one but it just isn't true. Business cares about profits and the bottom line to create efficiency. There is no profit in the government. It doesn't produce wealth to generate profit. So no. I don't see how someone who spent their whole life in business and not a single day in politics would help us.

Like I said. All I see you is being hypocritical about your dissatisfaction with Obama while not extending the same analysis towards Trump. Instead you spew hopeful excuses that read JUST like an Obama-nut spewing Hope and Change rhetoric.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Running a business empire is going to fold into this very nicely. And I'm no conservative.
What I have seen is politicians totally mess up thing over the last 30+ years. So should we still let the same idiots come in and give tax payer money away to private institutions like water? HRC was going to be 4 more years of Obama, and as you can see from the posts there is very little to remember about this last 8 years.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Justify it anyway you want. All I see from you is you saying "Obama was inexperienced and that means he sucks!" then saying "Trump is inexperienced but that means he's awesome!"

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Justify it anyway you want. All I see from you is you saying "Obama was inexperienced and that means he sucks!" then saying "Trump is inexperienced but that means he's awesome!"

I'd have to agree with this here. Obama was a lot of things, but inexperienced was something he was not. In over his head, maybe. To say inexperience for one is bad, but good for another, is naive at best, hypocritical at worst. His biggest failings were his apathy and lame duck, half assed responses to everything once the banks, wall street, and GM got their bailouts. Then he spent the rest of his presidency...golfing, of all things. An activity stereotypically associated with old rich white Republicans. Go figure.

The idea that we need s businessman to run this country instead of politicians is completely laughable, when you consider the fact wealthy businessmen make up a huge chunk of congress. Congress is full of millionaires, and many of them were business owners of some sort before they went full time into politics. Business has been running this country in a silent partnership with the politicians, who are often one and the same, and they have run it into the ground. The are the co pilots of this crashing plane.

Running a country is nothing like running a business, nor should it be, unless your goal is to run the country into the ground. His inexperience, coupled with his poor temperament and stated plans, tell me he is not only in over his head, but dangerously so for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If you can't see that our governmental failings are all due to corporations and not individuals I question your judgement. We have went from corporate lobbies and interests pulling the politician and just removed that layer.

Post Trump will be a boon for corporate america, trickle more government for profits where it shouldn't be, and the common man will get screwed even further.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Obama has been very successful at being corrupt. And no googling? well ironically he help google out a lot with avoiding tax worldwide and stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thejames

Source?

As discussed in this thread it is actually quite the opposite. Refer back to preventing inversions.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

here

googletransparencyproject.org...

theintercept.com...

www.wsj.com...

www.forbes.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.breitbart.com...

https://__._/google-is-not-what-it-seems/ (wikileaks)

www.theguardian.com...

google top boss part of oabamas and hilarys team

qz.com...

edit on 6-1-2017 by thejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thejames

I am just glad that Barack and Michelle are out of the White House. It seemed like he dithered and when he had the opertunity to do the right thing, well he didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join