It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give me a list of Obama's sucesses that come to mind-No Googling

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here's a few...... I'm sure I missed a few good ones but, here goes...

- Bin Laden DEAD
- Unemployment DOWN
- Jobs UP (about 200k jobs a month)
- Gay Marriage LEGAL
- Don't Ask Don't Tell GONE
- LGBT rights
- Stocks UP (Almost triple)
- New Combat Roles for women further fortifying our military options
- Integration of 20 million people or so into the insurance market
- Programs to reduce your student loan payments (now based on your current income)
- Major discoveries in science/Mars/etc.
- Decriminalizing Medical / Recreational Marijuana (paving the way for a MAJOR uptick in our future economy)
- Equal pay for women
- Police bodycams
- Stopping the Dakota Access Pipeline (for now)
- Secured billions of dollars for infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc.)
- Protected thousands of acres of sacred/cherished land by declaring multiple national parks to preserve for future generations
- Deported more illegal immigrants than ANY other US President
- Caught a fly ...mid sentence...mid interview.....like a ninja
- Sang Al Greene like a true boss

Are there things that he screwed up........of course. But, this whole narrative that he was the worst President ever is just sad.

Can't wait to to try this again with the new guy in 4 years.........hmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm pointing out a fact, but take it as you will. But opening a discussion and replying "no" to every response because you have strongly preconceived notions of how things "should" be does not make a discussion, nor a debate.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
He was a total failure as a president with zero positive, He's been doing the rounds as of late saying otherwise but facts and figures speak for themselves, history will not be kind to him.

fyi this comment makes you and those who starred it just look like childish trolls. You don't have to like him, but to claim that he achieved zero positives is inaccurate, ignorant, and makes you look like you know absolutely nothing about politics.

Let's keep fanboy playground comments to one side for once eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Your list, off the top of your head please.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
genetic fallacy

You judged something as either good or bad on the basis of where it comes from, or from whom it came.
This fallacy avoids the argument by shifting focus onto something's or someone's origins. It's similar to an ad hominem fallacy in that it leverages existing negative perceptions to make someone's argument look bad, without actually presenting a case for why the argument itself lacks merit.

Example: Accused on the 6 o'clock news of corruption and taking bribes, the senator said that we should all be very wary of the things we hear in the media, because we all know how very unreliable the media can be.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Speedtek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
PS: It's interesting that it is now page 3 and no one brought this up before when it is one of the most obvious accomplishments he had.

Not interesting at all.
We are talking about what he achieved in office not what skin color he was born with.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Maybe not a success as a President but as a person; Dude swam in the Corexit water after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. All unrelated stupid jokes aside he didn't end up with neurological damage or cancer. I think that counts as a success.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I live in Australia and you Americans don't know what medical cover is.
We are much like Canada,and if you think it is just because we have a small population,not so.
France's health care is even better than ours.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Your list, off the top of your head please.

The post at the top of this page summarises it better than I could have. Perhaps address that one.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Being objective is a trait that you and I share. Many here are tied to a D or an R.

I am not in either of the clubs, it is high time the politicians start to work for us.

Being objective won't win you friends, and for the most parts, a lot of people will apply labels to you that have nothing to do with you.

Embrace it. Being the enemy of the right and left is a badge of honor as far as I see it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

When Obama had to apologize to Merkel because we got caught hacking her phone.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
I can't think of a damn thing off the top of my head. I can't find a damn thing when I do Google.

Then you don't know how to use Google. Honestly, what's the point of just posting ignorant trolling? Presumably just to rile people up? What on earth for?

I can't stand Trump, I think he's an awful human being, but I can happily acknowledge that some of his intended actions could be greatly beneficial, and I'll willingly applaud him for the things he achieves as/when they become relevant.

Just boxing yourself in as "Republican" or "Democrat" then making childish comments against anything that doesn't exactly fit your narrative puts you in the same position as kids insulting each other's moms in Call of Duty.

How about we all grow up a bit. Ok, you don't like or support Obama - and that is your absolute right. But if you genuinely think you can state he's achieved nothing positive, then you have no clue whatsoever about politics or the economy.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

The point of this thread is to see what people, average people remember. NO google no msm, just off the top of your head.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The point of this thread is to see what people, average people remember. NO google no msm, just off the top of your head.

I have a harder time remembering anything good that Clinton did as president. Not that there aren't successes from the Clinton years, but off the top of my head, I really can't think of any. I would have to Google for that. i could give you a few successes and good things Bush did, even though I think the guy was an idiot overall. But Bill Clinton, I will draw a complete blank.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That was the point, Obama was elected to change things. And boy did he ever.

Is Trump going to do things to shape the country in what he thinks it should be? I hope so, I'm part of the knuckle draggers the left doesn't understand.
I think that there is an inherent flaw in the bail outs, I think people should have been imprisoned for the parts they played that is eventually going to lead to a world wide conflict.
I also find it hard to believe that Obama didn't know that making statements like the police acted stupidly wasn't race baiting. I think it is a concerted effort to make sure the US population is divided, and at each others throats.

From my perspective Obama was ill prepared for the presidency and is and was in over his head.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
PS: It's interesting that it is now page 3 and no one brought this up before when it is one of the most obvious accomplishments he had.

Not interesting at all.
We are talking about what he achieved in office not what skin color he was born with.

This is the title of the thread:
"Can you give me a list of Obama's sucesses that come to mind-No Googling"

What you said is adding on to that, and being elected the first black President is a success whether you want to admit it or not. The same way we honor people like Jackie Robinson for being the first black Major League Baseball player. Jackie Robinson ALSO had an amazing career so it's not like that particular success needs to overshadow or even be the only one, but it is definitely something. Well same for Obama. He can have OTHER successes too.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tohard69

The profits gotta keep flowing like water, or else the shareholders get upset. My question is, is health care a good profit center.
I feel the same way about prisons, no one should make profit off jailing and jail labor.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

From my perspective Obama was ill prepared for the presidency and is and was in over his head.

If you think this is true about Obama, boy is it EVER true about Trump. Der Trumpet didn't even know that he had to restaff the White House. It took Obama patiently sitting with him for a few extra hours longer than he had to to explain to him how a Presidential transition works.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You see this as bad, I see this as an advantage. He is not part of the political machine.

He is literally scaring the real owners of all this.
Soros is crapping the bed, there is no way Trump was supposed to win this. The left bet everything on the HRC train. They poured money into that bottomless pit and still lost. They had the weaponized media on their side putting every little trick they could think of, and still lost.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You see this as bad, I see this as an advantage. He is not part of the political machine.

I see that as hypocritical considering what you just said about Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join