It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Motor Company Cancels $1.6 Billion Mexico Plant - Press Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're going to see the Democrats do one of 2 things...
They'll do whatever they can to block Trump and make him look bad, or
They'll finally realize their idea haven't/won't work and jump on the bandwagon before they get ran over by it. They had 8 fu**ing YEARS to get this place in shape and all they did was lose jobs and increase welfare and foodstamps.
They seem to be proud of that for some reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

NAFTA was not just a Democrat initiative, it was loved by both parties.

If both sides are on board with addressing some systemic trade issues I have no problem with that.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

NAFTA was not just a Democrat initiative, it was loved by both parties.

If both sides are on board with addressing some systemic trade issues I have no problem with that.

True is was an abortion waiting to happen by both sides of the fence.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Give Trump credit where its do!
It may or may not have something to do with Trump but if it does, good, he should be given credit.

I’m an ex auto worker, GM/UAW guy, and was bitten by the auto industry and its NAFTA bite.

I always said, despite being an anti-Trumper, that one should always give credit to someone where its do even when you are opposed to them.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

They should make sure their cars work properly first. I haven't met many Fords I enjoyed driving or riding in. My buddy's Fusion has been falling apart on him since the day he bought it (no joke either).

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

yea many of their cars suck. Their Truck line is solid though, and very well designed to work on at home easier. If you treat the Mustang nice though, it will return the favor.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'll have to take your word on it. I'm not much of a truck driver (I like small cars for their maneuverability). Also it doesn't help that my buddy went from having a Chevy Cruise to that Ford Fusion and the Cruise treated him MUCH better. Too bad he wrecked it. I told him he was dumb for not getting another Cruise at the time. Now another friend has one and rubs it in his face all the time. Lol.

I never used to pay attention to the Chevy v Ford arguments, but watching the comparison between those two cars and my friend owning them certainly started to ingrain some biases there.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Bringing auto industry back to Detroit, jobs for Muslims!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Have you been to Detroit lately?

People are flooding into the downtown and mid-town areas from all of the USA. A condo that went for 60k in Mid-town is now untouchable for less than $275k, some in the $750k range in less than 3 years.

Old housing and commercial buildings are getting bull-dosed and the property that remains is creeping up in value. Property that couldn't be given away within a 1 square mile radius of downtown, is almost untouchable for the average person now price wise. Average houses that went for back taxes are now in the $250k range and rising fast.

Most of this was due to Dan Gilbert and the Illiches mainly

No, I have not so maybe my image of what is there is no longer accurate but when I was there in 2010-2011, it was not a place to be. If i had business in Detroit, I would get in and out as quickly as I could.
There was a large uptick in the number of Muslim and possibly Somali neighborhoods then and also rows of abandoned houses and buildings over by the 96 coming in from the west. It was not feeling like it had a vibe of any sort when i was there with exception of some auto shows i attended which seemed subdued as well.

I am happy to hear that you see otherwise and good for Detroit, if they can recover, the nation should be able to take that as a positive inspiration to buck the status quo and think outside the political party boxes... to gain better perspective on how to take the country back to better days.

edit on 3-1-2017 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
If they are American, why would that be a problem??? Im certain non-Muslims will still hold the majority of positions available.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: oworldstarcountry
a reply to: Butterfinger
If they are American, why would that be a problem??? Im certain non-Muslims will still hold the majority of positions available.

I brought this up at the beginning of the thread and I am not averse to any nationality of American being employed.
I did want to point it out to be sure that it was not an underhanded way of creating a haven for an immigrant populace to take a stronger foothold in our country, especially if the people do not even like our country or the US way of life as I have seen mentioned over the years, I do not know what Butterfinger's issues may be but I am the one who brought up any connection to a jobs for Muslims possibility so i figured I should answer for my part of this discussion.

In general, I do not have a problem with Muslim people as part of our society, workforce and nation as a whole. I do not know if they (the immigrant populace) will displace enough American born and raised citizen's job or not but I think people should be cautious as politics are being used to shape a corporation.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

True is was an abortion waiting to happen by both sides of the fence.

Well, it looks like there is a legitimate opportunity to correct its shortcomings.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So Ford announce they are sticking with Made in America under Obama's administration and somehow Trump get's the credit..HA

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The 'America First' attitude is one of the things I really love about Trump.

All I wanted in a leader is someone who finally 'gets it' and actually tries to make our country better. It is much better than the last guy who only wanted to tear America down and submit to the U.N. and Globalists.

Trump isn't perfect, but so far so good.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: carewemust
...after President Donald Trump's incentives are put in place.

What incentives are you referring to?

I maybe cannot speak for what he had in mind when he wrote that, but how about...

1) a 15% Tax Rate
2) a 10% Tax Rate on repatriated cash
3) dramatic reductions in federal Regulations
4) un-demonizing the production and use of fossil fuels...thereby providing a little more time to develop competitive electric (and other?) technologies for use in transportation.
5) not having to pay a 35% Import Tax on foreign made cars and trucks

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The other poster made it sound like there were already determined incentives that would be implemented.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Never said it was a problem, just that they are the majority of the population in the detroit area. I assume they should be thankful for new jobs

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So Ford announce they are sticking with Made in America under Obama's administration and somehow Trump get's the credit..HA

Maybe you missed my OP and its content.

Under Obama Ford had planned a 2 billion dollar plant in Mexico, however with the advent of Trump's attitude, and speech here in Detroit on plant's being built outside the USA, they had a change of mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Maybe you missed my OP and its content.

Under Obama Ford had planned a 2 billion dollar plant in Mexico, however with the advent of Trump's attitude, and speech here in Detroit on plant's being built outside the USA, they had a change of mind.

They planned a 2 billion dollar plant in Mexico so they could compete with the other car manufacturers around the globe....So what promises made them change their minds?...Follow the money.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If they want that "Tough American Truck" image,, they can By God actually make them here and give the jobs to Americans. I think Ford saw the hammer coming and made a smart business move. After this election, Americans are looking ever closer at who is moving out and taking the jobs with them. IF Trump had anything to do with this and it looks like his heavy import tax for companies that move out may have had some influence, I say Go Trump.
Get Our Jobs Back.

Your thinking of Chevy and Dodge trucks. Our trucks are made in USA, always has been. Also, we ratified a contract with Ford on Nov 20th 2015 to add 8500 more American jobs. The jobs were coming back, Trump or no Trump. If you want to thank someone and give then credit, thanks a Union.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join