It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a ghost ever killed anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We fear what we don't understand.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Has a ghost ever killed or injured anyone? If not then why are people so afriad of Ghosts? If they cant harm us then whats the point of being frightened?

Well, let's take a look at the meaning of the word "ghost." A ghost is a resudual, a "shadow" if you will. Typically a ghost is not a spirit at unrest as most popular thought might dictate. Instead, it's a residual of energy from an event that may have occurred at a particular location. While a ghost may look and act like a real person, it is not. It's just a shadow, much like you'd see on a computer monitor after having the same image on screen for a good deal of time.

A ghost is different from a spirit at unrest. A spirit of this type is actually the spirit or soul of a living person that has not been able to find whatever peace comes beyond death for some reason. Sometimes it's unfinished business - like saying goodbye to someone. Sometimes it's anguish over how the person died, or the circumstances surrounding a suicide. Sometimes a person's spirit is not able to move on because of some remaining tie to this world. Spirits of this nature can interact with living people, and often the physical enviornment. I suppose in this regard, it would be possible for a spirit to kill a human, though I'm not familliar with any incidents like this ever happening.

Beyond that, you have non-corporeal entities, which have never existed in mortal form (or at least not as living humans). Entities such as these have varying degrees of ability to interact with our physical world. Some can barely manifest themselves. Others can interact well with the world, and cause the "bumps in the night" that are popular in ghost stories. Others still can manifest themselves so thoroughly, that they even appear to have mass in the physical world, and can be touched, just as you might touch another human being. Spirits of this nature could potentially kill a human, and I've heard whisperings of things of this sort happening.

I hope this sheds some light on things for you. I'm simply speaking from years of experience in "ghost hunting" and paranormal involvement of all levels, from basic residuals to full blown non-corporeal entity research and encounters.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Possible..... I will relate a story told to me from a relative, touring Europe. She and her husband were to visit a Castle, I believe in Germany. Upon arriving they found the Castle closed, no tours. Susposedly a young boy had spent the night there, on a dare, and he was found beaten to death from the inside out. Don't know if this is a fable or not, wouldn't want to find out. I do believe demonic spirits can and at times do hurt and kill people..

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilate
As a very young child (3 or 4 i think) I was 'choked' by a ghost/evil spirit whatever you want to call it. I was being choked, my parents couldn't figure out what was causing it, neither could a doctor who was called, then my dad all of a sudden said, "begone in the name of Jesus Christ" and it just stopped. That was a bit weird because my dad isn't really that religious, not quite sure why he said it, neither is he. Anyway it later turned out that particular house had been used for occult/devil worship and when they were stripping the walls of paint all kinds of pentagrams and devil worshipping stuff was written on the walls. It also turns out that someone was murdered there as well. Anyway we later got the place exorcised, but we didn't stay their very long. Anyway it was unpleasent for all involved, but I wasn't killed so i guess that doesn't give a definitive answer to your question, sorry.

Dam that must have been scary
You should tell this to one of those paranormal investigaters.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I asked these questions because I think I have seen and heard ghosts. One instance was when I was throwing rocks at the windows of an old house( dont worry it was a piece of crap anyway, broken windows, animals living inside, dirt, mud everywhere). I had hit some windows with the rocks but when I aimed at the top window something came out and through the rock away. I was with a friend of mine who can back this up. Than another time I woke up and heard two ppl speaking. I couldnt make out the first parts but I know I heard " He's waking up lets get outta here". I sleep with a pillow over my head to drown out the noise of some snoring so I dont know how loud they were talking or whatever. I have evan actually seen tiny balls of white light float slowly around my room. These things either dissapeared in my wall or into my pillow. I have not seen the light in some time though. I even have friends who say theyve seen ghosts. So Im a little scared theyd come to get me or something. That is one of the reasons I started this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Then it would only depends on the ghosts intention, does it?
You can scare the hell out of yourself by seeing a ghost, but if it was for example a mistake of the ghost to appear in front of you, you cant really blame him of killing you?
Nevertheless, they do ofcourse have the ability to do so, since many people are allready scared by just hearing a creapy sound.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I asked these questions because I think I have seen and heard ghosts. One instance was when I was throwing rocks at the windows of an old house( dont worry it was a piece of crap anyway, broken windows, animals living inside, dirt, mud everywhere). I had hit some windows with the rocks but when I aimed at the top window something came out and through the rock away. I was with a friend of mine who can back this up. Than another time I woke up and heard two ppl speaking. I couldnt make out the first parts but I know I heard " He's waking up lets get outta here". I sleep with a pillow over my head to drown out the noise of some snoring so I dont know how loud they were talking or whatever. I have evan actually seen tiny balls of white light float slowly around my room. These things either dissapeared in my wall or into my pillow. I have not seen the light in some time though. I even have friends who say theyve seen ghosts. So Im a little scared theyd come to get me or something. That is one of the reasons I started this thread.

Well, I don't really think that that's something that you have to worry about, because most of the time ghosts and spirits are relatively harmless. From what I can gather, spirits are a lot like people in that they possess personality traits, some are happy, some are sad, some are mischevious, and some are mean. But as a general rule, they are like people in that most of them mean well. What you'd want to watch out for more are the lower level noncorporal entities, and as a general rule, they don't come around unless they are attracted by negative energy of a place (as in the case of the person who was being choked when they were 4) or an action (why I don't use ouija boards).

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
check this out, i thought of it the other day. if course, I don't pretend to know it its true, but there was a"haunting in connecticut" where the spirit allegedly took control of a truck and tried to run down the father....

Discovery channel did a show on it, it was very creepy. The show was called, "a haunting in connecticut", the book is called,"in a dark place"

a family buys a house that previuosly had a morgue in the basement, and two of their sons decide to or have to sleep down there, and the fun begins.

One son is very effected by the hauntings, and they send him away. The ghost gets mad and takes it out on the daddy. The dad survived, but a ghost taking control of a truck is pretty scary stuff....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Personally, I've always had a difficult time with some of the "established" classifications.... I've kind of adopted the following...

"Ghost" - disembodied spiritual entity of a deceased being, capable of responding to stimuli and partial manifestation on this plane.

"Spirit" - disembodied entity that is either a deceased being or a native to the spiritual planes, but one that can only manifest through partial or full possession...(automatic writing or Ouija would be partial possession in this instance..this is why these activities can be dangerous to the weak-willed).

"Phantom" - residual psychic emination, usually a replaying of events, incapable of responding to stimuli.

"Poltergeist" - phenomenon including the manipulation of physical objects, generally via a child's latent telekinetic abilities, but also possibly from a "Ghost" or "Spirit's" influence.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
People are afraid of ghost because of everything in general. Your told a scary ghost story, then you start hearing things, which makes you a lil' scared.

Ever heard of Bloody Marry?

Well if you hear a story about her, seen a show about her on youtube or anything of that sort, then you might get frightend and, like me, be afraid to go into a bathroom or where ever there is a mirror.

See?

Its just kind of natural for some people to be a lil' afraid of ghost.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Croat56

from what i'v gathered from years of research, ghosts don't kill, DEMONS do. They are governed in some way and are not permitted to just attack, but if you confront them directly you've given them the right to attack you!....Please understand, confronting a DEMON is very dangerous, IT WANTS AND CAN KILL YOU!....The Catholic Church has vast experienced in these matters. They can and will help you, be persistent with them, they have a moral obligation to help anyone regardless what your belief system is. If the local priest is not willing to listen or help, TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. Priest are sometimes hesitant to help because of ether unexperienc or fear.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I once heard a story about a guy who was so scared he jumped out of a window and was found impaled on railings... The same haunted house also claimed another victim, who was found dead in his bed, his face twisted in terror...

www.zurichmansion.org...

www.mysterymag.com...

www.scaryforkids.com...

And apparently the ghost also sent a woman insane.
edit on 26-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't care how much of a 'paranormal expert' anyone claims to be, I don't care how many years you chased shadows in dark buildings, or photographed 'orbs', or heard 'voices' in the noise of your voice recorder...

All of that may actually be 'paranormal phenomena'. I've experienced it myself on more than one occasion.

But the absolute fact of the matter is, respectfully, not one person on this earth knows what a 'ghost' actually is, just as noone knows what happens to us when we die. I wish people would stop presenting their ideas and opinions about 'ghosts' as facts. It reminds me of the 'regret opening third eye' thread. You see spiritual gurus with years of experience all making different claims, contradicting one another. I guess we decide to believe in whoever sounds like they know what they're talking about, right??

Everyone thinks they have the answers where the paranormal/spiritual is involved, very few will admit they really have no solid facts or answers about paranormal phenomena, and the field has been spinning it's wheels for a long time now simply because we do not have the tools yet to actually find any real answers. Sorry, but EVPs, k2s, emf detectors..etc are still telling us virtually nothing about 'ghosts' and are about as accurate in detecting 'spirits' as a 'sensitive' or 'psychic'.. as I've said before, bring in more than one psychic or sensitive into an investigation seperately.. they rarely agree on anything except meaningless generalities which never answer anything.

I'm not saying people are wrong about their ideas about 'ghosts'. You may very well be right, but faith alone isn't proof. Neither are gut instincts.

Someone should make a thread about this, but it would probably go about as far as discussing the validity of other religions to a group of xtians.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

I believe ghosts exist, yet I don't believe in God. Is this defying the laws of the universe? No. Belief in a higher power has no connection to the belief in ghosts.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Flat out no.
First (and I dare say, I don't want to start a controversy over this point - but it is important as a part of this fact here)... For a person to believe in ghosts (for the sake of this thread we will assume all who read it DO)... anyway - To believe in a ghost/spririt/energy form/etc, the person is also 'at very least' NOT a disbeliever of God. There is no reason to believe in the paranormal if there is no believe in spiritual, therefore, a creator of intellegence.
Ok. That established, these engergies aren't allowed to just roam and do as they please. True, God allows things to take place when one is open, willing or foolish, and God allows consequence of ones actions and even the ripple effect of someone elses actions.
God does not permit murder.
Although they have more 'area' to work with and more knowledge and a more intimate way of suggestion and behavior - they are under laws of their own.

Most of them won't even come to us while awake for fear of scaring us. I supose someone could see or hear something, get frightened, run and fall to their death --- but I wouldn't consider that a direct kill.

As was stated by typwar above me I do not believe in god and i do believe in ghosts. They do not go hand in hand. Also not all spiritual people believe in god( aka Buddhists, who believe in enlightenment and the spirit but not a supreme being). You do not need to believe in god to believe in demons, just some sort of afterlife. God is a supreme being therefore not believing in god and not believing in an afterlife is different.

As for ghosts killing anyone, whether it be a ghost, spirit, demon etc. I , in all my extensive research (both field and library type) have I ever heard of a ghost, etc. directly killing anyone. I would not dismiss it happening indirectly, ex cardiac arrest, jumping from heights, etc. Though since no one has extensively researched a ghosts abilities and possibilities, due to inability not lack of trying no one on the face of this earth can say definitively, though in religious circles it is possible for a "demon" to do harm therefore they could kill if there is such a thing. Again its all in fearing what we do not know, or fearing because that's what has been instilled in us (ghosts and demons are always portrayed as scary in movies, even Casper, his uncles were scary).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join