It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a ghost ever killed anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Has a ghost ever killed or injured anyone? If not then why are people so afriad of Ghosts? If they cant harm us then whats the point of being frightened?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Based on what I've read, ghosts don't kill people. Demonic spirits are another thing altogether, although it has been stated by some that say they are in the know that there's a cosmic law that demons can't directly kill people, but they can cause a person to kill themselves by posession.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We can't even prove ghosts exist... but then, we also can't explain spontaneous combustion.

So they could have, but we'd never know.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
We can't even prove ghosts exist

Fair enough, but for arguements sake lets say they do exhist.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Flat out no.
First (and I dare say, I don't want to start a controversy over this point - but it is important as a part of this fact here)... For a person to believe in ghosts (for the sake of this thread we will assume all who read it DO)... anyway - To believe in a ghost/spririt/energy form/etc, the person is also 'at very least' NOT a disbeliever of God. There is no reason to believe in the paranormal if there is no believe in spiritual, therefore, a creator of intellegence.
Ok. That established, these engergies aren't allowed to just roam and do as they please. True, God allows things to take place when one is open, willing or foolish, and God allows consequence of ones actions and even the ripple effect of someone elses actions.
God does not permit murder.
Although they have more 'area' to work with and more knowledge and a more intimate way of suggestion and behavior - they are under laws of their own.

Most of them won't even come to us while awake for fear of scaring us. I supose someone could see or hear something, get frightened, run and fall to their death --- but I wouldn't consider that a direct kill.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Most of them won't even come to us while awake for fear of scaring us. I supose someone could see or hear something, get frightened, run and fall to their death --- but I wouldn't consider that a direct kill.

Okay theres my other question if they cant hurt or kill us then why are people afraid of ghosts?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
People are usually scared of anything that's not "normal" to them
aren't they?
Anytime you experience something that might be out of the ordinary
aren't you always at least a little anxious?
I mean unless you already understand or have previous knowledge
of it you might be afraid right?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Okay theres my other question if they cant hurt or kill us then why are people afraid of ghosts?

Because they don't understand them. If ghosts were a common placed thing - they popped up all the time - no one would need fear them.
Also, I think it's something having to do with the way kids are told 'ghost stories' and all the 'scarry movies' are about the paranormal.
It all factors in

If we were all brought up knowing that we are the same thing as they are, only we happen to be 'stuck' in this body, and that they are everywhere and almost always we have someone with us (if not many), and that they often help us - I think people wouldn't be afraid but instead more interested in figuring out how to go about getting their own instinks and perceptions up to par so they could get a glimps

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Being scared of what we dont know probably is the reason we're scared of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The only instance I can think of happened in London, in the middle XIX century, albeit not in the way you think. A painter, dressed in a white gown, was killed by a self-appointed, trigger-happy ghost hunter with a gunshot. This was during one of the many "ghost" scares that hit the world during XIX century.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
my wife out weighs the average NON-poisonus spider we see in CT by about 1,000,000%, but they terrify her.

ghosts may have given someone a heart attack ?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
my wife out weighs the average NON-poisonus spider we see in CT by about 1,000,000%, but they terrify her.

ghosts may have given someone a heart attack ?

radagast, you beat me to it

Ghosts may have "killed" people in this way. Sheer fright.

Sanc'.

Odd

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"Ray... he slimed me..."

I don't see why a ghost would want to kill somebody in the first place; wouldn't it be harder to deal with that person on equal footing as a ghost?

If I were an etheric entity, I'd stop scaring people at that delicate threshold between the crapping of their pants and full-blown heart failure... then I'd go get some ghost nachos or something.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i have heard that ghosts can scratch people and make them bleed...

but that was the worst...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Look up the story on the Bell Witch. There was a good thread here not to long ago and explained this haunting pretty well. Freaky story that suposedly culminated in a mans death. How true it is I don't know but interesting none the less.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, WATCH GHOST HUNTERS! That is a great show on Sci Fi. But yes, I think they can kill by sheer fright, someone runs away trips and falls down the stairs, heart attack, so forth.

Also, scratching? That sounds like a incubi or succubi, not ghost, they feed off of energy, so if you are more, psychically in tune then others you are a better target then others. Why I stopped learning how to see auras and stuff like that, kept waking up with weird scratches and bite looking marks.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
But yes, I think they can kill by sheer fright, someone runs away trips and falls down the stairs, heart attack, so forth.

Yeah, I think that could happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
@ James The Lesser: At least, you had veeeery good dreams, hadn't you?!

With ghost, you mean only the "spiritual essence", or also the poltergeist phenomena (that, often, are unconscious telekinetical phenomena)?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As a very young child (3 or 4 i think) I was 'choked' by a ghost/evil spirit whatever you want to call it. I was being choked, my parents couldn't figure out what was causing it, neither could a doctor who was called, then my dad all of a sudden said, "begone in the name of Jesus Christ" and it just stopped. That was a bit weird because my dad isn't really that religious, not quite sure why he said it, neither is he. Anyway it later turned out that particular house had been used for occult/devil worship and when they were stripping the walls of paint all kinds of pentagrams and devil worshipping stuff was written on the walls. It also turns out that someone was murdered there as well. Anyway we later got the place exorcised, but we didn't stay their very long. Anyway it was unpleasent for all involved, but I wasn't killed so i guess that doesn't give a definitive answer to your question, sorry.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
since it is possible to die of fright(cardiac arrest,stroke,respiratory failure), i think YES...it is possible for a ghost to kill someone,if it frightens them enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join