It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna stop fake news.. shut down twitter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Cant believe people are asking for the gov to step in and protect people from being spoon fed sheep.........and "CONSERVATIVES" non the less, i swear I dont recognize my previous conservative brothers and sisters anymore

You're so called "conservative" friends have fallen in to the fascist mindset. They are calling for more than just censorship. They have called for the targeting of people by their religion. They have called for mass round-ups.

The Right Wing is trending towards ultra-nationalist fascism and there seem to be very few of you true conservatives around to talk some sense in to them.

Yet you're completely fine, I'm sure, with rounding up Russians and sending them back to Russia, right? God forbid we vet the hell out of anyone, regardless of religion, from terror regions before they enter a society you and me live in. And nobody wants to listen to an anti-Trump RINO, they're just as bad as a liberal.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
a reply to: LSU0408

I would truly love to go into an alternate reality and see how
Drumph supporters would be behaving had Hillary won.

I have no doubt we'd have been calling for recounts, but having cry-ins and cookies and milk and crayolas and coloring books because we're so sensitive? NO. Planning some meaningless mentally ill march hoping hundreds of thousands showed up during the inauguration? NO. Liberals/Anti-Trumpers acting like this are truly a different breed outside the realm of normalcy.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: goou111

So why not crack down on the true source for almost all hoaxes?

Freedom of speech.

What does that have to do with shutting the site down?

Everything. Who exactly would shut the site down if not for the government? Well the government's hands are tied by the First Amendment. The fact you don't understand this (or pretending you don't) disturbs me greatly...

I wasn't thinking about the government shutting the site down when I said that. I'm just talking about the site being shut down by whoever runs it. That has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm not anti-Drumph my little putin puppet.
I like Trump the reality TV star.
Now it's time to figure out if i'm going to like Trump the president.
So far he hasn't given me much to stand on.

I can see you've given him a chance.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Great point. Talk about Muslims or Mexicans getting sent home you are a racist pig.

But sending home the Russians is fine.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Who is sending home Russians?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am...He's just hard to pill right now..
Still hope he does well - he is now my president.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Great point. Talk about Muslims or Mexicans getting sent home you are a racist pig.

But sending home the Russians is fine.

Exactly. What sense would it make to send home or revoke a visit from the people running drugs into our country or killing our citizens in the name of their religion, when you could just as easily expel some guys who come from the same country as the the supposed hacker that is assumed to have cost democrats the election? And that was done immediately by the current administration. I had no idea they could work that fast.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Obama sent some ho e did he not?

Where is the outrage from the left?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Who is sending home Russians?

Seriously?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Freedom of speech.

Everything. Who exactly would shut the site down if not for the government? Well the government's hands are tied by the First Amendment. The fact you don't understand this (or pretending you don't) disturbs me greatly...

I wasn't thinking about the government shutting the site down when I said that. I'm just talking about the site being shut down by whoever runs it. That has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with freedom of speech.

Ah I see. You are just saying random things that have no baring on reality as they pop into your head. Why would the owner of Twitter shut the site down? Trump has probably made that company more money than they could have ever dreamed of. The owners may not approve of his antics or the antics of his followers, but at the end of the day Twitter is a corporation and there is only ONE thing a corporation cares about. I'll give you a hint, it's green.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It seems he just can;t win with some of you..
If he does nothing he's a lame duck..
If he does something it's an outrage!!!!!
I think no matter Obama did or did it to...
Some of you just wouldn't be happy regardless.
Yet you guys see absolutely EVERYTHING Trump
does as the second coming of Christ bathed in the
light of the immortal god.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Putin-bot he sent diplomats home regarding sanctions.
Nothing close to mass round-ups and deportation to the comment
you were applauding from the laughing troll-bot.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
a reply to: MagicCow

Obama sent some ho e did he not?

Where is the outrage from the left?

Don't count. Russians hacked the election. I mean seriously, how else could Hillary Clinton lose? It couldn't have been her unbelievably horrible failed policies and lack of doing anything as SoS and Senator. It couldn't have been because she's truly the most unqualified candidate ever. It couldn't be because she attracted crowds of 75 to 100 at her rallies. It couldn't be because she was caught up in scandal after scandal after scandal. Or because she hired the same man that the DNC forced to resign after he was caught snubbing Bernie in emails (Wasserman-Slutz). It couldn't have been because Hillary held one rally every other week or so. No, it could only be because racist white angry misogynists and Russians.

ETA: And it couldn't have been because her entire platform she ran on was based on four more years of obama.
edit on 3-1-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Freedom of speech.

Ah I see. You are just saying random things that have no baring on reality as they pop into your head. Why would the owner of Twitter shut the site down? Trump has probably made that company more money than they could have ever dreamed of. The owners may not approve of his antics or the antics of his followers, but at the end of the day Twitter is a corporation and there is only ONE thing a corporation cares about. I'll give you a hint, it's green.

Because if you paid attention to any of my posts, you'd see that I said I wish ALL social media would shut down in response to fake news. I said nothing about the government until it was brought up by you.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Putin-bot he sent diplomats home regarding sanctions.
Nothing close to mass round-ups and deportation to the comment
you were applauding from the laughing troll-bot.

If there were masses of Russians he'd be rounding them up. Of course, Russians aren't a minority. They have white skin, the media wouldn't bash rounding them up. They don't have to run drugs to our country or pledge allegiance to a terror group to be considered dangerous and get expelled.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Freedom of speech.

Because if you paid attention to any of my posts, you'd see that I said I wish ALL social media would shut down in response to fake news. I said nothing about the government until it was brought up by you.

And that's why I brought up the government, because who else but the government would have the power to undertake such a task? Duh. Clearly you aren't paying attention to my posts either. That is unless you think that Twitter can magically shut all social media down beyond just itself. And if you are just speaking your wishes knowing that it can't be a reality, well that harkens back to why I said you are just saying whatever comes to your head in lieu of reality.

PS: ATS is a form of social media.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yet you're completely fine, I'm sure, with rounding up Russians and sending them back to Russia, right?

Not without just cause and due process, but the link you provided does not show what you describe.

God forbid we vet the hell out of anyone, regardless of religion, from terror regions before they enter a society you and me live in.

I'm all for proper vetting. Have at it. Just don't target people based on religion, as Trump initially considered.

And nobody wants to listen to an anti-Trump RINO, they're just as bad as a liberal.

Of course. Anyone that does not fit your agenda and narrative cannot be real Republicans. It's that thinking that has driven real conservatives from the extreme Right.

You do not represent real Republicans or real conservatives. You represent the extreme that has grown itself around the party/label and use it to pound your new-fascist ideologies.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You have a brain…. Do you? Let them flow… at the end you are the one who diced what is right or wrong…

Right…?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You have it completely freaking backwards. The news media is not verifying their sources and they shouldn't be running stories on just one source, Twitter or otherwise. It's the news media that is at fault. Their fact-checking and quality control is at near zero.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join