It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Political Forum Suggestion- Trump Tweets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
President elect Donald Trump is breaking more molds everyday, and he hasn't even taken office yet. He continues to tweet out messages directly to the people, bypassing the MSM- which is great, because his messages get to us directly, unedited, and without all the liberal spin and political agendas that usually accompany such messages.

So if he continues to tweet, even after he takes office later this month, I propose the ATS staff make a new political forum called Trump Tweets. In this forum threads would likely be made continuously as the President gets his messages across directly to the American people. ATS members could pick and choose which tweets to start threads on, so that political commentary could follow. It might also have the effect of minimizing bad or false characterizations of what the President actually said.

Trump already has some 18.5 million followers, and that number is likely to grow considerably. And ATS could be a ground breaker in that it might be the first and one of the few if any forums dedicated solely to tweets coming directly from the President.

Trump's twitter account is here:
twitter.com...

This forum might also give the mods a handy place to put all of the threads that have come up, and are going to come up in the future, as the President continues tweeting messages about current events and politics. (Again, assuming that he does continue. He might not, or may be too busy to continue.)

Anyways, it's just a thought, and hopefully all of ATS will consider.
Also, I am suggesting this for the main site, not the off-topic site, where this thread is.
edit on Tue Jan 3rd 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Blimey he is tweeting a lot.
I think he is going to go for NK reading his last tweet about them.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

He continues to tweet out messages directly to the people, bypassing the MSM- which is great, because his messages get to us directly, unedited, and without all the liberal spin and political agendas that usually accompany such messages.

So far they been letting him get away wth it. How long remains to be seen. Wait till tweets directly oppose the fake news media. They'll crucify him.

As far as a forum, why not. Leaves a trail of breadcrumbs to follow.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think such a forum being added to ATS is very unlikely. I've seen lots of suggestions made by members for forums on various subjects and I don't think I have seen one adopted yet, so don't hold your breath my friend.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I think such a forum being added to ATS is very unlikely. I've seen lots of suggestions made by members for forums on various subjects and I don't think I have seen one adopted yet, so don't hold your breath my friend.

Yeah, I know. I've been here over 12 years, and seen many of those too. I don't have high hopes either, but if the staff think it's a good idea, and it has large support from the membership, they might do it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

There is literally years worth of gold for that forum, this is one of my favourites.....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I really really hope he and Lil Kim have an all out twitter war about whose hands are biggest.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Funny you'd pick something like that just to berate the idea of the forum. But, not a surprise coming from you.

Stuff like this though, that most people aren't even thinking about or aware of:

General Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to U.S. car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A.or pay big border tax!

twitter.com...

That was just tweeted, and is a conversation starter.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

If he has half the time to tweet as obama had to golf it would be a very good thing .

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Funny you'd pick something like that just to berate the idea of the forum.

I wasn't berating the idea, at least that was not my intention. If such a forum were to be created then such tweets would surely be the subject of threads..no?

or his new-years eve tweet - that'd also be a thread.

I like the idea of a 'Trump Tweets' forum, I really do - BUT, it would be like a mini-mudpit I think.

But, not a surprise coming from you.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I should have added that I quite like the idea, maybe if it was expanded to include other public figures, but did not include the tweets of celebrities.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

I should have added that I quite like the idea, maybe if it was expanded to include other public figures, but did not include the tweets of celebrities.

Now that part I would have to say no, do not include anything or anybody else. The idea of a President tweeting directly to the people is something new in itself. It is special. And as such, I think ATS should realize this and do something about it. A new forum dedicated to the President's tweets is groundbreaking and new.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I like the idea - it's simple & straight forward - "Trump Tweets" definitively describes the forum content.

At least half the time, things get spread out over the wide array of forums, with OPs putting their content anywhere convenient for them. A great example of this are Breaking Political News, Political Conspiracies, Above Politics, Political Mud Pit - these tweets could be just about anywhere!

For me, I'm strictly a "New Topics" guy (formerly known as Firehose) - I don't pay attention to what forums contain the posts I'm interested in, I just want to see all topics posted to ATS so I don't miss something interesting.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Donald, uses Twitter like a 14 year old girl. His latest rant over N Korea is just stupid.
www.yahoo.com...

Why anyone would vote for this guy is beyond me!! He is unfit!! He has no idea how to do anything other than bully!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh. Well ok then, cause it sounded like one of those typical, witty sublimecraft posts laced with all kinds of hidden meanings and dark matter.

Never mind then, I apologize. Glad to hear you like the idea. I thought it good enough to suggest. And believe me, I don't do this very often. I have seen the way posts like this get completely ignored. But, thought it'd be worth a shot anyway. The very fact that it is coming from me probably already killed it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Trump just tweeted:

With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it may be, their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance! #DTS

I couldn't agree more! It really is amazing to get a direct line on what our President elect is thinking as events unfold, and Congress legislates. I guess if we can't get a forum, then at least we have the Trump Tweets thread. It just won't be as effective, and will be too prone to go off topic. A forum would allow threads for each topic.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

President elect Donald Trump is breaking more molds everyday, and he hasn't even taken office yet. He continues to tweet out messages directly to the people, bypassing the MSM- which is great, because his messages get to us directly, unedited, and without all the liberal spin and political agendas that usually accompany such messages.

So if he continues to tweet, even after he takes office later this month, I propose the ATS staff make a new political forum called Trump Tweets. In this forum threads would likely be made continuously as the President gets his messages across directly to the American people. ATS members could pick and choose which tweets to start threads on, so that political commentary could follow. It might also have the effect of minimizing bad or false characterizations of what the President actually said.

What a great idea! I hate how the liberal media is always dubbing over the audio of Presidents' press conferences to replace the words that are coming out of their mouths. It's been so difficult in the past for Presidents to communicate with the American people. So difficult. Believe me.

ATS really needs a dedicated forum for apologists to spin Trump tweets.

Maybe we could convince Kellyanne Conway to moderate it too? That way it's super fair and unbiased. Have you thought of a name for it? I propose "Bootlickers HQ."
edit on 2017-1-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow, see? Even the liberals are on board for this!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There's already a World War 3 forum

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Trump just tweeted:

With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it may be, their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance! #DTS

I couldn't agree more! It really is amazing to get a direct line on what our President elect is thinking as events unfold, and Congress legislates. I guess if we can't get a forum, then at least we have the Trump Tweets thread. It just won't be as effective, and will be too prone to go off topic. A forum would allow threads for each topic.

And should anyone have any doubt as to how powerful those tweets can be, we just have breaking news that the house GOP just dropped the issue like a hot potato after Trump made that tweet!

House Republicans backtracked on plans to abolish the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) after Democrats opposed to it found an unexpected ally in President-elect Donald Trump, who has urged his party to focus on “more important things.”

Plans to abolish the ethics office were included in rules changes the 115th Congress was expected to pass as it convened on Tuesday. Following backlash from both the Democrats and the president-elect, however, the Republican conference called an emergency meeting and voted to drop the proposal with unanimous consent.

The revisions would have transformed the OCE into the ‘Office of Congressional Complaint Review’ and strip it of its ability to refer criminal cases to law enforcement, excepting anonymous tips from whistleblowers, or communicate with the general public. The newly neutered office would also be placed under the oversight of the House Ethics Committee, according to changes proposed by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Virginia).

Trump tweeted out his opposition to the motion on Tuesday morning.

With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 3, 2017

........may be, their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance! #DTS
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 3, 2017

www.rt.com...

The very tweet I just had mentioned above. Well how about that. Yup, I really think we could use that new forum.

top topics

join