It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Amber Alert For 10 Year Old Indiana Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
An Amber Alert has been issued for 10 year old Kaylyn Collman in Crothersville, Indiana. Kaylyn is white, 4ft6", 120 pounds and was last seen wearing a red short sleeved shirt, black stretch pants with white stripes and a medium light blue winter jacket.

www.foxnews.com
She was likely abducted at Crothersville Community School, about 40 miles north of Louisville, Ky. Police said she is believed to be in extreme danger.

The suspect is described as a white male, between 5-foot-8 and 6 feet, very skinny, 18 to 20 years old, with short dark hair and a fair complexion.

He was driving a white Ford F-150 pickup truck, late '80s or early '90s, which was last seen in the Crothersville area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Crothersville Police Department at 1-888-58AMBER (888-582-6237), or dial 911.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Please, if you're in this area, keep an eye out for the girl and the suspects truck.

Don't hesitate to get involved, it could save her.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Missing girl's body found in stream.

The body of a missing 10-year-old girl was found in a stream Sunday, five days after she apparently accepted a ride from a young man in a truck while returning home from an errand.

The body of Katlyn "Katie" Collman was discovered about 20 miles north of her hometown of Crothersville. Authorities did not disclose how she died or how long her remains may have been in the stream.

An autopsy was scheduled for Monday.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That is pretty close to me. I hope to God they catch the person who did this and subject them to the very same treatment he gave the little girl.

My thoughts and prayers go out for this little girls family. Rest in peace little lady. You are in a better place now.

[edit on 1/31/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This makes me so sad, but this outcome has become all to common. Could more and more happenings like this one bring about the micro-chipping of all our youth. I predict that the media coverage of abductions, disappearances and the subsequent negative outcomes will continue to rise. God bless her!

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
How can you put into words the scope of this type of tragedy? How can anyone ever hurt a child? This is beyond repulsive, and I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for the scum that commits these vile acts.
In my opinion, and I say it LOUD AND CLEAR - the moment someone does this type of thing - they have lost ALL rights. They should be killed immediately. Say what you will about the countries in the Mid East, but I'll bet you that there is probably a very low percentage of repeat offenders.
Rest in Peace little girl.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
INDIANAPOLIS — A 25-year-old man was charged Wednesday with abducting and killing a 10-year-old Crothersville girl, who was the subject of an Amber Alert (search) last week, authorities said.

Charles "Chuckie" James Hickman (search), of Crothersville, was preliminarily charged with murder, felony murder and criminal confinement in the killing of Katlyn "Katie" Collman (search), said Crothersville Police Chief Norman Ford in a news release. Hickman was being held Wednesday at the Jackson County Jail awaiting his initial court hearing.

Police have been searching for Collman's killer since a state trooper found her body in a stream Sunday, five days after authorities say she apparently accepted a ride from a young man in a white truck while returning home from running an errand. The trooper found the body in a wooded area about a quarter of a mile off Interstate 65 about 15 miles north of Crothersville.

Collman, a fourth-grader at Crothersville Elementary, was last seen walking from a store on Jan. 22, about three blocks from her home after buying toilet paper, investigators have said.

www.foxnews.com...

thank goodness that he's been caught....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

thank goodness that he's been caught....

Now if we can just put him on the express lane to the chair, we might accomplish some attonement for that little girl. Its a good thing he is off the streets. I have to go to evansville Ind. Saturday evening for a bit and I have had some reservations about taking my daughter. This helps.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Now if we can just put him on the express lane to the chair, we might accomplish some attonement for that little girl.

I agree - this piece of pond scum should already be dead. I don't want to hear that he had "mental deficiencies", or the one that sticks in my craw every time - "he had a bad childhood". He murdered a little girl whose only crime was to buy toilet paper for her family.
In my opinion - this monster does not deserve to breathe the same air as you and I.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How profoundly sad I am reading this,another precious little angel senselessly taken by a devil...I wish the family my deepest sympathies.In a fair world with hard evidence,Chuckie wouldn't have made it to the police station...he'd be getting devoured by fireants,desperately wishing he(it) was never born.In our system,these should be the speediest of trials,if convicted an even speedier death,for every waking moment of attention the predator gets in the spotlight of notoriety,diminishes the once-promising light of their victims.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Town mourns girl believed killed over meth.

CROTHERSVILLE, Indiana (AP) -- Hundreds of mourners paid their final respects Sunday to a 10-year-old girl who police believe was abducted and slain so she would not reveal methamphetamine activity in her neighborhood.

Charles James Hickman, 20, was arrested Wednesday and charged with murder in Collman's slaying.

Prosecutors allege Hickman tied the girl's hands behind her back. Hickman first told investigators the girl tried to run away and fell into the creek, but also said he might have "bumped" her into the water.

Timothy C. O'Sullivan II, 22, and a 17-year-old boy were charged Friday with false informing, but their connections to the crimes were unclear.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join