It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Yorkshire police shoot man dead just off the M62.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

British born nice try.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
BBC reporting a none police issue firearm was found at the scene.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
You hit all the nails on the head there. So where in Britain is Kurdistan? Where in Britain is Pakistan? at least the yardies are not a race but mainly hail from the Caribbean. So pray tell me how they have integrated and still call themselves Kurd or Pakistani? Oh because they were born here that exempts them, yet they still hold on to their Kurdish and Pakistani racial groups. So YES they are NOT integrating.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

They are around here.
This is gang violence we have white gangs also whom have been responsible for the things in my OP.
Where do you live? I live in the area and have many friends from all over, all integrating very well.
But again nice try.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There is very little integration in reality except maybe the West Indians (but even they tend to go home to Jamaica to die) but all sections of society really do tend to stick together...the old birds of a feather thing even those born here. Ask a Pakistani Brit born & bred here which cricket team they support and its NEVER England lol always Pakistan. Many have never even been there but still consider themselves Pakistanis not british. The Kurds are relatively new on the scene, almost all single males, trying to make their mark,and already have their own shops barbers entertainment places. They are a total nightmare in pubs and clubs harrassing and assaulting the naughty bad white women. What most don't realise is racism as its meant today is rarely about colour....its always about different unusual or strange. I have suffered "racism" if you like being a goth in my youth. I was spat on, called names & beaten up regularly for daring to be different till finally as I got older I partially conformed sadly.

Multi culturalism is a pipe dream of a utopia that will never happen unless we all become one culture drones.
edit on 3-1-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

A person who just has a stash of drugs, and is fleeing the scene of an operation poses little threat, but if that individual was armed and had a history of violence when threatened, then there may be mitigating circumstances to justify the police action. Until we know more of the situation as it stands, we would be ill advised to form any firm speculation as to the motivations of the officer or officers involved in the shooting.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I find this curious, it comes from an article in the Guardian...

IPCC investigators said “what appears to be a non-police issue firearm” was found in Yaqub’s vehicle after he was shot. A postmortem examination is due to take place on Wednesday and the coroner has been informed, the watchdog said.

So Police stop his car, he's taken out by a Police Marksman aqmnd mow they want to fo a Post Mortem to determine the cause of death? I can onluy assume that the only reason they even need to entertain this idea is the other firearm found in the car? The presence of another gun could mean that he shot himself? Other than this theory I really don't see the need to wate both time and money on a Post Mortem Examination.

It seems there's no new info on this one though. It's sad that people automatically see the colour of the man's skin, and his name (Yassar Yaqub) and automatically assume it's terror related. So it's not feasable that a man with a foreign sounding name is actually a drug dealer and carries a firearm to protect him from rivals? I'm not saying this is a good thing, of course.

I really want to know what imminent threat the man posed the Marksman to take his shot...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

A person who just has a stash of drugs, and is fleeing the scene of an operation poses little threat, but if that individual was armed and had a history of violence when threatened, then there may be mitigating circumstances to justify the police action. Until we know more of the situation as it stands, we would be ill advised to form any firm speculation as to the motivations of the officer or officers involved in the shooting.

OK, thanks, that makes sense too. I just read that the perp was a high end drug dealer. But I didn't read if he was armed and dangerous. He must have been, even though I don't know how they could know that. It feels strange to me if they shoot someone without due course. Unless of course he already shot back at them, in that instance it is like a Wild West shoot out and justified.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Reconnaissance.

When a sting team perform an operation with tactical support, it is customary for them to have significant awareness of the operational area. This may be provided by a number of facilities, including marksmen looking down their scopes at movement in the target area, cameras, either infrastructural or placed for the specific operation in question, aerial surveillance as you might get from a drone or other airborne mechanism, and utilising various different parts of the spectrum of light, especially at night. They will also have directional microphones in some circumstances, and may have set up other monitoring gear besides that.

Using these methods and others besides, they can build a profile of who is present on the scene, and if they know that, they can have a greater degree of understanding when it comes to what level of threat is presented by the target or targets on the ground. For example, if they are looking to arrest an individual who has no violence in their record, but they identify another player on the field, and it turns out that this other person is a criminal with a record of violence or has a tendency to be armed, then that provides a tactical team with the information they need to best protect themselves, and ensure that they are not surprised by unexpected gunfire from a suspect they are approaching.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

From my experiences of living in Bradford (not last 15 years) British Pakistani's did support England, just not when playing Pakistan. I can tell you though, in one area i was the only white person for 3-4 streets in either direction and whenever England played India you would have thought it was a BNP recruiting ground what with all the St George's flags that would suddenly appear!

edit on 4-1-2017 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

In fairness, he has previously been tried for carrying out a drive by shooting. People may claim he was acquitted - he wasn't, the trial collapsed which is a very different thing entirely.

Whilst no one deserves to be shot in these circumstances, it is extremely hard to have any sympathy whatsoever. He clearly lived by the sword - it has now bitten him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join