It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is blameless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
I have heard this and take that as everything comes from God. Pure potential for example!a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

including evil. Potential for evil if you want.

Are you guilty if a child breaks a window with a hammer you've given it..or is the child at fault ?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Not to get in this blame thing, but we have free will. Our actions define ourselves.

Who do I blame for x, or z? It's not God. It's circumstance and time and place. Mostly there are people involved, but often it's me. If I trip over a rock while walking who do I blame?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

How is it that we are sure it is not of his will and hence something he has done/put into place. Silly comment that.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

GOD! He put the rock there!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This post makes me wonder, how many people posting here don't believe in God but are blaming him anyways. I find that hilarious.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ancientthunder

If you want to believe in a Christian God then I totally disagree. In fact God even says it in the bible that everything starts and ends with him. That he is the creator of EVERYTHING. Which means he is ultimately responsible for everything too. Everything we do as well.

However he would also be responsible for every great thing ever and every beautiful and loving thing at the same time. All of it.

Yes ....If there is a "creator God" they would ultimately be responsible for EVERYTHING because they would be at the root of the original cause that effected EVERYTHING...however everyone is "accountable" for all they do.That does not mean some type of punitive judgment for what is called sins which means missing the mark of maturity..i.e..not being responsive to accountability.

edit on 3-1-2017 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Are you guilty if a child breaks a window with a hammer you've given it..or is the child at fault ?
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

a child is blameless because it is unaware of what it is doing, the one who gives a child a hammer is responsible for what happens. Hammers for instance are a man made object made with an intent on hammering nails in wood etc, this was what it was created for. Shall we blame the maker of the hammer if someone uses it to crush another’s skull?
Before mankind there were no hammers around, rocks yes but they were made or seem to be made to become a planet. Along with Iron etc, it is us humans that have decided to utilize the elements to create new creations. Atom bombs also! yes you are free to use the elements and intelligence to create new things. But.....................be aware of the possible consequences.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988
GOD! He put the rock there!

Did he?

The rock could have got there through natural processes, or by man or animals. It's just there. That's it. Blame the plough that turned the ground, that exposed the rock. Blame the tractor driver, or the person who sold the tractor in the first place. Blame everyone. It's a pointless game.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
A tractor called blame I like it! Good break down, seems silly but some people just dont see the truth of the matter.a reply to: paraphi

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Some people here sound like children who want candy as their breakfast, lunch and dinner.

If you grow as a person, you will understand life isn't all about "feeling good - in a material sense". A heightened sense of morality has nothing to do with material gifts.

To become a moral person you have to understand the need and benefit of turning away from evil.
You have to have a choice otherwise it's not you that's becoming moral.

Once you get to this "level" (or whatever you want to call it) things like guilt over doing something bad or wanting to revenge someone for doing something bad are no longer forces you need to deal with. (As an adult most of us can now walk out of a store without a temper tantrum because we didn't get what we wanted.)

I personally believe we get to be reincarnated until we get this right - some people don't but for me that makes sense.

I hope you find this soon.

edit on January 3rd 2017 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

If you want to believe in a Christian God then I totally disagree
a reply to: mOjOm
Yes I can understand that, but on the other hand there is no Christian God or other type of God. If they do exist on some plane or another they certainly are not God!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If you want to believe in a Christian God then I totally disagree
a reply to: mOjOm
Yes I can understand that, but on the other hand there is no Christian God or other type of God. If they do exist on some plane or another they certainly are not God!

- please explain those two lines
in relation with OP

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I just try not to lay blame at the feet of nonexistence. If something goes wrong in my life, I blame myself if appropriate, or others if the shoe fits. If it's just happenstance, I blame life and move on.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If there truly is God,"it" was around way before a Christian mind conceived God therfore it cannot be Christian, Hindu or whatever type of God. That is where those two lines are pointing to. Because one names something it does not mean that something is yours. a reply to: loNeNLI

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If there truly is God,"it" was around way before a Christian mind conceived God therfore it cannot be Christian, Hindu or whatever type of God. That is where those two lines are pointing to. Because one names something it does not mean that something is yours. a reply to: loNeNLI

yes love i thought you'd say something like that

- i neither agree with the epithet 'christian'
...but it's born out of lack for the right term - as opposed to Their mimicks, presenting themselves as hindu / buddhists / islamic / judaistic / catholic /

poor human soul calls ány entity 'god'
as shown by several in your thread
And it creates but mass-confusion.
[which is ofcourse the goal of Them]

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
- yet you avoided the question.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe you could refrase your question so I may respond to you in the right way?a reply to: loNeNLI

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Maybe you could refrase your question so I may respond to you in the right way?a reply to: loNeNLI

yes, your quote ;
"If there truly is God,"it" was around way before a Christian mind conceived God therfore it cannot be Christian, Hindu or whatever type of God. That is where those two lines are pointing to. Because one names something it does not mean that something is yours."

..the problem is, as always, the term 'god' ;
this term is used by many, indifferent they adress their hindu god, buddha god, their own Ego, islam , whatever.
it is a term, so misused,
that it is almost a doublespeak

...it all hinges upon the náture of the used term 'god' :
if, for example, one would realize that there is one scriptural God, and every óther religion are "mimick-gods", then at least people would understand whó they adress with the term "god".
no ?

..the way to compare who-is-who,
is to compare their attributes :
vedic Vishnu is the same as egyptian Anubis ;
the Norse Odin is the same as egyptian Horus ;
greek Athena is the same as egyptian Isis ;
etc

...most poor souls dont KNOW this --- and call ány of those fallen ones "god" ,
then how can you make the comment as you did...?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
added -

..the egyptian Spells are deeply, deeply afraid of God
they fear his power
and THAT IS WHY THEY IMPRISONED US
as HOSTAGE AGAINST Him

now
ancient egypt is the legal HQ of áll their branches : hinduism, islam, buddhism, etc,

- having BILLIONS of souls imprisoning tHEMSELVES,
by worshipping the same fallen ones,
which each of them calls 'god' !

..does that make sense..?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I also believe "God" is blameless. Coming from a mind which thinks deeply about the abstract. I happen to also believe there is no "blessing" or "curse". Cause and effect comes with "free will". Here in this realm of imagination we are limited to our few senses. Our environment as well as food is also a type of cause and effect within our bodies and mind. Life is a snowball effect of sorts.

One child dies from leukemia while the other lives. Which is the "blessing"? Did God bestow us life only to be fallen with such an illness at a young age and torment our bodies, families, and friends? Umm.. no! When someone says God sure did bless us with this child while the other couple who cannot have a child feels cursed? Ummmm. NO again! I get tired of hearing people say they are blessed by something another could never have or obtain no matter how hard they tried.

Once we come to this realm we have a few spirits who can help and intervene but it's rare. We come here with a master blue print and follow it to the best of our spirits ability. It's only a short stay and we learn so much in such little time. Good and evil are a matter of perspective and are not to be taken with judgement although this is the hardest trait to bury.

Life on Earth is nothing more than an illusion of thought, we can actually create our reality with each choice we make. Our intent and imagination is similar to the creator and when we create the better good for humanity and other species we are causing fulfillment in such a way even the heavens are in awe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join