It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of Medicare and Social Security, how do you feel about it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

the problem I have with what you say is that corporations tell the public and lawmakers what they need to "break even"...uh huh...apparently THAT part is never examined in depth...in other words, what part of "breaking even" includes high payouts to shareholders, and execs...how are they cutting costs in management?....what executive perks are being paid for by broke-ass people who have to have the medicine, and are barely scraping by?.....I've worked in corporate management, although not at the executive level, and I can tell you a lot of us rolled our eyes at the money spent for non-related business spending.....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No, they tell people that they need a profit, or else they can't survive as employees without a salary, or they can't afford to expand their business or create new things if they don't make a profit.

Breaking even is never the goal of a business if it is meant to have any longevity.

Pay-outs and bonuses and everything else are ways of keeping those who the company sees as invaluable under their employment or are earned rewards for monies invested. Yes, some are amounts that I see as unwarranted, and there are often unnecessary expenditures by companies, but I'm not an executive, I don't own a business, and I don't fully understand the nuances of keeping employees and investors happy.

But what you've done is turned this conversation into an excuse to complain about the 1% instead of discussing healthcare, so I'm out. This isn't really a thread about stereotyping and generalizing bad corporate spending--and even if it was such a thread, this is a tired discussion that's been had innumerable times on ATS.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join