It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflicts of interest, How can America trust Trump?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'd be happy if he just bring back F-22 and AGM-129. Those are desperately needed by the US military and Obama killed them.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't think China has anything on him. The US has 20 trillions debt. Does not need to repay any debt because no one dares to fight the US .

Trump has no infrastructure in Russia or China.

Trump's ego is so big he won't let any foreigner boss him around now that he is the president.
edit on 3-1-2017 by AdamHeiman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The intellectual dishonesty is astounding

That particular thread was a perfect example. After decades of having their mind spun by Fox news, the new Trump-Bannon media spin is even easier to accept.

It seems in life there are people who learn with reason and others who learn the hard way. Since reason has long flown the coop in America, we are left with learning the hard way. It's one thing on an individual scale and quite another on a national scale. Clustersnafu.

It's like in Family Guy, when Peter Griffin is in denial about his dead fish and keeps feeding it.... "Here ya go, Lieutenant Shiny-Sides. It's okay, you don't have to eat it now. You're just sleepin'. You'll eat it later! You'll eat it later, Lieutenant Shiny-Sides!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: olaru12
What I find astonishing is that Trumps supporters say they will hold him to his campaign promises.

I say BS because they refuse to even look at his past and refuse to see his lack of character and sleezy business operations.

Not have they called him out on his cabinet picks

And you don't think that finding out if his pics work well and were the right choice is something to consider?

What if.........Trump has a few really smart folks helping him make some good decisions?

Why not give him a chance to fail before you hang the noose.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Because history works in cycles and it is easy to look at the past and past actions to see how the future will shape. It may not be the perfect gauge, but its one of the most reliable predictors we have. So if someone is acting in a way that history paints as a dark course of action that leads to unfortunate events, isn't it prudent to call them out before they get out of hand?

Why would you want to sit back and assume the best until it is too late to do anything else? The best rarely ever happens in reality.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What I find astonishing is that Trumps supporters say they will hold him to his campaign promises.

I say BS because they refuse to even look at his past and refuse to see his lack of character and sleezy business operations.

And you don't think that finding out if his pics work well and were the right choice is something to consider?

What if.........Trump has a few really smart folks helping him make some good decisions?

This wasnt the tune being sang when Obama was surrounding himself with Marxist.........why the double standard.....

People keep saying "what if" , "Maybe this isnt what it looks like", "hes just keeping his enemies closer"

Im more of the Occams Razor sort of guy, not to mention this is PERFECTLY in line with who weve said Trump is the whole time.....

So to me its no surprise hes surrounding himself with big money, big bankers, and generally swampy characters....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

First, his taxes are between him and the IRS. You have no right to see them or anyone elses. Everyone knew Trump was a different animal when they voted for him. Tradition/how it alway been done is one of the big problems in Washington. He will try to cleanse Washington but it is pretty grimey. When he knocks over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves he will have made a great start.

As far as his empire is concerned, he has a world wide real estate business with ties to Governments, businesses and indivuals. You can't set an ongoing cercern that big aside like you can a few stocks. It would be foolish of him or anyone else to liquidate such an enterprise.

As far as making decisions favorable to youself, what are you 12? Everyone does what is in their and secondly in their families insterest first. It's human nature. You just have to look at the attempted scorched earth the current dumb-ass in chief is doing. Big tantrum, witch-bitch didn't win so lets screw up as much as we can before we leave.

If I remember right, a lot of those lawsuits were result of incomplete or inadquite work by sub-contractors, who wanted to drag Trump into suit with contractor and bit off more than they could chew. If they had done the work they were contracted to do maybe they would have been paid. I wouldn't pay for it either.

Oh, it terible that a real estate business has loans with big bamks or Governments. You don't go to the local bank for hundreds of millions or billions of dollars for real estate projects of the type his firm does. A lot of Governments require a piece of the action or at least a few nationals be involved as well.

John McCain's and Lidsey Graham's heads will explode if we make peace with the Russians. It would be fun to watch.

I agree with Krauthammer: Trump should turn the UN into Trump Condos!

NATO should have been cut loose when the Berlin wall fell. We waste a lot of resources on it.

As far as the China loan is concerned, his business owes them. Get too high on their horse and they jepordise repayment ot the loan.

Finally, it is by 18 U.S.C. Section 202 specifically states, as relating to Section 208 which deals with financial interests:

“Except as otherwise provided in such sections, the terms ‘officer’ and ’employee’ in sections 203, 205, 207 through 209, and 218 of this title shall not include the President, the Vice President, a Member of Congress, or a Federal judge.”

So no conflict-of-interest. If he goes over some of the other prohabitions, it is up to Congress to decide and act on.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Obama has bold faced lied to us for 8 years, and you're worried if we can trust Trump?

Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I gave him a chance in the primaries and in his campaign. I could forgive almost everything and write it off as macho campaign rhetoric, but when he mocked and made fun of a disabled man with cerable palsy; he showed his true character and that type of arrogant, unfeeling trashy behavior has no place in the Presidency.

It also speaks volumes about his supporters if they can just casually ignore that BS.

I sincerely hope you or none of your family ever face a catastrophic illness or accident that leaves you disabled!!!
edit on 3-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Op. i have news. Everyone has a conflict of interest who becomes president. They have a interest to follow through on promises to voters. they have personal ones as well. As long as you are human you will have a conflict somewhere. the key is making sure it dont effect the country itself badly.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I gave him a chance in the primaries and in his campaign. I could forgive almost everything and write it off as macho campaign rhetoric, but when he mocked and made fun of a disabled man with cerable palsy; he showed his true character and that type of arrogant, unfeeling trashy behavior has no place in the Presidency.

It also speaks volumes about his supporters if they can just casually ignore that BS.

I sincerely hope you or none of your family ever face a catastrophic illness or accident that leaves you disabled!!!

Actually he didnt make fun of that guy. IF he was making fun of him he would had held his hand up liek the reporter whose hand is stuck in a posistion. It was a imitation of a generic reporter groveling. At least get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Actually he didnt make fun of that guy. IF he was making fun of him he would had held his hand up liek the reporter whose hand is stuck in a posistion. It was a imitation of a generic reporter groveling. At least get your facts straight.

That's just the lame ass excuse. It was plain as day what Trump did. Shall we review the video?
edit on 3-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

That's just the lame ass excuse. It was plain as day what Trump did. Shall we review the video?

Saw th evideo. Have you saw the reporter he supossedly mocked? And Others have seen him do that same motion way before this reporter so it was nto directed at him. You are letting your bias cloud the evidence. He did the same to ted cruz as well. is he retarded? Ive done th esame with stupid arm moves before. And I am mentally challenged as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I'll bite, and take just one wing of the business that could be ''problematic' : Turkey

The foundation for this one, is the pollitically motivated corruption charge levelled against the future Potus' business partner : this is the guy who enabled Trump's operation in Turkey, who brings him in millions of $, but who is out of favour with Edrogan...

It has to wondered : how sure can we be, that the future Potus, will think first about a US strategic partner (Edrogan), or, his business partner and own pocket.

Turkey does play a vital role in the US' Empire in the Middle East, after all.
Let's imagine ... for fun, Edrogan puts the rent up on military bases !

What would Potus' immediate, irrational, clumsy fingered Tweet be ?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Russia does not have businesses in China or Russia. Saudi Arabia might influence him to sell F-35 to Saudi Arabia. That's about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ive done th esame with stupid arm moves before. And I am mentally challenged as well.

Bless your heart. Knowing that, I'll cut you some slack!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Classy, If I don't vote for the criminal, I must hate the disabled. You might be an idiot if this is how you reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

This wasnt the tune being sang when Obama was surrounding himself with Marxist.........why the double standard.....

People keep saying "what if" , "Maybe this isnt what it looks like", "hes just keeping his enemies closer"

Im more of the Occams Razor sort of guy, not to mention this is PERFECTLY in line with who weve said Trump is the whole time.....

So to me its no surprise hes surrounding himself with big money, big bankers, and generally swampy characters....

For you and Krazyshot, how many mistakes has Trump made as president of the US so far? (hint, the answer is NONE, as he ins't the president yet.)

Once he is in office, and he will be, then we will see how things play out. Since I don't have Trumps ear and can't make any decisions for him, I only have the choice to hope for the best in this situation. I could go right for the despair and ruin train you guys seem to enjoy riding on, but dammit, things are already #ty enough without lumping things Trumps has yet to do on the pile of steaming # that already exists.

You will have plenty of time to bash him and call him out for poor decisions, but his pics might just work out to be something new and good. I know the lase 8 years sucked ass, so any change should be something to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

What he does with business and US policy are two different things.

The problem with the scenario is, we think of Turkey and Edrogan as a stragic partner.

Israel is our only friend in the Middle East.

We should quit trying to nation build and quit trying to force regime change. Let them fight amoung themselves. The wahhabis' are not our friends.

We screwed up Iraq by taking out Saddam Hussein. Taking out Muammar Gaddafi of Libya sure made it the go to vacation spot of the world, didn't it. We're doing our best to do the same to Bashar al-Assad and Syria.

We screwed up Iraq and now Syria so Qatar can sell natural gas to Europe. They don't want to have to buy it from Russia. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the US orchestrated overthrow in ukraine was to mess with Russia's gas sales.

We probably should have took out Riyadh Saudi Arabia if you really want peace in the Middle East.

If that's not enough, how about screwing around in Vietnam and Korea, to fight the "Red Menace". We sure showed them we could send our boys to die and no I'm not belittling their deaths. The MIC, politicians and collaborators in the media had the public scared we would be attacked any second that we allowed them to wage war to protect us from the, dunh dunh DUNH, "Red Menace". All those fall out shelters that were part of the security theater and all those stupid civil defense movies they made us watch.

I allow that Japan deserved the kick in the nads for bombing Pearl Harbor and Germany needed to be dealt with sooner than later but those kind of wars need to be exceptions not rules.

We need to rebuild our forces to protect and preserve the homeland, projecting power to safegaurd our shipping and citizens.

We are not the world police and it's about time other counties rely on their own taxpaers to fund their protection.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
no more of a conflict of interest than any other president,or politician, who owns stocks or who`s retirement account owns stocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join