It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflicts of interest, How can America trust Trump?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think one of the hardest things to understand about the election of Donald Trump, is that he has consistently proven he
is not honest or trustworthy. It is not like he has told one lie, or mistakenly mislead people, he has lied and twisted things pathologically.

We have a man who ran for president and we know very little about his financial ties and whether or not he is in debt or in business with other nations, foreign leaders or globalist operations. Donald Trump has still yet to release his tax returns, or provided America with a clear understanding of the web of businesses he has created which has been speculated to be near 500 to date.

To me this is very important because Trump will be required to make tough decisions that could gravely impact his own business positions and put our country in peril if these conflicts cloud his judgement. Would Trump make the best choices is that means damaging his own holdings, or destroying important business relationships?

Since we do not have much to work on we can only look at what we know.

Like Trump has been involved in 3,500 LAWSUITS in his life, and over 1,400 he was listed as the defendant, meaning people claimed he wrong them.

www.usatoday.com...

To me the worst of these are the cases were Trump did not pay workers, the very people who Trump claims to be championing. It is hard for me
to imagine or even understand how a self described billionaire would think it was ok to not pay people for hourly labor they did. When you hire an hourly laborer their is an implied and cultural expectation that you will be paid for your time, and to not pay these people regardless of the reason
indicates that Trump's honesty is once again in question.

www.usatoday.com...

There is also the notion that Trump presented himself as a Nationalist who will wrestle back American manufacturing from outsourcing,
but as I sure many of us know, Trump's suits and ties are made in Mexico, China and other countries. This point only serves to diminish the
blind trust we should put in Trump, as he himself has personally benefited from the outsourcing he claims to be against. This is another thing that
undermines the trust in Trump because he campaigned upon something he himself perpetuates.

heavy.com...

The largest point of liability in the Trump Presidency is the amount of money Trump's organization owe's foreign nations.

It is reported that Trump owes Chinese banks over half a Billion dollars

The state-owned Central Bank of China has loaned Trump hundreds of millions of dollars. The New York Times has reported that American companies owned by Trump have at least $650 million in debt and the Bank of China is among the lenders.

And of course there is Russia, not only has Trump hired men with extensive ties to Russia, but Trump himself has huge conflicts of interests as it pertains to Russia.

Donald Trump Jr.— the GOP nominee’s son and the VP for Development for The Trump Organization — told attendees at a real estate conference in New York City that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” Americans need to know how much money has poured into The Trump Organization from Russia and from whom. Sergei Millian, the president of the U.S. Russian Chamber of Commerce and friend of Trump, claims in 2016 the figure is in the hundreds of millions.

thehill.com...

How can America trust a man like Donald Trump, who is not even in office and already suffering from so many conflicts of interest and contradictions?

If Trump is challenged by China or Russia, what makes anyone think he wouldn't defer to what is best for his businesses? This is especially true with Russia and their aspirations to expand west and threaten NATO and UN allies. What will happen if Trump has to challenge his friends or business partners in Moscow?

I think Trump's presidency is mired with too many conflicts, far more than any president I can think of. Trump supporters, what makes you think Trump will be willing to damage his business holdings if it comes down to it?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I admire your bravery young blood...

But you're about to be Trumpled over by the cult.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yes I agree it is amazing.

We had Trump as you describe with many hidden/questionable possibilities.

And we had Hillary Clinton with most of her weaknesses exposed.

And both got more than 60 million votes.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What I find astonishing is that Trumps supporters say they will hold him to his campaign promises.

I say BS because they refuse to even look at his past and refuse to see his lack of character and sleezy business operations.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
UNfortunately, some people see Trump as their saviour and that he can do no wrong. He's the President now so all we can do is sit back and watch what happens with Trump at the helm. Get ready!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Boy, Hillary sure had a bunch of people brainwashed. They could not see her only interest was her desire to have power. Trump on the other hand is going to try to influence companies to create more jobs here in America. He wants to go down in history as a person who made America great again. Hillary just wanted to make us to falsely believe that our failing economic policy of consumerism is doing good.

I hate the deception the American people have had to live with the last twenty five years. The BS has been getting deeper and deeper for a long time.

We cannot keep going in the direction we were going in and that was Hillary's plan. It was the roaring twenties just before the great depression, but people are blind to history. Things have to be fixed right and we do not need a war to accomplish that.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What I find astonishing is that Trumps supporters say they will hold him to his campaign promises.

I say BS because they refuse to even look at his past and refuse to see his lack of character and sleezy business operations.

I sure hope people do not want to hold him to his campaign promises, that would be bad for our country. I was glad to see him getting more sensible.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Boy, Hillary sure had a bunch of people brainwashed. They could not see her only interest was her desire to have power. Trump on the other hand is going to try to influence companies to create more jobs here in America. He wants to go down in history as a person who made America great again. Hillary just wanted to make us to falsely believe that our failing economic policy of consumerism is doing good.

I hate the deception the American people have had to live with the last twenty five years. The BS has been getting deeper and deeper for a long time.

We cannot keep going in the direction we were going in and that was Hillary's plan. It was the roaring twenties just before the great depression, but people are blind to history. Things have to be fixed right and we do not need a war to accomplish that.

This is not about Hillary, Hillary lost.

This is about Donald Trump who is gonna have to make some serious decisions regarding Russia and China, and unfortunately he has a lot of money tied up with both countries. If both countries wanted to, they could attack Trump through his businesses, calling loans, blackmailing him or a whole host of other things. I just think no other president has ever been such a liability and walking target.

I have very little faith in Trump if he can't pay his hourly workers, or if he can't even make his own products here in the US.
It's almost like he said the things he said just so people would vote for him.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Not have they called him out on his cabinet picks

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No offense but I find this post highly ironic considering the bs that people bought about trump

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain
Conflicts of interest, How can America trust Trump?

As far as I can see, if you were loopy enough to vote for him, you'll have no trouble 'trusting' him!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

So all this would be posted from the other side if Hillary was elected.

You guys in these political threads are worse than sports fans.

Idea; the NFL Playoffs are comming up so pick a team and paint your face their colors and post the pic here.
Those that pick super bowl winners get to post videos of their celebration dance. Losers can post about how much they hate the winning team and complain that the refs rigged the game.

Bottom line, It will al be OK. The conservatives survived Obama. Liberals can survive Trump.

Go Raiders!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

they refuse to even look at his past and refuse to see his lack of character and sleezy business operations.

The Trump supporters I was around with for the holidays, and posters online, are making excuses for him, enabling him, and creating scenarios in their minds about him that are fantasy, wishful thinking. They are creating Trump in THEIR image, refusing to see him for who he is.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

No offense but I find this post highly ironic considering the bs that people bought about trump

It was so nice to see that Trump's deceptions were easy to see, not layered and layered in deceit. He is not an experienced politician who is trained in using multiple ad hominem techniques. I have been watching the lies for almost fifty years now, I was young when my dad told me that you can not always trust anything that comes out of the mouth of a politician. It actually was getting comical the way all the BS was flying in our political campaign this time, I hope foreigners do not thing all Americans are dumb enough to believe in all the crap that was said. The sad part is half of them do.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This post is a great example

Even though the story is completely false and I showed other articles telling what REALLY happened people are still denying the facts

"Omg Trump sends message to money in Washington"

No trump had his ego hurt because of an article someone wrote and kicked its author off his golf course, THE RRST chose to go with that gentleman instead of staying

The intellectual dishonesty is astounding

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: olaru12

they refuse to even look at his past and refuse to see his lack of character and sleezy business operations.

The Trump supporters I was around with for the holidays, and posters online, are making excuses for him, enabling him, and creating scenarios in their minds about him that are fantasy, wishful thinking. They are creating Trump in THEIR image, refusing to see him for who he is.

He is our president and if you say any threatening things against our president, the black trucks will come to your house.

I see him for who he is, the President of the United States of America, one of the most powerful countries on this planet. I know someone who made some weird comments about Obama and the local college on the net right before Obama came here. Boy did he go through hell. That was not a wise thing to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

So all this would be posted from the other side if Hillary was elected.

You guys in these political threads are worse than sports fans.

Idea; the NFL Playoffs are comming up so pick a team and paint your face their colors and post the pic here.
Those that pick super bowl winners get to post videos of their celebration dance. Losers can post about how much they hate the winning team and complain that the refs rigged the game.

Bottom line, It will al be OK. The conservatives survived Obama. Liberals can survive Trump.

Go Raiders!!!

I am not sure what your point is... Politics impact peoples lives in a major way, wars are forged and people can go without simply because of an election...

My point is that Trump has UNPRECEDENTED conflicts of interest, like never seen before in history which makes this
topic unique to Trump.

Right now China is flexing it's muscles and our new president is in the hole to them for half a billion.

Same with Russia, they are currently making huge geopolitical moves in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You forgot this:

Trump May Have a $300 Million Conflict of Interest With Deutsche Bank

“When you have political appointees making decisions about banks that the president owes a lot of money to, it looks terrible,” said Richard Painter, a law professor at the University of Minnesota who was the chief ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “The U.S. government is dealing with regulatory and criminal issues with the big banks all the time, and if he owes them a lot of money, there might be an incentive to favor less regulation and less enforcement for the banks.”
Bloomberg

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Of course we can't trust that imbecilic buffoon,but he never could be trusted despite the calls of his idiotic supporters.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I'm sure No one thought that Barack HUSSEIN Obama had conflict of interests either when he was elected, and no one made irrational predictions about how he was a Muslim with goals of destroy our country.

My point is No one man or woman has enough power to destroy this country. It is the lack of unity that will and the constant redefining of boundaries and finger pointing that will destroy us. I trusted the system with Obama and it worked. I will trust the system with Trump too.

Let's take individual responsibility for our actions and keep our noses clean and make the best of what we got. If war hits our nations homeland I don't think we will have time for these well he did this and I told you so crap. Lets be ready, because we were ment to live for so much more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join