It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Online classes will help you learn something new in 2017— and they’re all $10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Does anyone have any personal experience with Udemy? The article below states that classes that are normally 200+ dollars are only $10 for a limited time. Are these classes worth it?

www.businessinsider.com...-entire-mba-in-1-course- 1

13 Online classes will help you learn something new in 2017— and they’re all $10. Udemy is offering more than 17,000 classes on their site for $10 each. The deal starts today and continues through January 10.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know anything about those particular classes but udemy regularly offers classes of varying topics in the ~$10 range with coupons. Oftentimes you can even find free after coupon classes.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Worth is relative, but anyone who has taken online classes could tell you this much-
If you want to learn a new skill, and you have the resources required to take an online class (a computer, many hours of internet access, a couple dollars, spare time) you can learn far more on your own than you will in a course.
Remember, any class you find will be designed to teach a basic skill to the average person... And the average person thinks the average person is an idiot.

The hardest part in learning a skill these days is finding a skill you want to learn. Almost everything you could ever want to know about that skill is out there, and the internet makes it easy to find. Ten bucks and some spare time to scavenge free resources and research free knowledge is all it takes to try something new- how do you think people find their calling?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow, those classes look incredible. I'm taking one!

Please folks, let us know if this is a scam before I pay my 10 bucks!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I've started one, seems legit. Worst case scenario, you're out ten bucks and some free time, but for me that's a takeout meal and an evening in front of youtube anyways.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Have not used it yet but one of my instructors showed our class that site so it must be alright.
edit on 3-1-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

top topics

join