It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Battle you most likely never heard of, Battle for Castle Itter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just found this when I was searching google.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-1-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Bit more info please can't play video on my phone cheers.

oops missed the wiki cheers.
edit on 2-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Bit more info please can't play video on my phone cheers.

oops missed the wiki cheers.

Well that was fast.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

you need to paste p2KC_F-zEb4 into the YT drop down
from the wiki link

The Battle for Castle Itter in the Austrian North Tyrol village of Itter was fought on May 5, 1945, in the last days of the European Theater of World War II. Troops of the 23rd Tank Battalion of the 12th Armored Division of the US XXI Corps led by Captain John C. "Jack" Lee, Jr., a number of Wehrmacht soldiers, a Waffen SS officer who defected, and recently freed French POWs defended Castle Itter against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division until relief from the American 142nd Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division of XXI Corps arrived. The French prisoners included former prime ministers, generals and a tennis star. It may have been the only battle in the war in which Americans and Germans fought side-by-side. Popular accounts of the battle have called it the "strangest" battle of World War II.[2]

edit on 2-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From the wiki link.

The Battle for Castle Itter in the Austrian North Tyrol village of Itter was fought on May 5, 1945, in the last days of the European Theater of World War II.

Troops of the 23rd Tank Battalion of the 12th Armored Division of the US XXI Corps led by Captain John C. "Jack" Lee, Jr., a number of Wehrmacht soldiers, a Waffen SS officer who defected, and recently freed French POWs defended Castle Itter against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division until relief from the American 142nd Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division of XXI Corps arrived.

The French prisoners included former prime ministers, generals and a tennis star. It may have been the only battle in the war in which Americans and Germans fought side-by-side. Popular accounts of the battle have called it the "strangest" battle of World War II.[2]

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Just reading the wiki and it would make a good war movie.
Brave bugger the tennis player.

edit on 2-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanx.

top topics

join