It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP guts ethics panel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That would be Donald "Honest Don" Trump, purveyor of truth. Believe me.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'm giving him a chance. I'm not stopping him.

If it makes you feel better I doubt he cares what I have to say.

Doesn't mean I have to like the things he has done so far does it???

I'm not complaining about him flip flopping on some of his promises. But I'll point them out to those who actually should be upset by them to gauge their reaction. Which so far seems to be nothing. Also interesting..

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: xuenchen

Down with ETHICS!!! That damn Pelosi caring about ethics. There's one in every barrel. Usually a democrat.

LOL

Do you have the actual language?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: 3daysgone

This will be a big advantage for the Republicans, but if they think they are going to go all haywire with crap, now they have to answer to Trump.

Donald J. Trump???? President-Elect Trump? Just making sure we are talking about the same guy who used charity funds to buy a life sized painting of himself and a Tim Teebow Helmet while running a Fraud University that was the subject of a civil racketeering suit...THAT Trump?

lol. Calm down man. He is not even President yet. The Trump I am talking about is the one who everyone laughed at when he decided to run for President. You know. The one who just plowed through his competition like a hot knife through butter, while those who opposed him continued to deny the very possibility that he could win. He won. Like it or not, he actually won 3 times. I would say that makes him a lot smarter than the one's that said he couldn't do it. So...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: 3daysgone

The right wasn't tolerant toward Obama so I don't know why they expect it in return. That just seems presumptuous to me and kinda short sighted as well.

Either way us little people will get the crap end of it all anyway.

Screw the Little People!! Plunder everything they have Left!!! Leave their Homes and Lives in Ruin!!!
Long Live Our New Leader!!! For He Has the Best Brain and The Best Words and The Biggest Hands....and you know what that means!!!

The right wasn't the one's preaching tolerance. The left was. So if you don't practice what you preach.....

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) and Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) opposed the amendment to the House rules package, speaking out against it in the Monday evening conference meeting, according to two people in the room.

what?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

I'm giving him a chance. I'm not stopping him.

If it makes you feel better I doubt he cares what I have to say.

Doesn't mean I have to like the things he has done so far does it???

I'm not complaining about him flip flopping on some of his promises. But I'll point them out to those who actually should be upset by them to gauge their reaction. Which so far seems to be nothing. Also interesting..

Why is it that the only one's who seem to be the " upset" about it is the left. The left cried about him saying those things because, OMG, they are wrong. Remember? Now you are upset that he is not doing them? I think I have stepped into the twilight zone.

edit on 2-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) and Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) opposed the amendment to the House rules package, speaking out against it in the Monday evening conference meeting, according to two people in the room.

what?

created eight years ago

Hmmm. That's not suspicious at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sounds like a job for WikiLeaks!

edit on 2-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

just got here and Trump was my first thought. These guys are running scared. We always knew it wasn't one party, it was the whole dang good ole boys in congress that people keep voting in.

If Bob Goodlatte has not been investigated it needs to start now.

We also need to pay attention to those who vote for this amendment.

Good God will this never end? At least they are showing theirselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"Well, Bob, now that that's been taken care of, what's next?"
"We need to place an order for "Welcome Lobbyists" signs."
"I'll get right on it! It feels good to be back in business again!"

a reply to: xuenchen

So it is said. So it is said. As House leaders, they probably thought, "For Pete's sake, it would look bad." Or, at least their butts are covered with this "leak".

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
oh, don't worry, they will give them their teeth back before the dems gain power again!!!
but, heck, maybe trump will surprise us and protect the committee once he is in office.
at least we will know for sure just how much of his campaign was complete crap!!
(actually, after I posted this, I learned that trump probably doesn't really have much say about it... so I decided to come back and edit my post)

for those of you who are balking at the cnn article (which I read before I posted anything on this thread, and obviously missed something) maybe this link will be more to you liking.

www.bna.com...

edit on 2-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The OCE was created in March 2008 by then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) as part of her effort to “drain the swamp” of congressional corruption.

thehill.com...

Hmm I found that interesting. Looks like a Democrat used that term in 2008. This says it all for me. Take the OCE out.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Maybe because the Right has no principles anymore and are happy to turn the other way as long as they're in power and can do whatever they want.

Something like that.

BTW many on the Right have a problem with him too.
edit on 2-1-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Maybe because the Right has no principles anymore and are happy to turn the other way as long as they're in power and can do whatever they want.

Something like that.

BTW many on the Right have a problem with him too.

Not as many as you think have problems with him. That is what MSM want you to think. Whats that? The right has no principles anymore? Did we watch the same election? Did you forget what the Left did to Bernie? No Principles. The leaks that showed Hillary for her true nature. No Principles. I will agree that there is a big problem with all sides in congress, but the OCE is a sham.
edit on 3-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

How many campaign promises will it take for him to break for the trumpies to actually question him?.
Drain the swamp...nope.
Lock her up...nope.
Build the wall will be the next one.

He's not even president yet. He hasn't even started his term, nor has he reached the end of it. If one can only keep or break campaign promises outside of his term as president, then what's the point of a president? Obama is still president and leader of the free world, remember. If Trump were to keep his campaign promises before taking office he'd probably be in quite a bit of trouble.

Instead, Maybe we should question the sanity of the anti-Trumpies who spout absurdities such as this. Fools.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

In other news....27 foxes laid off from guarding the henhouse...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

How many campaign promises will it take for him to break for the trumpies to actually question him?.
Drain the swamp...nope.
Lock her up...nope.

Give the guy a break..... He is NOT even in office yet!

I have an idea...... why don't you wait until he gets sworn in before you start bitching at him.......

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Drain the swamp...nope.
Lock her up...nope.

He's not even president yet. He hasn't even started his term, nor has he reached the end of it. If one can only keep or break campaign promises outside of his term as president, then what's the point of a president? Obama is still president and leader of the free world, remember. If Trump were to keep his campaign promises before taking office he'd probably be in quite a bit of trouble.

Instead, Maybe we should question the sanity of the anti-Trumpies who spout absurdities such as this. Fools.

what is absurd about that post?

Trump used the swamp things and hired em. He made fun of his supporters chanting lock her up. and his wall is just gonna be another fence.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I totally agree. The DNC are nothing but a bunch of double crossing douche bags and evil snakes in the grass.

But we were talking about the right. The RNC with their so called Family Values and Principled stand and Traditions have thrown it all away for their new Orange King and Savior and his Mating call of "Grab em by the ....." well, you know the rest.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join