It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP guts ethics panel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Tardacus

Let the Plundering Continue then.....!!!

New and Improved. Now Without any oversight!!

Just like the Republicans want to make filming proceedings illegal

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

But you don't have to wait. Look at his Cabinet picks. Goldman Sachs, Big Oil, Billionaires and Real Estate Titans and Elitists.

These are the same people who have bribed and bought favors which has created the world and the government we have now which we can't stand. Now we actually put them in charge of it. How insane is that???

What they had to do on the sly in the past they can now do without anything stopping them. He's picked nothing but loyalists and other plunderers.

Let the Plundering Continue at full speed!!!! Leave nothing left for our enemies!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

I haven't heard about that.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: pirhanna

that my first thought also, how many people has this taxpayer funded committee actually caught doing unethical things?

Here is a list of 79 plus stories they let the Public know about that otherwise would have never seen the light of day...

topics.nytimes.com...

even if they did catch people they have no power to do anything to them,this committee sounds like a very expensive taxpayer funded full time private investigator.

They are obligated to let the public know when the evidence becomes substantial enough to ask for an official house investigation.

Making the public aware of the evidence is their unique strength..So congress can't smother and hide investigations.

That is precisely what the new rules are forbidding in addition to having them now report to the Congress they police.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yes...But the GOP are going to be constitutionally challenged on the forbidding video in congress bit.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

There is a reason Trump will not release his tax records...to make sure no one knows how much money he will make while in office. Imagine anyone else not releasing them...There would be uproar.
Btw does his appointed folk have to release theirs?.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You do know he is not even President yet, right? I am sure Obama is Plundering as much as he can before leaving office, but their will be things left for his enemies. Give it a chance first. Who knows you might like this President, but you have to be tolerant first, right? Isn't that what the left say?

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Yes...But the GOP are going to be constitutionally challenged on the forbidding video in congress bit.

They will control the procedure so it will be hard to challenge it considering how long the courts take.

I just hope some Democrats mans up and bring a gun and challenge the speaker to take the cell phone, I might run.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Shhh!

Now it will all be very hush hush. Can't have those reputations ruined and feelings hurt when they tell what they know.

Now THEY will answer to Congress. I guess they showed them, huh? Who's da man? Republican Congress, that's who!

Now they can run amuck with impunity. No worries. Sweep it under the rug, and move on to the next.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Indigo5

This will be a big advantage for the Republicans, but if they think they are going to go all haywire with crap, now they have to answer to Trump.

Donald J. Trump???? President-Elect Trump? Just making sure we are talking about the same guy who used charity funds to buy a life sized painting of himself and a Tim Teebow Helmet while running a Fraud University that was the subject of a civil racketeering suit...THAT Trump?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The right wasn't tolerant toward Obama so I don't know why they expect it in return. That just seems presumptuous to me and kinda short sighted as well.

Either way us little people will get the crap end of it all anyway.

Screw the Little People!! Plunder everything they have Left!!! Leave their Homes and Lives in Ruin!!!
Long Live Our New Leader!!! For He Has the Best Brain and The Best Words and The Biggest Hands....and you know what that means!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: 3daysgone

This will be a big advantage for the Republicans, but if they think they are going to go all haywire with crap, now they have to answer to Trump.

Donald J. Trump???? President-Elect Trump? Just making sure we are talking about the same guy who used charity funds to buy a life sized painting of himself and a Tim Teebow Helmet while running a Fraud University that was the subject of a civil racketeering suit...THAT Trump?

Lol! Don't forget the Saddam-esque statue of himself! He's so pretty! (Does he have a duck-tail?) lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Very slanted views coming from left-wing organizations like CNN and Politico. This move may very well be bad, but coming from radical left wing organizations, you can't trust it. GOP could cure cancer and the left would claim they only did it to help Big Pharma.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm laughing, but this is NOT a good thing. Even the implications of why they would want this, stinks.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well I see Nancy Pelosi is criticizing this.

That alone probably proves the change is worthy !!

By the way, where is the actual language ?

You know, so we can fact check the CNN and Politico stories.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Obama could capture and kill Osama Bin Ladin and Drone Muslims all day everyday and the GOP would still claim him to be Muslim and the founder of ISIS.

Go figure??

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Very slanted views coming from left-wing organizations like CNN and Politico. This move may very well be bad, but coming from radical left wing organizations, you can't trust it. GOP could cure cancer and the left would claim they only did it to help Big Pharma.

Get over it. This Congress has been completely impotent. Do you remember when Obama had to appoint an "Ebola Czar" during the great Ebola scare, because we didn't have a surgeon general? THEY wouldn't even approve his appointee. Couldn't even give the appearance of trying to help the country.
They are idiots. They can't even cure their own stupidity.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: 3daysgone

The right wasn't tolerant toward Obama so I don't know why they expect it in return. That just seems presumptuous to me and kinda short sighted as well.

Either way us little people will get the crap end of it all anyway.

Screw the Little People!! Plunder everything they have Left!!! Leave their Homes and Lives in Ruin!!!
Long Live Our New Leader!!! For He Has the Best Brain and The Best Words and The Biggest Hands....and you know what that means!!!

It's sad that before Trump has even put his hand on the Bible.

That you have prejudged Trump will be a failure in Office.

We gave Obama a chance. You seem to have no hope.

It's a New Year. Maybe Trump can turn this Country around.

I would hate to have no hope. Why not give Trump a chance ?

He will surely fail if he never gets a chance.

I'm not saying he will fix anything, but I hope and pray he will.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Down with ETHICS!!! That damn Pelosi caring about ethics. There's one in every barrel. Usually a democrat.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Like that committee did anything to rein in the members of Congress....

If anything, it was a scapegoat... a venue to hold accountable by either side, when they failed to root out Ethics violations from the body that provided paychecks to this neutered entity....

Drain the swamp? Yes... it's a start....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join