It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all VR people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
》Meaning, Virtual Reality

I have the s7 edge and the Oculus VR Gear but zero people to play with because none of my friends on Facebook have it.
So I was hoping to find some fellows here, instead. I don't really know much about it yet, and have played with it a bit but would love suggestions on games or maybe what kind of Bluetooth controller you think would be cool to use with my set up/what has worked well for you and yours. Thanks in advance as always.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

i have a gearvr and a rift...nice to meet ya

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I have the HTC Vive.. Slowly but surely, more and more people are moving towards the VR movement... I got a sweet bundle deal for my gaming PC and HTC Vive..

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My screen name is CrownedInVictory--add me!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have a Note 4 and the Gear VR. I haven't tried many games. I've been playing with the 3D and 360 movies.

There are a lot of Side By Side and 360 movies on YouTube. Before the holidays, I was working on converting some 3D Bluray movies from my collection to SBS. Specifically, Xmen Apocolypse, Captain America Civil War, and Avengers Age of Ultron. Still working on it I guess. So far, I rate my results about C+. Here is what I would consider an A:

I've tried several programs for the conversion. I swear a lot of them are the same program with different shells. Anyway, best results so far are with iFastime Video Converter. It had trouble reading the Avengers AoU disc, but I seem to get the best 3D effect using Top and Bottom rather than Side by Side. imElfin Blu-Ray ripper seems to be the best at reading the 3D discs, but doesn't convert to TB format. But nothing I've tried gives as good a result as shown in the YouTube video above. I wish I knew how they did it.

I have a Red Samurai bluetooth controller. So far, it seems pretty compatible with the Gear VR.
edit on 3-1-2017 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I wish they would remake classics like sonic the hedgehog original trilogy all the Mario games etc in modern vr graphic and sound to where u become the respective character ruining and jumping in the first person. I would hands down buy a vr set up if that was made a thing, as a kid playing those games I always wished that id be able to play them in that fashion, nights into dreams would be another amazing vr title

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That would be a dream come true for sure. For now, though 3ds isn't bad to play them on.

As for the VR, out of what I've tried I like Ocean Rift and Temple Run is fun, but the controls are a bit touchy. The scary apps are good, but I can't wait till more games come out.

It's a shame that Eagle Flight by Ubisoft is 40 dollars, otherwise I would probably love that. but the graphics don't seem that great for the money. Looks cool, though. I'd rather spend that money on a 3ds game, for the time being, but perhaps I will end up getting it eventually since I do love the idea of being able to fly in VR.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ok , added you to oculus

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Dont think many people have VR, and those that do it seems that they ween off it after a while.

Mostly I have not even thought on it. I think the problem stems from content, just not enough games out on it or the various VR systems. That and they rushed some things ie like in the whole Morpheus VR headset for the PS4, from what I heard it does not even support higher resolutions on games.

Basically you know that come a year from now, there will be the better and upgraded versions of these headsets and plenty of other games out there as well. While the technology is cool I just don't think that many people are impressed by the games out on it right now to warrant dropping the cash on it. You could have the fanciest most high tech gear in the world but if it has no content. Whats the point? And it does not help that its actually faster to upgrade tech then it takes to actually make good games, new tech comes out like every year or sometimes month, a good game comes out maybe once a year if that.

Or maybe I will just wait till they develop some that hook up directly into your neural cortex VR sets. Ah whatever.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If not exactly being a blue furry hedgehog going at super sonic speeds. But something along those lines of a game that lets you or makes you feel that your going at those speeds or in those crazy sonic the hedgehog levels, would be extremely cool way better then any rolercoaster. You know what, forget it. Make a sonic the hedgehog VR game.

Also nights into dreams sort of game would really be something in VR. The whole free flying experience thing really sounds that it was made for VR, if you could play as the jester would be even cooler.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird
When I was a kid Sega had a third party company making a vr headset that made those claims you would be able to do those things... Then it launched and was garbage, dreams.., shattered.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Which one of you guys am I currently friends with on Oculus? One person has added me. Just so I have a point of reference as to who it is that I am friends with if you don't mind
Thank you!!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

oh i was hoping he was talking about VR Diablo or DBZ

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Teotihuacan
I may have to buy vr and a PC just to play scorn and the one game where your in hell I forget the name of it. Lol my ideal vr experience is alot like my nightmares only while I'm awake and in control, go figure?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Same! I totally understand. That game sounds awesome. If you remember the title of it please do tell!

new topics

top topics

join