It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission: Impossible - Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Are secrets the silver bullet to debunking all conspiracies? What about conflicting interest, someone will spill the beans, right? In the age of hackers, where is the emails with proof? Can these presuppositions be defeated? Background diner audio from www.freesfx.co.uk...

When talking with skeptics. Often I have heard the argument that conspiracy X can be dismissed out of hand because conspiracy X is too big to keep secret. Is the argument too big to keep secret a nail in the coffin to conspiracies? In the video linked I give my counter argument to "Too big to keep secret"
edit on 2-1-2017 by imaginarydebates because: Notice from ATS

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

edit on 2017-01-02T15:24:31-06:002017Mon, 02 Jan 2017 15:24:31 -0600bMonday2401America/Chicago173 by corblimeyguvnor because: Just coz

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: imaginarydebates

Silver bullets? No.. It could be simple truths proving or disproving a conspiracy. Secrets... No. Could be a ton of real, voluminous proofs that just aren't widely accepted ...and known already... Certainly not secret when millions know of the evidence... And it's not a secret.

Secrets as a single answer/definition/conclusion to some conspiracies... Might only be for a few... But most have lots of facts and opinions... Just not accepted... Yet.

Life has no real "secrets". Only undiscovered fallacies and truths...either proving or disproving the issue. Hey? "The truth is out there"...and no secret... You just gotta find it

MS
edit on 2-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

IF you view the video. I agree with pretty much everything you said. I was not trying to debunk conspiracies with a silver bullet, but show why that argument "too big to keep secret," is false.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Understood.. Yet we'll always have those that will always believe in hidden secrets as the real answers they are looking for!

The answers to life's mysteries is already defined... One must learn to discern and recognize them.

Best,

MS

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: imaginarydebates
Background diner audio from www.freesfx.co.uk...

Was the entire point of your post to attempt to disguise that SPAM?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I'm not the brightest person, what do you mean by spam?
My best attempt to address what I think you mean is, my point was to share my thoughts on the topic "too big to keep secret". Secondarily my point was to see how others reacted to this, and see if I what thought about it could stand up to criticism.

edit on 3-1-2017 by imaginarydebates because: bad english

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

link fixed

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: imaginarydebates
a reply to: namelesss

I'm not the brightest person, what do you mean by spam?
My best attempt to address what I think you mean is, my point was to share my thoughts on the topic "too big to keep secret". Secondarily my point was to see how others reacted to this, and see if I what thought about it could stand up to criticism.

I saw a post with a "seemingly" 'other' website thrown in in the middle.
I've seen that before and, perhaps, jumped the gun.
If so, please forgive.
If not, then no forgiveness necessary.

So the site was your site? With your thoughts?
Unless you said that it was your site. that might still qualify as SPAM.
I'm not a cop, spam or not, I've already given this too much bandwidth..
Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
As a blanket silver bullet to disprove all conspiracies? No, not at all. Like in your video, the idea of corporations keeping secrets is probably the best example of secret keeping. Now imagine the corporations had a military structure enforced with keeping the secrets in addition to the teams of lawyers. It's not hard at all for me to believe that secrets can be kept almost indefinitely.

On another note, look at data dumps of declassified documents that governments release. Those secrets usually seem to have been kept rather well.

new topics

top topics

join