It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blasts Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel for record-setting 762 homicides

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Willtell
Be safe and stay out of those rough neighborhoods. Don't even drive through them

Hopefully the 12th floor at the Drake will insulate me enough from the violence and blood shed.

Unfortunately it won't insulate you from Chef Hansie's strudel.
I have an old and best friend that did his apprenticeship there
at the Drake. He never saw a gun on the Miracle Mile.

Also unfortunate is how bad the public transportation in the city
has degenerated. When you can't get away it will eat you.
Now we're 35 or so years older, Bobby and me... and we'll have a
couple of stories that will straighten out your hair about how bad
it is due to get.
I don't expect you to listen any more than the last visitor. May your
visit be uneventful; but stay in the lights of The Mile...jhn knows too.
He moved to Cascadia-- me, not quite so lucky but away anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anyone tell those guys #BLM or Nah?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'd like to know what record was set?
The record is 970 murders set in 1974, followed by 943 in 1992,
and between 1970 and 1982 they averaged over 800 murders a year.
"Record-setting year" my arse!
It's just a lot compared with the last 14 years when Chicago averaged under 500 murders a year.
I blame millennials.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah, beautiful if you love the hue of concrete. There are other "beautiful" cities.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

It is funny because they argue out of both sides of their mouths. In one hand they complain about the gun violence but then on the other they dont want to prosecute to the fullest extent of law because of the associated "institutional racism".

Something like 80% of the victims and shooters are known thugs and gang members. Catcing a gun charge in chicago is common place. Unless they can tie you to a body, they just let it slide for the most part.

The scary part though to me is that the typical age of the shooters is like 15 now. This is some boy soldier in africa BS now.

I dont think the community nor the politicians have the balls to really do what needs to be done. It is a no win situation in short term because if the police says lock em up and throw away key, the grandmas and baby mamas in the community will then start complaining as the thugs are family members, cousins, uncles, etc. Damned if you, damned if you dont.

One solution is to use the National Guard to close the open air drug markets and then put Chicago under curfew from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. and pick up everyone who violates the curfew. Open the FEMA camps and have a prosecutor and judge hold court daily, curfew, drug and gun violations go to prison or a 30-60 sentence on a chain gang like the old days...make them rebuild the city they destroyed. I think a lot of the small players would throw the big operators under the bus if motivated with a get out of jail free card and some cash.....hell, Rahm could suddenly find himself answering hard questions for Trump's DOJ.

edit on 2-1-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Two Things

1) I wonder when the "volunteer" police departments are going to get off their asses and do something instead of complaining about Black Lives Matter and how much people disrespect them.

2) When are states, like my home state of Indiana, going to do something to help keep guns from going across state lines and into criminal hands in other states?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Seriously, the police will not put their lives on the line when the city government won't stand behind them and tell the ACLU to take a hike, secondly, how in the world do you propose that Indiana stop people crossing the Illinois border with a weapon....check points, show me your papers...maybe have Rahm give the interstate gangbangers the warning Obama gave Putin...."cut it out."

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sometimes youze yanks make me lol - why is it that when ever facts are presented, the butthurt attack the messenger instead of the message?

Oh, I know why - because it's usually a one-way street with this sort of thing - all of 2016 has shown me that the DNC and it's trickle-down affiliates cannot govern America properly, whether at a Federal, State or local level and imo this is because they appear to only pay lip-service to their supporters instead of actually making things truly better for everyone.

How many decades has Chicago been a disaster zone?

I'm assuming you're all aware that overseas holiday-goers are advised to avoid certain parts of the US yeah? you're aware that Chicago is at the top of the recommendation list yeah?

BUT, because Trump echoes the stats, the butthurt don't like it because he suggests Federal help - which couldn't be any worse that what is currently being done.

Maybe the L.E.O's should be given 24hrs to undertake a PURGE.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Chicago has been under Democrat control for 84 years... maybe it's time for new management?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Your post is one of the most digusting things I've read in a long time. I sincerely hope you never find yourself on welfare through no fault of your own. Sick individual.

I get that from time-to-time.

I find it unfortunate that there are some folks who are just too dumb to see that doing it your way doesn't work, it's never worked, and can't be made to work. They fail to realize what human nature devolves down to.

And yet ... I'm at fault for calling a spade a spade.

Hahahahahahahaha

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Trump has a master plan: "stop and frisk"

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Chicago has been under Democrat control for 84 years... maybe it's time for new management?

Why? I live in a country where politicians and parties pay for their mistakes. Apathy and stagnation equals failure.

The problem is that the people doing the killing and being killed - typically uneducated, poor black people, are also disenfranchised from society, so probably don't do much voting. So long as the violence does not spill over into the more affluent parts of town with the decent schools and the employment the politicians won't care.

Anyway, I say this as an outsider looking in.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

Seriously, the police will not put their lives on the line when the city government won't stand behind them and tell the ACLU to take a hike, secondly, how in the world do you propose that Indiana stop people crossing the Illinois border with a weapon....check points, show me your papers...maybe have Rahm give the interstate gangbangers the warning Obama gave Putin...."cut it out."

No one forced police to join their ranks. If they can handle all the job offers why the hell are they their other then to mooch off taxes?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So you see the deaths and rise in gun violence as a result of the police not doing their jobs.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Are laws being enforced?

Seems to me, if criminals aren't afraid of the consequences of their actions, then they would see no reason to change.

Yes and No

Right now, Chicago Police are not really looking for offenders ahead of time.

They act as reactionaries only.

Lawsuits are the problem.

Aren't you the one that's posted more than once about CPD's "black site" program?

But now you're blaming lawsuits for the corruption in CPD?

Seriously?!?

The Homan Square facility is for people being interrogated and/or arrested.

Strictly reactionary.

And that "program" has slowed down too because of the recent highlighting.

Sounds like you are a big reactionary too.

Chicago sued for 'unconstitutional and torturous' Homan Square police abuse

If they guys name was Bush instead of Rahm they would be screaming ABU GRAIB!

'Crickets'.
edit on 2-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you see the deaths and rise in gun violence as a result of the police not doing their jobs.

Reduced policing can cause a rise in gun violence. The US vs Them mentality of police isnt helping public relations either meaning less people willing to step forward in high crime areas. Meaning less people caught and leading to more violence. Community policing has been shown to work but the officers need to be in on it not just the citizens.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Chicago is a direct result of decades of rule by democrats. There is no more corrupt, criminal city in this entire nation. And it is only going to get worse.

I have lived in Chicago or the near suburbs off and on most of my life. This is not new, but it is different than it used to be. The gangs are showing much more control over the city than they used to. They now own as many police and judges as the politicians do.

But the biggest problem of all, and I have been saying this for decades now, is the failed policy of attacking the tools used rather than the people using them. I can sum that up with a true story from my high school years.

I had a friend who got himself killed in Chicago one night by a street gang. One other teen got himself killed that night as well. My friend was beaten to death with baseball bats. The news said he was killed by a gang. It was a brutal death he did not deserve. The other teen killed that night was a gang member shot by a rival gang. But the news said he was killed by a gun, not a gang.

There were all kinds of stories going around about how cartoons were too violent. When I was young Speed Racer was taken off the air because it was too violent. And the music, God help us, the music. Heavy Metal makes normal teenagers commit murder or suicide.

But this is the part that really bugged me. A lot of people blamed movies and music and television for the death of the teen that got shot. They said it was bad role models and access to firearms that killed him. My friend was just as dead. His family was just as hurt. So were his friends. No one blames Louisville Slugger. No one said Ernie Banks was a bad role model. No one blamed baseball. It was a gang that killed my friend, not a role model or a tv show. But the other teen, it wasn't a gang, it was a gun. An inanimate object that seemingly went off on its own for no reason. The news hardly mentioned the other gang when they talked about it. It was always the gun's fault.

And now forty years later we are still blaming the guns instead of the people using them. Of course now along with the stupidity of democrats we also have political correctness which prevents us from telling the truth: black people are killing each other and blaming white oppression for the deaths.

Just like islamic terrorism, this problem will never be resolved if we cant even call it what it is. Democrats will never do it. It would mean admitting to decades of failed democrat policy. They would rather have piles of corpses in the streets than admit they were wrong. Truth puts them out of office. Piles of corpses in the streets lets them sing the "Won't someone think of the children" song for the television cameras. And that is all that matters to them. If the deaths were really an issue don't you think jesse jackass and al sharpton would be there screaming their fool heads off? The only time you hear from them is when there is an opportunity to blame white people. Sorry, but that is the bottom line.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder . . . have they tried banning guns yet?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The Chicago papers say that 85 percent of the children in those same public schools and in our former bungalows live under the poverty level. Nearly 80 percent of black children are illegitimate -- and most, fatherless.

(cont.)

In contrast to my years growing up, behind that beautiful montage are neighborhoods that look like ours (in fact, they have the same bungalows) but are not. Those houses are, for the most part, not real family homes -- there are no fathers, and fewer and fewer married mothers.

Solve that, and find out where the plethora of guns is coming from, and train more women to say "No" to unmarried sex and more men to say "Yes" to fatherhood -- and you'll solve the murder problem.

www.yahoo.com...

Not exactly rocket science here...

The problem besides the "how" aspect, is that solutions cost money. So wonder why local or national government doesn't seem to make a big, or any issue about it? Yeah....so an actual answer or solution is too expensive. The state of some public schools, for example.

Even if there is some sort of "top down" approach, that doesn't do anything to actually address the problem and causes.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

No one forced police to join their ranks. If they can handle all the job offers why the hell are they their other then to mooch off taxes?

Pyle, I detect a real attitude about the Chicago police...or is it all police? This has been a record year for deaths of law enforcement officers and I attribute it directly to Obama and the DOJ for their inappropriate responses to police shootings of minorities. The police have rules of engagement that are reasonable for a civilian police force, however, Obama has essentially stated that police are racist and it might be alright to take matters into their own hands if they are confronted by a racist threat. Obama then saddled the Chicago P.D. with a DOJ oversight team and an ACLU mandate.

Civil society is important and we need our police.....unless you are a trained and armed individual willing to defend yourself and others at the expense of another life....well you get the drift. The issue is not the police being unwilling to do the job, it's the job being unwilling to support them in their efforts....it was never about the money.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join