It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blasts Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel for record-setting 762 homicides

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Wouldn't be surprised after learning about nuclear testing on the populace of the Marshall islands...
They don't care do they governments.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Donald Trump used his Twitter bully pulpit" What's that mean? It seems like a diss. If it is, pretty bias. Can't even try to do a good thing : /

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Honestly I think the main reason nothings been done is because theres no money in it......

I think its even worse than that. I think the politicians tolerate it because they've figured out how the twist it and blame their political opponents and, since it wins them votes, nothing substantive gets done.
edit on 2-1-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Or they want them to kill each other off.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That isn't part of Obama's legacy, is it?

geez...look up how many years Chicago has had an inordinate amount of gun deaths....it's been going on for decades

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Certainly a fair point. While I think some of Obama's actions, particularly in his 2nd term, have caused more harm than good, its definitely unfair to say that he's the source of the problem. As you say, violent crime in Chicago and other inner cities has been a major issue for decades.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Police and city officials have lamented the flood of illegal guns into the city, and the crime statistics appeared to support their claims: Police recovered 8,300 illegal guns in 2016, a 20 per cent increase from the previous year.

That moment Rahms party isn't so hot for open borders, but then again.

In places like Chicago all guns are illegal unless the state owns them.

Wasn't Rahm there for his ex boss's Fast and Furious ?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What you are seeing is the implosion of the black community socially and culturally from 50 years of progressive policies and ineffective black leadership.

The gun violence is just a symptom of the larger problem of cultural and social dysfunction promoting tribalism, irresponsibility, ignorance, criminality, and all manner of cooning and buck dancing.

Chicago gets a bad rap on the sheer number of bodies but the reality is this buffoonery is going on in predominately poor black communities of all sizes. On a per capita basis chicago is not the most dangerous city. Detroit. Baltimore. New orleans. Baton rouge. DC. Milwaukee. Even little hick towns with a small black populations will see high concentrations of murder and mayhem.

This isnt a chicago problem but a national emergency of epic proportion. However, liberals and everyone are afraid to have a real and honest conversation.

While there are certainly some thinfs on the preriphery like the economy and drug laws rhat could help, the reality is that this problem can only be solved internally within the black community once they accept that the issue is one of culture. It will take generations to cure.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are laws being enforced?

Seems to me, if criminals aren't afraid of the consequences of their actions, then they would see no reason to change.

Yes and No

Right now, Chicago Police are not really looking for offenders ahead of time.

They act as reactionaries only.

Lawsuits are the problem.

Aren't you the one that's posted more than once about CPD's "black site" program?

But now you're blaming lawsuits for the corruption in CPD?

Seriously?!?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

As a person who's from Chicago, I can attest that it's as horrible as a place as it sounds.... Violence all over, it spills into the nice areas (Gold Coast/Lincoln park/River North/etc).. Way too many liberals... Stupid gun laws that do nothing... Corrupt politicians.. Horrible tax rate.. Crappy infrastructure... but the food was/is awesome, i miss that...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's estimated that Chicago has 70,000 gang members who are organized in multiple factions and are doing business in some of the largest open air drug markets in this country. The heroin problem in Chicago has skyrocketed in the last couple years with coke and weed coming in from the Mexican cartels. The situation is solvable but it will take a zero tolerance approach for gang membership, guns and drug possession. Personally, I think Rahm and the liberal power structure are making a fortune running the city and the first thing that needs to be done is eliminate the drug money....or elect a new mayor like Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte .

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

It is funny because they argue out of both sides of their mouths. In one hand they complain about the gun violence but then on the other they dont want to prosecute to the fullest extent of law because of the associated "institutional racism".

Something like 80% of the victims and shooters are known thugs and gang members. Catcing a gun charge in chicago is common place. Unless they can tie you to a body, they just let it slide for the most part.

The scary part though to me is that the typical age of the shooters is like 15 now. This is some boy soldier in africa BS now.

I dont think the community nor the politicians have the balls to really do what needs to be done. It is a no win situation in short term because if the police says lock em up and throw away key, the grandmas and baby mamas in the community will then start complaining as the thugs are family members, cousins, uncles, etc. Damned if you, damned if you dont.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Apparently only against law abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's a national embarrassment. How did Ray Nagin once define it? A Chocolate City?

It's not hard to fix a problem like that. Cut off all social programs. The problem will sort itself out completely if it's not artificially sustained. People go back to work for a living and they'll find out the haven't got time for such nonsense. That ... or they'll starve.

What about people who can't find work? Or those who are genuinely good people but who have fallen on hard times, or are born into difficulty situations they can't just waltz out of?

Your post is one of the most digusting things I've read in a long time. I sincerely hope you never find yourself on welfare through no fault of your own. Sick individual.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are laws being enforced?

Seems to me, if criminals aren't afraid of the consequences of their actions, then they would see no reason to change.

Yes and No

Right now, Chicago Police are not really looking for offenders ahead of time.

They act as reactionaries only.

Lawsuits are the problem.

Aren't you the one that's posted more than once about CPD's "black site" program?

But now you're blaming lawsuits for the corruption in CPD?

Seriously?!?

The Homan Square facility is for people being interrogated and/or arrested.

Strictly reactionary.

And that "program" has slowed down too because of the recent highlighting.

Sounds like you are a big reactionary too.

Chicago sued for 'unconstitutional and torturous' Homan Square police abuse

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Was offered a job for just about double to move to Chicago.....turned it down without a second thought.

That's too bad. Chicago is a beautiful city. The real issue is the gang-stricken streets of the south side. These dangerous problem areas make the entire city look bad. And yes, strictest gun laws in the nation, but, regardless, the root of these gang wars is drugs and there is a current wave of heroin and meth invading the streets of America!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
over %80 of the murder victims in Chicago had a previous criminal record, the police don`t want to risk their lives by trying to stop criminals from killing each other and they don`t want to risk their careers by having to deal with the media lies and BLM lies every time they kill a criminal in self defense.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Chicago cops have so many restrictions put on them by the bureaucrats, civil rights 'activists' and even the ACLU that they simply don't give a crap anymore.

Frankly, I would do the minimum and respond to 911 calls and that would be about all. Anything more and you risk getting sued, shot at and spit on for 'doing your job'. I don't blame the cops one bit.
edit on 2017/1/2 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Was offered a job for just about double to move to Chicago.....turned it down without a second thought.

That's too bad. Chicago is a beautiful city. The real issue is the gang-stricken streets of the south side. These dangerous problem areas make the entire city look bad. And yes, strictest gun laws in the nation, but, regardless, the root of these gang wars is drugs and there is a current wave of heroin and meth invading the streets of America!

Yeah. Chicago is a beautiful and clean city. The violence that makes the news is mainly concentrated on west and southsides. The areas are a good 10 miles from downtown chicago. These are neigjbirhoods that are no where near business or tourist areas. It isnt like gangs are having weekly shootouts on michigan ave or the lakefront.

Avoiding a job or chicago shows ignorance if the actual situation

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

In continuation of this post. I might add that the Feds can actually help... by cracking down on illegal immigration. You start cracking down on illegals from Mexico, you'll start to see a drop in the drug trafficking. Right now, we have a government that turns a blind eye to it, so there's a free-for-all of hardcore drugs coming in. The problem of these drugs is hitting epidemic levels right here in my neck of the northwoods of Wisconsin and with overdoses happening every other day in such a small community, it's shocking. These drugs are coming into this area from Minneapolis and Milwaukee, but ultimately, from Chicago!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join