It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Closer Look Back at 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Would be cool if you guys compared Alex Jones' diatribes and hysterical radio or online or tv rants against Seth Meyers.....and then tell us all why you think "Alex" has the upper hand on truth and common sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was just offered up as a video that takes a closer look at recent events......and does so with humor and integrity. You not appreciating the humor and levity does IN NO WAY detract from the raw absurdity that the video highlights.

Deal with it.
Those. Things. Happened.

Feel free to 'dub' the same images yourself, like they do in "Bad Lip Reading".........(which is also hilarious). Use your 'freedom of speech' to dissect the videos in the segment, and narrate them with your own point of view.

I'll be excited to see what you come up with.

But won't anticipate it being entertaining or humorous in the least.
At.
All.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Pardonne,

I don't see anything humorous about my gubment's current polices
At.
All.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Mocking politicians is low-hanging fruit, and not especially radical when done by someone making vast sums of money from corporate media giants. Satire should challenge the audience's prejudices, not confirm them. On that account, Seth Myers is mediocre.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The piece is hilarious, and you, even with your psuedo-intellect, damn well know it.
You're just "jealous" that his writers are so much better than you(rs).
edit on 1/2/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It SHOULD be funny. However, given that this man is part of the establishment that was just defeated, there is no humor within the survivors of this debacle left to be played upon.

Myers is only hurting himself by trying to makes jokes like this from the losing side, this soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Would be cool if you guys compared Alex Jones' diatribes and hysterical radio or online or tv rants against Seth Meyers.....and then tell us all why you think "Alex" has the upper hand on truth and common sense.

What "you guys" are you even talking to? AJ is derided far and wide on ATS. I've only seen a handful of members that push his crap, and nobody in this thread.

It would be cool if people could debate without emotional strawman arguments but hey, here we are.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The piece is hilarious, and you, even with your psuedo-intellect, damn well know it.
You're just "jealous" that his writers are so much better than you(rs).

What is hilarious is not the piece, but your insistence that it is. All I see is the markings of the Pavlovian response to laugh when others do, in typical conformist fashion.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I recall the hall wait. I really thought Trump was being gracious and compassionate to wait with Carson. Someone else may have another take but....

BTW, thanks for the vid OP

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Yay more political punditry from a late night talk show host.
I can't believe people actually watch this garbage. Let alone find anything of substance in it.

Yeah, Seth Meyers is a bore. Sad thing is, you can tell from the look in his eyes that even he knows he's not funny.
Meyers made the mistake that many celebrities made last year - by chosing a side and being condenscedingly self righteous about it.
For comedians especially, that's not their job. Their job is it to go after both sides equally with the same amount of mockery and ridicule. Noone should be exempt.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna
Yes indeed pirhanna. Authoritarianism or even totalitarianism would have been a much better choice of words. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

It SHOULD be funny. However, given that this man is part of the establishment that was just defeated, there is no humor within the survivors of this debacle left to be played upon.

Myers is only hurting himself by trying to makes jokes like this from the losing side, this soon.
So very lame.
That all you got?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Yeah, Seth Meyers is a bore. Sad thing is, you can tell from the look in his eyes that even he knows he's not funny.

So.....you have no idea of his background, and why he has this show...and why he looks like he's reading the teleprompter --- because you have no idea about popular culture. SNL, sir. "Weekend Update."

Spoof newscasting....

Except that Seth is telling you what really happened.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I don't know.. people are too offended to laugh anymore..

the world is freaking funny. You can laugh or cry in between molding it in your image.

I laugh my ass off.

I was kind of expecting some one else bringing up how goofy it looked when sanders summoned a bird, or when Hillary went full old lady disconnect using people cringy with the pokemon go reference.. The "Closet" meeting...

Gawd laugh people this guy is making fun of the things you don't like.. the mainstream media mainly, and the dummies running for president..

AND to top it off the humor was all real video clips.. Nothing added in.. Just 2016 was goofy haha.. That's it..
edit on 3-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Mocking politicians is low-hanging fruit,

Mocking and taking advantage of low-hanging fruit is fundamental to the art of comedy.

and not especially radical when done by someone making vast sums of money from corporate media giants.

Does a comedian's income, success or employer inform your basic sense of humor?

Satire should challenge the audience's prejudices, not confirm them.

Satire should be whatever the comedian wants it to be. That's the beauty of the art.

Seems to me that you are so entrenched in your political bubble that you cannot even enjoy a good laugh, yet have the balls to chastise others as being conformists.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Omg! I actually agree with you for once! Comedy is comedy, one knows it is being said in satire to evoke a laugh. Even when you disagree with the 'reality', the joke is in the accumulative of having a fun discourse. Too many folks, of all walks of life, are losing their sense of humour!

I have to admit too many our becoming to thin skinned. Just laugh...the next joke will not be about you...it cycles. Enjoy life and see a joke as a joke...they are not newscasters spouting their interpretations of....cough..cough...FACTS!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Are you serious? Alex Jones has been the king and MC and main man on ATS for a couple of years now.

He SHOULD be derided, and it's about time he is!!!

He is a snake-oil salesman.
So - if one day ATS actually bans "Infowars" and "Prisonplanet" and "Alex Jones" as a reputable source, then I will take it more seriously.

As long as you all persist in peddling lies and sensationalism, and alarmist bullcrap, and acting like Alex and Rush and Glenn and Sean and Bill and all your boys are actually INTELLIGENT INVESTIGATORS and REAL JOURNALISTS, I will continue to mock and ridicule and recommend that they be banned from ATS as legit sources.

GLP, BIN, Sorcha Faal, etc......

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Omg! I actually agree with you for once!

Are you sure you want to do that?

Comedy is comedy, one knows it is being said in satire to evoke a laugh. Even when you disagree with the 'reality', the joke is in the accumulative of having a fun discourse. Too many folks, of all walks of life, are losing their sense of humour!

I agree with that completely.

I have to admit too many our becoming to thin skinned. Just laugh...the next joke will not be about you...it cycles. Enjoy life and see a joke as a joke...they are not newscasters spouting their interpretations of....cough..cough...FACTS!

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction...and sometimes truth can be more hilarious than fiction.

Just because their goal is to entertain through comedy, does not mean they are factually incorrect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join