It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Closer Look Back at 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Seth Meyers. Nails it in this piece.

From Ben Carson's somnambulance to Hillary's 'shimmy', Trump's hands and Rubio's makeup, to Bernie the bird-summoner and more -
a hilarious and VERY SIGNIFICANT, ALL TRUE, journalistic look at 2016.

This is a thing talking about what really happened... which all of it did. Be warned, it is written in a style you may find "mocking" or "combative" if you are a Trump supporter, or a Bible person.....

Nevertheless, even Joe Biden is now broken....and Hillary living in the woods and emails............

What absolute absurdity. I'm glad we're done with 2016.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

2016 in summary:

VICTORY!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

omg... "closeted republicans"
"stuck in a hallway."
"pokemon go, to the polls."
"trumps 'size' "
I forgot "Hillary admiring balloons"
"breaking joe biden"
"awkward air kiss"

ok watching the rest now..

this is good stuff haha...

edit on 2-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

LOL!! Right?!!! Hilarious.

Thanks for letting me know you found it.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Anyone, everyone, who can consider 2016 a victory demonstrates an astounding lack of comprehension concerning the depths of our plight. At best, and this is the debatable point, it might have been a small step in a better direction.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Any direction other than the "liberal" left, is the right direction.

Edit:
>insert condescending Wonka
>tell me about your plights
edit on 2-1-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

You say 'any direction' other than the liberal left... Correct? Any? How about the 'conservative Fascist' direction. You would prefer that?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Nothing is as damaging to our great nation as the ideology that was defeated in 2016.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Be warned, it is written in a style you may find "mocking" or "combative" if you are a Trump supporter, or a Bible person.....

Hah ha, what makes DNC spin more holier than thou?

What absolute absurdity. I'm glad we're done with 2016.

Turning the page on your wall calendar doesn't mean anything is different, now. They just cycle thru a new round of representatives and keep up appearances.

Meanwhile, a trillion more for defense, ever increasing surveillance, more censorship... meh, nothings changed.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Anyone, everyone, who can consider 2016 a victory demonstrates an astounding lack of comprehension concerning the depths of our plight. At best, and this is the debatable point, it might have been a small step in a better direction.

Depends on how you look at it. I think not considering the death spiral of western civilization, and the fight against that, represents a worse lack of comprehension, if not downright willful ignorance.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Edit:
Wonka???? I don't understand. But as you used it with the adjective 'condescending' it must be bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Your 'uninformed' is showing.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Depends on how you look at it. I think not considering the death spiral of western civilization, and the fight against that, represents a worse lack of comprehension, if not downright willful ignorance.

Exactly right Les. The death spiral of western civilization, and along with it the collapse of the entire industrialized world. And one of our plights is that we seem to not be able to agree upon the cause of this devolution. And in the meanwhile we leave that fate to the hands of people like Trump and Clinton and whole flocks of people who would consider the success of either as a 'victory'

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Nothing is as damaging to our great nation as the ideology that was defeated in 2016.

You say my 'uninformed' is showing. Why, because I admit to not knowing a slang term like Wonka?
I would say that your 'uninformed is showing in that you seem to be under the impression that an ideology was defeated in 2016. I think it is only because one might hold to another, just as damaging ideology that is if not nearly identical then nothing more that the flip side of a coin.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It is as easy as googling, without having to ask ME on the forum. It shows your disconnect with modern times... just like your (assumed) support for the detrimental ideology.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It is as easy as googling, without having to ask ME on the forum. It shows your disconnect with modern times... just like your (assumed) support for the detrimental ideology.

Did I 'ask' you? No I did not. And as for that, if your 'connection' to modern times can so easily be demonstrated by your knowledge of a simple term of slang then I see no reason to revise my original supposition concerning much more important problems.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Edit:
wonka???? I don't understand. But as you used it with the adjective 'condescending' it must be bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You say 'any direction' other than the liberal left... Correct? Any? How about the 'conservative Fascist' direction. You would prefer that?

Conservative fascism, liberal fascism, dont like either. Also, I dont think you know what fascism actually means. What you mean is authoritarianism.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yay more political punditry from a late night talk show host.
I can't believe people actually watch this garbage. Let alone find anything of substance in it.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

a late night talk show host.
I can't believe people actually watch this garbage. Let alone find anything of substance in it.

It is all about 'substance.' Those are ACTUAL VIDEO CLIPS (proof) of the things that have ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

If you can debunk any of those recorded-live clips, please do let us in on your vast library of research to say that those things didn't actually happen.

If you can't debunk them, then realize that it is wholly substantive and entirely intelligent to call it all into question.

Fake news indeed. Pundits they may be, but they are commenting on REAL LIFE THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED,

Other than that, your response has been measured, weighed, and taste-tested, and found very inferior to actual intellectual contributions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join