It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penny Secret(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Go easy on me, ATS.

My son just pointed out something to me that I never knew existed. If you look on the back of the 1988 US penny while it's turned upside down, you'll see Lincoln sitting on his chair! I know this isn't major news but it's definitely a conspiracy if you ask me. It ties in well with the other Lincoln coin conspiracies: he faces the other direction from all the other Presidents on coins, the penny is the only brown coin (freed Black slaves), the penny value is the cheapest, etc...This new conspiracy has me racking my brain........Lincoln upside down? What could this mean? He turned the establishment upside down? Something else? What does ATS think?

www.google.com... 252F%25252Fen.wikipedia.org%25252Fwiki%25252FPenny_(United_States_coin)&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Ig_LhZPE4-OYrM%253A%252C5rR2w__9ux3VlM%252C_&usg=__oK7exDaV QLgLZBC3sK6fQ_ew7nA%3D&biw=1420&bih=727&ved=0ahUKEwjUquGB_aPRAhWU8oMKHQ5-AEsQyjcINQ&ei=n4xqWJTfDJTljwSO_IHYBA#imgrc=_

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Why is him sitting down a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because he was shot sitting down!!!! Obviously someone from 1988 went back in time to shoot him sitting down for this very reason. Cant deny a conspiracy when it shoots you in the face.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You realize that is the Lincoln Memorial in DC on the back of the penny. You know the big ass statue of Lincoln sitting in a chair?

And pennies aren't brown. They are copper.

Fun fact:
If you file down 2 ends of the edge of a penny and soak it in sulfuric acid it will eat the zinc out and leave a neat copper foil penny shell.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

THANKS!
Copper thieves everywhere just took note of this......

hahahahahahahaha

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's not the sitting down part, it;s just the fact that I never knew he was there. Am I the only one who didn't know he was there?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
It's not the sitting down part, it;s just the fact that I never knew he was there. Am I the only one who didn't know he was there?

Possibly. It is a representation of the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse and inside the real one is a large statue of a seated Lincoln.

edit on 2-1-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Possibly. It is a representation of the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse and inside the real one is a large statue of a seated Lincoln.

Possibly........but where's the conspiracy in that??

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You should have mixed in some Pizzagate or free energy.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

As far back as I can remember, there has always been an image of good ol' Abe sitting in the chair.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You should have mixed in some Pizzagate or free energy.

Yeah, I guess I could've spiced up this thread with something political.....or Aliens! Everyone loves aliens and conspiracies about the Greys..!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

So everything you don't know is a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

No. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is it's a little odd to see the statue when all you need is the monument itself.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

No. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is it's a little odd to see the statue when all you need is the monument itself.

The statue is part of the monument.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
wat
*stares in disbelief*

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This is one of my issues with conspiracy types..
"Something is new to me, IllumiNSAMAsconCIAs did it!"

Anyway, about the penny...

The United States one-cent coin, commonly known as a penny, is a unit of currency equaling one-hundredth of a United States dollar. The cent's symbol is ¢. Its obverse has featured the profile of President Abraham Lincoln since 1909, the centennial of his birth. From 1959 (the sesquicentennial of Lincoln's birth) to 2008, the reverse featured the Lincoln Memorial. Four different reverse designs in 2009 honored Lincoln's 200th birthday and a new, "permanent" reverse – the Union Shield – was introduced in 2010. The coin is 0.75 inches (19.05 mm) in diameter and 0.0598 inches (1.52 mm) in thickness. Its weight has varied, depending upon the composition of metals used in its production (see further below).

new topics

top topics

join