It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. sheriff's deputies disciplined after horrific torture death of 8-year-old boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok this is some scary sh!t right here and right now mine and my wifes worst nightmare. We have a 2 year old grandson who's mother abandoned him at 3 months thst we are raising with our son right now. She has serious drug and just other problems. So if she ever decides she wants to try and get our grandson back this story here will make me leave the country with him.

this 8 year old boy lived with his grandparents until he was 8 ,when his mother decided she wanted him back, so the state gave him back to his drug addict mother who abandoned him.

Just a couple weeks after going back his teacher saw signs of abuse and asked him about it, he said mom hit him with the metal part of the belt so hard it made him bleed. So of course the teacher called the cops, cops came did not even interview the kid and said there was no signs of abuse.

Another time a security guard at a store called the cop saying it looked like the kid had cigarette burns all over his face and scalp and swelling in the eyes. He said the cops came and actually screamed at him that a burned child was not an emergency.

All in all cops came to the house 8 times on random peoples complaints the boy was being abused and nothing.

The last time the cops were sent the officer could not find the place so he just called the mother and asked if the kid was ok, mom said the kid moved back with his grandparents and the cops just accepted it again.

A couple week s later the kid is found dead, beaten with a baseball bat shot with a bebe gun locked in closet and forced to eat cat sh!t are just some of things they have confirmed happened to the kid.

Its is just my opinion but these cops that went there 8 frikin times are just as responsible for this kids death.

I bet if they told the cops they were smoking pot with the 8 year old boy it would have gotten something done.

Gonna go puke now.

was the worst case of child abuse that local officials had ever seen.

The death of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez became a grim symbol of the failure of Los Angeles County’s child welfare system, prompting criminal charges against four social workers and far-reaching reforms of how authorities oversee abused and neglected children. Gabriel’s mother and her boyfriend were charged with his murder.

But far less public scrutiny has been given to the role of L.A. County sheriff’s deputies who investigated Gabriel’s situation in the months before his 2013 death.

A Times review of grand jury testimony, child welfare records and recently filed court documents shows that deputies visited Gabriel’s home multiple times during the eight months prosecutors say he was being tortured and beaten. But the deputies found no signs of abuse and did not file paperwork that would have led specially trained detectives to do more investigating.

One deputy went to the boy’s Palmdale home after his teacher said he had been beaten with a belt. Another deputy, responding to a report that Gabriel was suicidal, left the home without examining or interviewing him.

When a security guard called to report that Gabriel had bruises on his face and what looked like cigarette burns all over his scalp, he was rebuffed by a sheriff’s deputy who screamed that a child being burned was not an emergency, according to court records. Another deputy who eventually went to check on the boy decided that the injuries were caused by a fall from a bicycle.

The department’s final investigation came a week before Gabriel’s death. A sheriff's deputy tried to find him after school officials reported that he had been absent for a long period and might be a victim of abuse. Gabriel's mother said that her son had moved to Texas, and the deputy soon halted the inquiry. In fact, Gabriel was still in Palmdale, being beaten with a bat, shot with a BB gun, starved, locked in a small box and forced to eat cat feces, according to prosecutors.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Its is just my opinion but these cops that went there 8 firkin times are just as responsible for this kids death.

One possible explanation, CPA is full of un-fosterable kids. Only those with a good chance of being accepted for adoption are being taken into protective custody.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Its is just my opinion but these cops that went there 8 firkin times are just as responsible for this kids death.

One possible explanation, CPA is full of un-fosterable kids. Only those with a good chance of being accepted for adoption are being taken into protective custody.

he was wanted by his grandparents and they tried desperately to get him back.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Everyone connected with this needs to be slowly tortured, exactly the way that poor child was. I have no fuc**n sympathy for anyone who saw this kid for more than 2 minutes and did nothing about it.
Hang. Them. All.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Everyone connected with this needs to be slowly tortured, exactly the way that poor child was. I have no fuc**n sympathy for anyone who saw this kid for more than 2 minutes and did nothing about it.
Hang. Them. All.

Seems like a good plan to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: intrptr

he was wanted by his grandparents and they tried desperately to get him back.

I was addressing the failure on the part of the system to intervene 'eight friggin times'. How is that even possible? Workload, limited resources, apathy, compartmentalized bureaucracy.
edit on 2-1-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'd be curious to see the eight different reports that should be filed back at police HQ.

Guess those officers were too busy writing speeding tickets and whatnot to actually do their job.

In fact, I suggest every single person in that police district that has gotten a ticket in the last year to take the police to court over it, claiming they're too incompetent to be police- the tickets are void.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
I bet if they told the cops they were smoking pot with the 8 year old boy it would have gotten something done.

What a completely horrifying, and absolutely true, statement.

This story chills me to the bone.
edit on 122017 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well I am 51 now and back in the 1980s DCF was taking children from homes over the slightest report of abuse .
I am not talking about one child I am talking about Millions of children forcibly taken from there homes placed in foster homes or even worse BOYs- girls homes that were over run over crowded and then the real abuse started .
To this day all the deaths caused by this over policing are still be investigated .
How do I know all this is true I lived it my mother caused the death of one of my sisters when she was 8 weeks old then dumped me and my other sister on a door step .
Was this bad ? Yes she was nuts .What came next WAS worst 10 foster homes in 11 years beaten drugged molested .
At 9 i had a gun held to my head with the person saying if you dont make this bed right i will shoot you .That was in foster care .
This is the system you worship and think can do no wrong this is the system were Millions of children are right now .
In just the last few years there is a small town near me that had a boys home were the state sent boys who were to old to foster they have found 58 bodys at this point and expect to find more .
OO I know you want links . What you think they took out full page ads saying send your kids here so we can kill them ? You think they did not do every thing in there power to cover up this event ?
As for this women and police the boy was 8 take him from her he ends up in just the next hell may god forgive me for saying this but alest he is in heaven now .
here beware dont click if you have a weak stumic en.wikipedia.org...
this poor boy was just one of 1000s and thouse who like me survive it are never heard from .

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Brutal.

One waste of flesh is responsible for this and that is the mother who I hope spends the rest of her useless life locked in a small cell suffering with the memory of what she did. I dont care that she is a drug addict, dont care what problems she has I hope her life is long and filled with terrible endless tormenting memories about this.

Additionally the police failed this child at multiple points. Im interested to hear what their defensive of this is but in the end I cant imagine it would matter much. While the mother ultimately needs to pay the biggest debt in this the police also failed , it appears, multiple times and as such need to be pay also.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Stories like this are so incomprehensible and difficult to read. I can't imagine how anyone could do this to a child but yet it goes on daily all over the globe. This is a huge fail by all parties involved, with the exception of the teacher, who seems to be the only one that was proactive in trying to get the child some help. It sounds like the social workers are the ones with the most liability in this case, they had the power to have the kid removed from the mother but did little to nothing about it. As far as the mother and her boyfriend go, I hope they suffer a long, slow and painful death.

Hopefully something good can come from this to where it won't happen again. Very sad story none the less.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The current "system" is so messed up it isn't funny. A parents "legal" rights are seen as more important than anything. Often children are sent back to drug addicts and known abusers, even when other family members are willing to care for the child. The parents often fight for custody to keep the "check" coming in. If they lose custody, they lose the check. Often (but not always) this is a messed up system that supports itself by messing up.
Someone has a job just to supervise visits. So if you keep saying that seeing a parent "unfit to be alone with the child" isn't a danger they continue to have a job supervising the visits. As soon as they say it is a danger to the child or not in the child's best interest; they are out of a job.
Same with parents who have to have "child welfare check-ups", if you deem the house or situation a detriment to the child then you no longer have a job.
The whole system is filled with corruption, it is absolutely insane!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Hang. Them. All.

We can start with those tools you have in your profile

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The policeman who said cigarette burns, "are not an emergency" was presumably not able to interpret something at least in the spirit of what constitutes an emergency, rather than a life or death situation. This poor kid died over a long period...the cop is as evil as the parents.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I don't understand what goes through the mind of hard drug addicts. I know many of them, and knew many of them and I'll never understand. The ones I knew in highschool were basically children having children. But I could not imagine not a single one of them doing something like this to their children.

If it came to it and you left the country I think few would blame you.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
One waste of flesh is responsible for this and that is the mother.

Where was the father and why does he get a pass on your judgement?

top topics

join