It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have no privacy.. The government wont let us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have come to think that now matter how much technology is developed for our privacy, it just seems to let more and more information leak out. Cellphones, GPS, even cars, phone taps, computer spyware. Just some of the examples im talking about that the government has incorporated into these products that are supposed to make our life "simpler". My definition is that it is making our privacy in our lives, more "invaded". If you actually think about it, GPS has made it to where somebody can see where we are at, when they want to, and trust me, there is always that person out there that will look just becasue they can. Computers with "Anti-Spyware" have actually been accounted for real spyware. The government is trying to trick people into all of this "cool" technology for their sakes.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Privacy is an illusion. With all the technology we have, there is a trail for everything. Personal privacy is a thing of the past. It is a give and take situation. They give us more technology, and they take away privacy and personel freedoms at the same time. A crappy trade off to say the least.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So to speak, we actually arent really a "free" country anymore are we? Its almost like they broke the rules of the constitution decleration.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
So to speak, we actually arent really a "free" country anymore are we? Its almost like they broke the rules of the constitution decleration.

Its more than just breaking the rules. The constitution is being rewritten peice by peice. Soon, you wont even be able to recognise the present constitution for what it once was.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I can not agree more we lost our privacy the day we were born and our names when into a registry.

From that day on your identity became our down fall.

Next your social security made possible for your identity to assessable by the government.

No even in your home your have privacy.

Privacy is indeed and illusion, I agree with Kidfinger on that.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I do agree, our homes are the last bastian. You go out and there are cams on the streets filming you, bank autotellers photograph you, a growing wave of phone cams are in use every few feet you walk. Shops are videoing you, maybe even in changerooms (think winona ryder lol)
same in malls, railway stations etc. Heres an article about space and privacy

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

and another

www.agd.nsw.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You dont even have privacy in your own home if your drapes are open. It is not illegal to film someone in thier own home through thier window. Just another example of the Law working agianst privacy.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That is a nice article, Instar, we are loosing our space, I guess the places are becoming so populated that we have to squeeze and some are just getting used to be like that.

I remember when I came to the US for the first time, I have always been in open spaces, and the though of having somebody living on top attach or me not having a door to a backyard was something I never had to deal with before.

And I have lots of problems dealing with that for a while.

I also could not stand having strangers been so close to me as brushing agings my body I founded irritating.

I am glad I live in an area that I can have some space, and I don't jump any more when somebody is to closed to me.

Surveillance technology, DNA tracking is all part of a society that will monitor and managed for control.

top topics

join