It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Media Accredidation Company to Stop Fake News, What Would You Do ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: MysterX

Wow, those are great ideas.

You could use their broadcasting license as a weapon.

You could take their license or make them stop broadcasting news.

It could be done. Heavy fines for liars and 3 strikes is a 10 year ban.

Do you honestly think the FCC will kill the goose that lays the golden eggs? News channels are just the excuse to hang advertising on....It's not about news....everyone knows that. sheesh....It's under the control of the Corporate Oligarchy....This isn't mayberry RFD you know!!!!

To make those kind of changes you need to be a politician and ready to go to court for years and years....you up for that?

So, you think Fake News is just a fact of life ?

The Media has protections under the Constitution.

Or should we continue to let News Networks openly lie for ratings.

I see people getting killed over fake news. It almost happened already.

Do you have any ideas ?

Don't you think Fake News should be dealt with ?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Excuse me, sir, could you please explain what you mean by the words "fake news?" I don't think it means what you think it means.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Excuse me, sir, could you please explain what you mean by the words "fake news?" I don't think it means what you think it means.

Please enlighten me.

I think the media in a race to be first so they add their own facts.

Or, a story planted to embarrass or humiliate someone.

What am I missing ?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: MysterX

Wow, those are great ideas.

You could use their broadcasting license as a weapon.

You could take their license or make them stop broadcasting news.

It could be done. Heavy fines for liars and 3 strikes is a 10 year ban.

Do you honestly think the FCC will kill the goose that lays the golden eggs? News channels are just the excuse to hang advertising on....It's not about news....everyone knows that. sheesh....It's under the control of the Corporate Oligarchy....This isn't mayberry RFD you know!!!!

To make those kind of changes you need to be a politician and ready to go to court for years and years....you up for that?

So, you think Fake News is just a fact of life ?

The Media has protections under the Constitution.

Or should we continue to let News Networks openly lie for ratings.

I see people getting killed over fake news. It almost happened already.

Do you have any ideas ?

Don't you think Fake News should be dealt with ?

"News" has always had an agenda. News papers owned by conglomerates just like the current media. It's a fact of life all driven by capitalism; Advertising, market shares, demographics, payoffs, corruption, greed, yes its capitalism and business as usual.

To make anykind of real changes the entire system of economics needs to collapse. Sorry to bang you over the head with pragmatism!! I deal with lawyers, almost daily trying to keep within FCC rules and regs and for all practical purposes; I'm a low level peon dealing with almost meaningless contracts, NDAs, and BS paper work required by the bureaucrats.
When you talk millions of $$$,, truth falls by the wayside. That's the way current media operates. Government isn't going to change it because the corruption is simply to pervasive. I'm currently a subcontractor for ESPN and sports is as corrupt as everything else even down to college level where I operate. I only got the gig because someone owed me a favor; not because of my qualifications.

I admire your idealism and I honestly hope Trump can and will do something; but in all honesty he is a slimy POS and will only do things which enhance his limitless ego like most people in the entertainment biz. His performance was fantastic!!!

I don't have any solutions but I'm willing to try your ideas at exposing the truth. Corporate manipulation isn't it; your best bet is with new media and the www. And even in this world the swamp dwellers have the upper hand. There are big changes on the horizon and none will benefit the consumer.

edit on 2-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Knowledge of journalistic ethics suffices to hold journalists to account. 2016 was a bad year for ethics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join