This has been bothering me a for a long time but whenever anyone claims an alien, sees an alien, depicts an alien, visualizes an alien or just talk
about aliens - there is a 90% chance that they are naked.
They travel in starships, UFO's, know dark matter, can transcend through time and space, and even talk every language ever known to human kind BUT
they don't have the money for clothes or sun glasses, or .. , or .. Even Jabba has no clothes although most "aliens" actually wear clothes in Star
You think that an advanced race that has achieved all the above would not come her showing their best stuff at the first meeting (u know what I mean)
- wherever their placement is.
I have my own theories but wonder what ATS thinks:
- Generally speaking I believe that showing aliens naked make them less threatening - like the famous line: "Imagine your audience naked when you are
on stage". So a naked alien would be more calming to the eye than an actual dressed alien. While it's less threatening it can also invoke much more
fear. So I guess a "naked" alien can have a dual purpose.
- Alien researchers have no clue what they should look like and don't bother to visualize it.
- Movies save their money to create a working wardrobe for their "alien" actors. Nothing more silly than dressing an alien in human clothes - with
Paul the exception. Star Wars takes a lot of pride in their dedicated character development - so every species has a purposeful designed outfit.
- Many people are into kinky alien stuff. Wonder what Mr and Mrs Alien will say about that...
Now from a practical standpoint, I think the following theory could hold a valid point as well:
- Intelligent aliens in organic form would not survive the long trip through the vast matter of space. So they would send AI ships instead. Any
organic life form on those ships, probes, etc - would be animals or higher "animal" workers that don't require clothes (almost like a slave race).
Anyway, it's fascinates me that most envisioned alien races are naked.
edit on 2-1-2017 by flyandi because: grammar
edit on 2-1-2017 by flyandi because: making the world "alien" less pointed