It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Aliens almost always naked?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This has been bothering me a for a long time but whenever anyone claims an alien, sees an alien, depicts an alien, visualizes an alien or just talk about aliens - there is a 90% chance that they are naked.

They travel in starships, UFO's, know dark matter, can transcend through time and space, and even talk every language ever known to human kind BUT they don't have the money for clothes or sun glasses, or .. , or .. Even Jabba has no clothes although most "aliens" actually wear clothes in Star Wars.

You think that an advanced race that has achieved all the above would not come her showing their best stuff at the first meeting (u know what I mean) - wherever their placement is.

I have my own theories but wonder what ATS thinks:

- Generally speaking I believe that showing aliens naked make them less threatening - like the famous line: "Imagine your audience naked when you are on stage". So a naked alien would be more calming to the eye than an actual dressed alien. While it's less threatening it can also invoke much more fear. So I guess a "naked" alien can have a dual purpose.

- Alien researchers have no clue what they should look like and don't bother to visualize it.

- Movies save their money to create a working wardrobe for their "alien" actors. Nothing more silly than dressing an alien in human clothes - with Paul the exception. Star Wars takes a lot of pride in their dedicated character development - so every species has a purposeful designed outfit.

- Many people are into kinky alien stuff. Wonder what Mr and Mrs Alien will say about that...

Now from a practical standpoint, I think the following theory could hold a valid point as well:

- Intelligent aliens in organic form would not survive the long trip through the vast matter of space. So they would send AI ships instead. Any organic life form on those ships, probes, etc - would be animals or higher "animal" workers that don't require clothes (almost like a slave race).

Anyway, it's fascinates me that most envisioned alien races are naked.

edit on 2-1-2017 by flyandi because: grammar

edit on 2-1-2017 by flyandi because: making the world "alien" less pointed towards humans.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Giorgo Armani refuses to work for breadcrumbs! When the aliens cough up gold or something valuable then maybe they'll dress classy

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Oh...this isn't in the LOL forum...you are being serious...hahahaha

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Because Christianity and other religions did not make them mental cases at the mere thought of seeing a fellow human naked.

There normal, we are the weird ones.

P

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
WTF are you going on about? Seek professional therapy!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Decent start, I guess. I'll bump you one.
If I channeled Georgie C. and imagined at the same time
my audience was naked-- I'd forget all my jokes for the
sheer amount of the ones OUT THERE.

But I believe aliens have sufficient technology to not
need adornment for insulation, nor 'modesty' to hide
whatever junk they don't want us to catch onta.. or not.

But this other thing about aliens on every corner is a
little unsettling. Do you live in southeast NM, of can I
assume you didn't take a break to eat and watch football?
If both are true, bud: we might want to decompress a little
before work this morning.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
This has been bothering me a for a long time but whenever anyone claims an alien, sees an alien, depicts an alien, visualizes an alien or just talk about aliens - they is a 90% chance they are naked.

Gotta have something to do with penis envy. Naked aliens leave no doubt that they are not 'that kind' of threat.

Cheers & a Happy New Year's to you.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Humans are the only species on Earth that cover themselves up in clothing...

Most likely because it's a product (pun intended) of human culture, not a norm amongst the universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Back in the day Aliens were never naked. I think these new naked aliens are not really aliens because real aliens wear shiny silver suits.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
They probably don't like the north pole

They are extradimentional, as are bigfoot. Sasquatch dont wear cloths either. But at least bigfoot have fur
edit on 2-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Maybe they'really really hot?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Interesting question!

I sort of have this idea that aliums (at least one spiecies) have soup or jelly, instead of bones or organs, making space travel much more physically comfortable in the long term. Their functions may be be regulated by advanced and controllable electrical pulses from the brain.

General depictions often include lean bodies and advance mental capacity (big brains). I think they would have more control over things like body temperature, hearing and other senses, reducing the nessecity for things like clothing. They may even be able to link mentally to thier ships or with other beings. I hope I get to meet them one day. (Hiii aliums. I love you!)
edit on 2-1-2017 by 0nerabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If you were a cat, would you feel the need to wear clothes?

Does it bother you that you can see its asshole and balls hanging?

Not really right? Why does it bother us to see titties hanging and balls hanging?

Oh right, its Western culture that's bothered.. many other cultures just hung out naked.

Maybe it is cold climate cultures who became averse to nakedness.

----

btw many reports also described skin tight clothing, for ET's. Some ET's also reported to have scales like a reptile. (in that case don't need clothes).

Some ET's also reported to look like humans, with clothing.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Humans are the only species on Earth that cover themselves up in clothing...

Most likely because it's a product (pun intended) of human culture, not a norm amongst the universe.

ever seen a hermit crab? theres many species of creature who use whats in the environment to basically cloth themselves. I cant remember if travis Walton confirmed it or not but in the movie "fire in the sky" about his encounter they show suits that resemble the normal gray aliens. soi maybe they are all clothed its just that they have developed the pinnacle in clothing tech so they all wear the same thing. who knows.
edit on 2-1-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah I am actually serious. Even it's a fun topic but it's very fascinating to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

With "every" corner I meant that wherever u see an "alien" (as not from this world, not human) they are naked.

link   
Maybe what we think is skin is in fact clothes, very well made spray on clothes. a reply to: flyandi

link   
Obviously big head can't fit through the hole in shirt.

Honestly, though this is an interesting thought. I don't recall many aliens being described as clothed.

They would definitely need it to protect against germs and environment at the least. Thanks for the thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Because it is impossible to find a good tailor these days.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well, we were born with a protective covering that someone decided wasn't protective enough so we started wearing clothes. They're hypothetically naked because they have what would appear to by a biological suit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join