It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 might be the coldest year ever!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Snarl

You're entitled to your own opinion.

You are not entitled to your own set of facts.
Global warming isn't a political issue it's a human one.
You may never suffer it's effects but your children most certainly will.

Yep , gonna get warm some years and cold some other years.....Just like 1000s of years past and probably 1000s of years to come .

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Robotswilltakeover

I for one look forward to a colder year. Its been six long years since I saw snow. Six long years since my region caught even the hem of the skirt of a real winter. I long for its sweet embrace.

Personal wishes aside, nature needs a top kill. Winter serves a fundamental purpose in the natural order, without which the balance which keeps things even will necessarily be destroyed. The deeper the cold, the better. It cannot come soon enough.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yep , in Summer it is generally hot in all deserts. Went through Apache Junction , Az one time with Dad and Mom (and that was a long time ago . Was 112 degrees F and it wasnt even Summer. Strange thing was you could see in the distance ice on the Superstition Mountains
Some folks cant fathom this thing called weather and climate...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Robotswilltakeover

Correction, Lame Brain...2017 might not set a new record as the warmest year ever!

Just because the jet stream no longer functions normally, you get to feel the cold
in certain areas.

You guys are whistling past your own graveyard.

I remember a year in mid New England where it didn't get above 0 degrees F for a whole week. I know, just climate noise.
It hasn't even come close in a couple of decades, in spite of some very cold weather patterns.

I also remember the Tennessee river freezing over solid in Southern Tennessee.

If we are fortunate a Maunder Minimum type chill may slow runaway warming enough to get our act together.

Do you really think the Arctic maps are lying? Ice extent is at record lows for December. Svalbard averaged 7.4 C
warmer than average for December.
edit on 2-1-2017 by UMayBRite! because: more fun

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
2017 *might* be the coldest year on record.
2017 *might* be the hottest year on record.
2017 *might* be the driest year on record.
2017 *might* be the wettest year on record.
2017 *might* be the year the aliens who *might* be living on Jupiter decide to abduct Rosie O'Donnell.
2017 *might* be the year the Russians start WWIII by attacking Fresno.
2017 *might* be the year Santa Claus announces he's real, but has been on vacation for the last 20 years.
2017 *might* be the year the Internet becomes self-aware and enslaves mankind.

See how that works?

There's no *might* in science. There *is* or there *is not*. So far, so far as Global Warming is concerned, there's just not enough *is* and way too much *might* in the mix.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Didn't Yoda say that "there is or there is not". Any how I agree with TrueBrit we need a good snow fall but I'm afraid it will come too late as I built a wooden sledge for the grandkids 5 years ago and it's not been used and they are too old now.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Something like that, I think.

You guys are more than welcome to our snows. This winter has been mild so far (expecting s**w this week), but last winter was about average and the two before that, bitterly cold.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
January 4th 2017
The temperature is forecast to go down to 9C.
It is supposed to be "Summer"
I work outdoors and we used to start our season in November. We have yet to start this year, every other day it is raining.
The seasons have been getting later and later every year since I first noticed the weather in the early 1970s.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join