It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazile: Trump has ‘Enormous’ Opportunity to Find Common Ground with Dems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Brazile better start looking at what concessions she and her party can make.

They're the losers!

And what concessions did republicans make to Obama, ever?

Oh that's right, the night of Obama's inauguration, the losing republicans admitted to stonewalling everything he did, irrespective of what it was

also make note of the fact that the example that Gingrich is using of Obama's liberalism was a health care plan drawn up by the Heritage foundation (republican) and put into effect by Mitt Romney (republican).

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

That is just because Obama was to stupid to realize that Romney care didn't work in Romney's home state so he figured he would try it on a national scale. What a moron.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

That is just because Obama was to stupid to realize that Romney care didn't work in Romney's home state so he figured he would try it on a national scale. What a moron.

And American health care wasn't working before Obamacare. We paid the highest percentage of our GDP on healthcare IN THE WORLD. So much for the theory that competition leads to better service.

edit on 1-1-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Health care was a lot cheaper before Obamacare!

You are right though it was because Obama was too stupid.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why we have to work with the losers? Their ideas are failed, their constituents are failures, and we got the power. They can move to Canada to get their free healthcare. It's 2017 time us big dogs start throwing our weight around and stop letting the runts steer the ship.
edit on 1-1-2017 by JoeNutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

And American health care wasn't working before Obamacare. We paid the highest percentage of our GDP on healthcare IN THE WORLD. So much for the theory that competition leads to better service.

Medicaid and Medicare were In that mix. Government fingers in the mix for years now. Of course it was expensive.
I pay more now for less care.
Yay.
Thanks Democrats.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

And so stunning that no Republicans at all voted for Obama.Care.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Republicans always make the mistake of trying to play nice. He basically needs to run over the Democrats. They either get on board or get left behind. I think Trump needs to come out guns blazing and going for big massive changes in policy. This is a once in a generation opportunity... Both houses and probably 2 or 3 SC appointments.

I want to see massive changes in tax policy. None of the nibble around the edges BS, but blow the IRS up completely and simplify the tax code dramatically. Fix social security, etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Mostly I just hope Trump doesnt go overboard with the religious right theocratic bs. Some of his other policies make sense, particularly foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

yeah that was Loretta Lynch, but I guess that is kinda the same.

They are both corrupt. It is hard to tell one from another when it comes to the dems.

Yeah , thanks. I will not post while working again,,,,

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

now lets not claim this is fully a free market problem.
There are various bottlenecks in the system that create much higher prices
Healthcare not crossing state lines
AMA restricting the amount of new doctors being produced and various rules preventing nurses and PA's from doing things that only doctors are allowed to do.
Bloated Universities overcharging, which raises the need for doctors to raise wages to pay off 200k in loans.

And we also have the hotly debated among free market/libertarian advocates of IP law. Is IP law creating innovation or is it causing price gouging with little to no benefit? Why does every other country get to benefit off price gouging US citizens?

The pharm industry must be greasing the palms of the beltway otherwise there would be various price gouging lawsuits going on. Part of it is also due to the strict high price cost of getting through the FDA.
An example of this stupidity. An asthma inhaler has been the same for a long time, but due to the ozone layer they were made to change the delivery system to not use CFC's, The medicine is the same as it has been but now they get to charge multiples higher($200+ per month) because of some stupid regulation. inhalers were not killing the ozone.
Perhaps the US government should buy up patents for the public good.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why is it that the Republicans are always expected to 'reach across the aisle' and 'compromise'?

Compromise is a two-way street. Aisles have two sides.

Perhaps it's time for the Democrats to find common ground with the Republicans. There's more of them to work with, after all. Should be easy.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

This is basically the compromise they want

Democrats: Let's grow government by 50%

Republicans: lets not grow government at all

Democrats: lets compromise, lets meet halfway. we will only grow government by 25%, deal?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now Donna Brazile (the Chair of the Democrat National Committee and a favorite Democrat liar and cheater fixer) is saying Trump has an opportunity to reach out to Democrats and find common ground.

Trump very well may do this and as long as Democrats come to heel, it could create some good policies.

She is up to something sinister I think.

Probably a set-up for some story in the future.

I wonder if she will give Trump some questions he should be asking in advance ?

She also seems to forget that Republicans have more elected officials in Congress.

"Gridlock" would more likely come from Republicans who don't like or understand Trump.

You can see and hear her astute wisdom in a video:
Brazile: Trump has ‘Enormous’ Opportunity to Find Common Ground with Dems

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” interim chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee Donna Brazile said President-elect Donald Trump has “enormous,” opportunity to find common ground with Democrats in Washington, D.C.

Brazile said, “If it’s ‘my way or the highway,’ what you’re going to see again is another round of gridlock in Washington, D.C. You’re going to see retribution and retaliation. He has an enormous opportunity as every president in the first 100 days to show that, you know, he’s eager to find common ground, to meet with, you know, Democrats, Chuck Schumer. I mean Chuck Schumer knows Donald Trump, both New Yorkers. Have him over for breakfast, have him over for afternoon tea and see if you can find some common ground.”

she is infectous human waste
why is she or her opinion relevant or deserving of any media attention
stupid dems need to get rid of her stat

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If he is a good president he will consider that half the population didn't vote for him and it's been that way since bill clinton basically.

We don't need another jerk dividing people more than they are already. We have had about 16 years of that.

2 years isn't a lot of time for a cabinet filled with political newbies to legally inact policy changes, if he doesn't compromise to get things done the blue collar swing voters will come for his head in the next congressional elections.

Personally I am sick of swinging back and forth between two extremes of progressives. One conservative one liberal.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

That's funny when is the last time republicans passed a balanced budget or even a spending freeze?

As long as their pet projects and lobby partners get what they want they compromise. It has nothing to do with conservatism. Hell the last republican was more FDR with spending and executive orders then a "republican"

As far as spending goes Trump would be wise to start rolling back foriegn aid and suggesting freezes in entitlements rather then cuts.

He can compromise with the public and leave out the politicians who no longer do anything but go to call centers and beg for donations from lobbyists.

edit on 2-1-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

Medicaid and Medicare were In that mix. Government fingers in the mix for years now. Of course it was expensive.
I pay more now for less care.
Yay.
Thanks Democrats.

The largest shares of total health spending were sponsored by the federal government (28.7 percent) and the households (27.7 percent). The private business share of health spending accounted for 19.9 percent of total health care spending, state and local governments accounted for 17.1 percent, and other private revenues accounted for 6.7 percent

So even if you're a heartless SOB and want to totally cut healthcare funding for ALL old people and poor people, based on total healthcare expenditures, the US would still pay more than all developed western nations with single payer coverage for all citizens.

.287(17.1)=4.9. 17.1-4.9=12.2 So the US would still pay 12.2% WHAT A FANTASTIC SYSTEM!

Single payer is the only answer and you have your head up your ___ if you can't realize it.
edit on 2-1-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: carewemust
Actually, I thought Donna Brazile was being replaced as the head of the DNC soon?

The fact that she was put there again, even as interim chair, tells us a lot about how little the party leadership thinks of the voters that deserted Hillary.

How True! Also, it's likely that no one with integrity would touch that job with a 10 foot pole.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
The Democratic Party is changing. They are aware the platform of identity politics Obama pushed so hard for 8 years ultimately alienated the working white vote and cost them this general election.

Because of that they will move to a more centrist platform in order to reclaim the blue collar worker.

I see this statement from the head of the DNC as an example of that future.

I think this is a good thing.

A star for your positive take on this.

I hope you are right.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: Teikiatsu

This is basically the compromise they want

Democrats: Let's grow government by 50%

Republicans: lets not grow government at all

Democrats: lets compromise, lets meet halfway. we will only grow government by 25%, deal?

Yes, it's been rather annoying. Hopefully with Trump some GOP will gain some testicular fortitude and aim for *shrinking* the federal government.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join