It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we are on the edge of a war alright.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why are people taking sides or even attacking others in the name of Russia or US?

It's innocent people dying, regardless of who supplied them ( despite it being much more dirty than black and white )

Why not focus on the true warcrime, all parties involved are pure idiots and are a threat to humanity, yes, EVERYONE of them is a threat to humanity.

All these talks that Putin is a superhero is pretty sick and on that note, believing everything you hear that paint's putin negative is pretty sick too, shows you don't think for yourself if you 100% BELIEVE anything.

We know United States is a mess, we were born from war, but we've also come a long way and have made some pretty seriously changes in the name of equality, it's not perfect nor is it done, but it's much better than many other governments of the world.

I mean, play a bit with your imagination and you'd know some of these truths.

Would you rather have a traffic accident in Russia, Syria or the US?
How about a court case?
What about if you were a punk rock band who spoke up against the government? " NOFX " and many more did it without retaliation but what about " Pussy Riot " ?

You guys can talk till were all blue in the face, but the fact remains, the United States despite having a long way to go still , is one of the best places to live, because we're treated more like humans here than many other places in the world.

You don't need to be told the BS propaganda by the US to see that something in Russia isn't quite right. Of course there are pockets of change occurring in all countries, but on a level that would be effective is still in question.

The real tragedy is that people think it's " just part of war " that these innocent people are dying and being wounded by. But it's not " how war is " it's been this acceptable concept of war that really doesn't need to be there. These people didn't pick up arms and denounce someone else's life, many aren't even old enough to understand what's going on and why.

It's only creating a poisoned mindset for the future to breed even more hatred and action possibly from that hatred.

Why are so many threads here full of people trying to get that " win over another " instead of agreeing to disagree and highlight the injustice and host possible solutions to their problems.

We could do so much good, if we would only try, but instead we worry more about our egos and how to win arguments.

A won argument is a lost opportunity for equality.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

ugh... roll over how? what is the US gonna lose? i get that you believe this line of thinking but why? what are you talking about? what is gonna happen if the US and russia work together? do you even know? or do you just parrot stuff you hear on the news and think that you now know something?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

My reading of various histories and biographies has given me hints that the 0.01% would really love to hire a crew of bulldozer operators to dig huge trenches, a crew of machine gunners to mow us all down, enough assassins to kill the bulldozer operators and machine gunners once the bodies were covered over, then deploy some chemical agent on the assassins to wipe them out when they came to collect their pay. My prayer is that just after they succeed, an asteroid about 50 miles across drops into the middle of the Pacific ocean.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247
a reply to: anonentity

No -war is almost never a good idea - it just sometimes has to be done - to me maybe 1 out of 10 times it has to be done.

I am just not afraid of it anymore. I just grew up with it so it is not that foreign to me anymore. And as I studied it in grad school and at the war college - I think we probably could come out whole - that we probably won't not get hit with a thermo nuclear impact on our cities. There could in other countries I guess

Does not mean I think it is a good idea - just that we must recognize it as possible and plan accordingly.

My "War College" was Fort Polk and Fort Campbell. Having been in multiple warzones, I can say unequivocally that war should be the last resort and those that call for it should be the first to go. To hell with more soldiers fighting in the name of spreading democracy to countries that don't want it and are fine on their own. Our only US enemy is not a country but a religion, and it is called Radical Islam and you cannot kill it, you can only try to keep it out of your lands so it doesn't spread like a plague.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Go Russia

Go Donald!

Yeah!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247

You know McCain is saying outright what Russia did was an act of war - and I really think he is right this time.

Arizone committed an act of war by re-electing McCain.

It doesn't matter what these Senators cry about. Senators don't go to war. Presidents do. He is the Commander-in-Chief and our new President won't be going to war with the Russians.

And besides, going to war with those who exposed criminal activity is like the city council firing the police force for exposing a dirty Mayor!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Trump is in Putin's pocket. Putin wouldn't let him start a war with Russia unless it was in Russia's best interest.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeP2247>>>> Putin is playing along with the game they've got going. Had Hillary been elected, they'd have staged a phony cold war and then after a time staged a summit where she negotiates a lasting peace and understanding and ushers in a new era of cooperation and trust. All BS and horse hockey, but they'd think we'd buy it. Then she'd probably resign due to impending poor health and go down as a great POTUS. But with Trump there, they have a problem. They still want the phony cold war but they want to cut him off at the knees and force him to play ball. If they make him look bad, they take away the peoples support of him. That support is dangerous to them. Nobody is buying that Trump is chummy with Putin( Obama and Hillary were) and nobody is buying Russia fiddled with our election or is our enemy. Our leaders are under the thumb of the NWO, Putin is more independent and deals with them according to his own interests. He's an animal, though. The damn internet is a continuing source of irritation to the NWO. People exchange information and seek out the truth and speak the truth. Fake News put out by the MSM and the government has a hard time competing against that.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: gmacev

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: JoeP2247

I don't see a reason Russia and the United States should be enemies. I love the Russian people and respect Putin for putting his country and people first.

Unlike some of you I am not going to fall for the U.S. Government's propaganda against Russia.

War should be avoided...especially nuclear war.

Hates U.S. government, supports criminal Kremlin regime. Lol. Can you be more of a hypocrite or are you that ignorant?

How is he being a hypocrite? Hypocrite is ignoring your own governments atrocities, while calling another country a criminal regime

That's a very limited view of what a hypocrite is you got here. It doesn't matter what country does the atrocities - US, Russia, China. If you tolerate the actions of one and then go and hate on the other (which he did) you're a hypocrite. Doesn't even have to involve your own country, as you strangely tried to make it sound...
edit on 2017-1-3 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This thread is disconnected with reality.

There is no evidence that "Russians" "Hacked" our election.

The Von Schlieffen Plan was the Imperial German plan for the Invasion of France in WW1. It had nothing to do with the Russians.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You people continue to amuse me with your small mindedness, so your saying you want War with Russia, whose payroll are you on?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
When the Rich wage War, it's the Poor who Die.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
sorry but taiwan is its own country and has been for years i don't know why we stopped treating t as such.
had to edit to correct spelling

edit on 3-1-2017 by proteus33 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The TPTB prefer war to Trump, their puppet is doing his best to light the powder to set this off.

www.thesun.co.uk...

The way this has all went down (fake news, Russian hack story, EC college discussion) stinks to high heaven. Not really a Trump supporter, but so ready to see the current administration go away.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Fact is we are always on the edge of one conflict or another, its how our military industrial complex functions.

You see there is less profit to be had in time of peace, or at least a larger profit margin to be had in time of conflict.

End of the day its all really just a dog and pony show where people die and others profit at there misery and expense.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Trump is in Putin's pocket. Putin wouldn't let him start a war with Russia unless it was in Russia's best interest.

What an extremely ignorant, divisive claim.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The many fronts of "War" is just a continuation of slow imprisonment. People still won't see the game being played out even at the end...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think they will find that America's citizens will not be willing to send their sons and daughters into harms way for this manufactured bs neocon attempt to implicate Russia with no proof. The Democrat in chief was the one who made the promise to Putin which we were able to hear with our own ears so why would Putin help Trump? Makes no sense and looks like deranged manipulation of facts to discredit the peoples NEGAN.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We've been at war for years. It's just smaller conflicts across the globe instead of one massively large obvious conflict ala World War 2.

Of course though, it's not war until the U.S, Russia or China is going at each other. Until then the rest of the world does not exist.

Kind of crazy mankind still at each others throats despite technology and knowing the world does not end at our own borders, that we all share the same rock, air and water.

But hey, this is the joys of the majority of humans being brainwashed into nationalism/patriotism from birth so people think the imaginary lines they hide behind and the team colours are more important than the entirety of humanity as a whole.

Always going to be an US vs THEM mentality for the majority of humans, until we're all equally dead.

Maybe one day instead of pointing out the obvious problems, we'll make an effort to fix them. Oh silly me, that's what we pay our governments for. My bad.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tmeister182

War with Iraq after 9/11 looking for non-existent WMD's and pulling peoples patriotic strings says there will be plenty of people still willing to throw themselves and their children on the flames for freedumb. Because it's what Jesus would do.

I know plenty of rational people who bought it hook line and sinker until they were already killing civilians and realised they'd been misled and weren't fighting for anyone's security or freedumb, but just to make a few richer.
Sadly just as many bought it hook line and sinker and even to this day will threaten to kill you for using that freedumb of speech they supposedly killed for you to have.

Social engineering I believe it's called. Just remember Hitler got normal folks to become animals using patriotism and love for the country. Governments are still doing it to this day, just they're a bit more subtle about it.
edit on 4-1-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo or two

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join