It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we are on the edge of a war alright.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Now theres a prime example of a sheeple if i ever saw one

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for. Rome, US , England and Israel want Russia out the way so they can plunder the free world. Problem is Russia has enough nukes to set the not so free world alight.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Putin is no saint but hes less of a villain than Obama, the Clintons, and the Bushes are/were.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

No -war is almost never a good idea - it just sometimes has to be done - to me maybe 1 out of 10 times it has to be done.

I am just not afraid of it anymore. I just grew up with it so it is not that foreign to me anymore. And as I studied it in grad school and at the war college - I think we probably could come out whole - that we probably won't not get hit with a thermo nuclear impact on our cities. There could in other countries I guess

Does not mean I think it is a good idea - just that we must recognize it as possible and plan accordingly.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeP2247

This unnamed war college must've been terrible.

I think a war college graduate would have a greater understanding of military affairs, tactics & strategy than "i've seen our boys, they're good, omg look how much Russia sucks"

I wonder if Norman Schwarzkopf went into Desert Storm with such ridiculous overconfidence.

I have a greater grasp of the realities of such after a few university seminars and amateur reading since then.
edit on -060010pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You have been drinking way too much tap water.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Russia most certainly will hit mainland usa in a nuclear war. Id be welling to put my testicles on the anvil as a bet.

link   
a reply to: Ohanka

There is only one war college - it is that thing they have at West Point you know. Ha ha ha - That was a really good ice breaker for me. I went to a private military post grad school so you know- but you did inspire me to screw my publisher.

I don't know what kind of grasp you have on war - I don't know - maybe you are the next coming of Caesar or something. What do your commentaries look like I wonder? Fight the Gauls lately??? I bet you were a great hopelite in your time.

Look - you have inspired me. I will shamelessly plug my book - I know my agent and those bloodsucker publishers would love this. GIve me a couple minutes. Let me check this.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
"i've seen our boys, they're good, omg look how much Russia sucks"

My ol' man fought the Red Army at the Battle of the Kursk Salient back in '43. He NEVER talked trash about the Russians.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247
There is only one war college - it is that thing they have at West Point you know.

The United States Army War College is in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. You might be talking about the United States Military Academy but I have friends that went there and nobody ever referred to it as the war college, just the academy or The Point.

War is bad.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Russia has always been viewed as the backwards underdogs even as far back as napoleon when they had no industry (relying on the UK) and had out dated military tactics.......and they still sent Napoleon running.

Same with Hitler as your grandfather knows.

Russia may be enept at any sort of offensive war but when it comes to defence , they have a terrifying and deserved reputation.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247

There is only one war college - it is that thing they have at West Point you know. Ha ha ha - That was a really good ice breaker for me. I went to a private military post grad school so you know- but you did inspire me to screw my publisher.

I don't know what kind of grasp you have on war - I don't know - maybe you are the next coming of Caesar or something. What do your commentaries look like I wonder? Fight the Gauls lately??? I bet you were a great hopelite in your time.

Look - you have inspired me. I will shamelessly plug my book - I know my agent and those bloodsucker publishers would love this. GIve me a couple minutes. Let me check this.

West Point isn't a war college, it's a military academy. There is a difference. A war college is an institution for training and education of senior military personnel and for examining points of strategy, doctrine and other big important stuff like that which affects the armed forces of the entire nation for years to come. They often contain some of the finest and most experienced military minds of the day

I don't know much about West Point, but I assume it trains civilians into junior officers. Might be wrong though. If someone wants to correct me feel free.

Wikipedia lists the US of having the following war colleges:

U.S. Army War College
U.S. National War College
U.S. Industrial College of the Armed Forces
U.S. Naval War College
U.S. Air War College

So, which did you attend, Colonel? After all you must be pretty high up in the US military to make such a claim.

I also never claimed to be the next Caesar. FYI there were no Hoplites in the Roman Army. They weren't big on pikemen.

Doesn't your country have stolen valour laws? i'd be careful. Shouldn't make such silly claims. Especially not if you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Maybe - but it was their course. PA does seem right to me for some reason - but definitely the instructors were from the point.

And yeah - most wars are REALLY bad.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The Russians aren't inept at offensive operations. Indeed they are masters of it. During the Great Patriotic War they conducted some of the largest and most skillfully executed combined arms offensives in human history. The strategies, concepts, doctrines and tactics they developed during it continue to shape the Russian Military to this day, and have had an impact on militaries across the world, even in the West.

Nope, the Russians are certainly no strangers to the attack.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You are right they have that reputation, but as for killing Nazis - that was my dad and all his friends from the fighter group.

Mu uncles and grand uncles have other things to say too.

Now I plug my book.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So you want war with Russia because you falsely believe Russia did some kind of meddling of our election?? As far as I know, their news reports on RT was about as close to meddling as you can reach. Anybody who chose to watch RT had no guns pointed at their heads. They did not have their bank accounts held hostage or threats to their children.

So what meddling with our Democracy then can you cite as evidence?? You also mention the children of Aleppo??? Well what about the mass graves that were found there by Syrian and Russian forces after clearing out the city of Turkish, Saudi, and NATO member state funded terrorists??

Why would you even mention Aleppo, and ignore the catastrophe going on in Mosul??? The coalition airstrikes that kill children there?

Don't be a tool and subscribe to hypocritical double standards. The thousands upon thousands of civilians liberated from the grip of foreign sponsored terrorists in Aleppo were absolutely thrilled and grateful to finally no longer being held hostage as human shields, worrying they may end up in the next round of mass executions. Just the same as the citizens of Mosul and it outlying territory are grateful for the same from coalition forces there. Both sides had to fight terrorists, both sides used artillery and air strikes, and both sides caused and continue to effect collateral damage. This is what happens in war as you already know.

When US Marines liberated Falluja, Iraq there was screams of war crimes from all sides. When the Russians moved into South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2009 to defend ethnic Russians from Georgian hostilities, there were also screams of war crimes from all sides.

Regardless of who is liberating, sieging, or dropping bombs, there will be collateral damage and cries of war crimes. But to point at one party working on a legal mandate to defend the legitimate government and liberate the civilians in cities held hostage by foreign backed terrorists while ignoring the EXACT SAME THING happening across the border in the next state over, well thats just being ignorant. You want to point at Aleppo and cry criminal, to Russia, ok do that. But you should have the capacity to admit what is happening in Mosul is the EXACT SAME THING.

If that is not possible for you to do, then you are an ignorant hypocrite. By the way, no civilians ever died in ANY campaign that ever involved the USA since 9/11 . True fact, because only Russians kill civilians. Oh and not only that, they seek to do it intentionally too. Right?? Am I about on the same page in your book now??

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I wrote the book "On a Wing and a Prayer"

This was the first and most honest Amazon review I saw -

Top Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 starsBiased? Memories are memories
By Loribee VINE VOICE on September 15, 2006
Format: Paperback
It's doubtful that the "biased" reviewer even read the book. I'm not sure how people's memories, which are of course, colored by their opinions, are biased, or what "left wing nut" has to do with anything. The book is about "the tales of our fathers (and mothers, sometimes) in war may be the most important legacy ever left us. These "war stories" told by our parents on warm summer evenings haunt many of us to this day. They are warnings, a cry in the dark to future generations they may never know. The following pages are the autobiographical accounts of my parents in World War II. My father was a fighter pilot and my mother an evac nurse in the ETO 1944-45. These are the very human accounts of that most inhuman experience." (From the author's description.)

I was panned by liberals who said I was war monger - panned by right wing people for being a liberal - but the combat vets that read it said I really got to the heart of how war is. I trust the combat vets. They are why it is still 4 stars or something.

I am really pissed that Amazon keeps charging so much after our argument - so screw amazon. If You want to but the book find a way to get one - used - I know they are around in europe anyway. DO NOT pay Amazon like this. Pricks. I am sorry I looked this up.

Joe

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You really shouldn't gone there - especially some one who gets their news from Russian Television. MY KID was there when Fallujah went - do you have ANY IDEA how hard those kids were questioned - about every single round of ammunition they fired. Every one????

THOSE were Russian weapons fired that killed those kids in Aleppo - They were little kids those weapons killed. Are you apologizing for them??

Don't go there - You will not like what I have to say about those b astards. It cuts really deep.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Okay, well you wrote the book. I might even buy it.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to push.

"The tales of our fathers (and mothers, sometimes) in war may be the most important legacy ever left us. These "war stories" told by our parents on warm summer evenings haunt many of us to this day. They are warnings, a cry in the dark to future generations they may never know. The following pages are the autobiographical accounts of my parents in World War II. My father was a fighter pilot and my mother an evac nurse in the ETO 1944-45. These are the very human accounts of that most inhuman experience."

It just seems to be an autobiography of your parents service during WW2. A worthy story to tell I'm sure, but it doesn't exactly help your argument.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Your book is #.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join