It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we are on the edge of a war alright.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Putin rolled the dice here and hit snake eyes. He is too much of a gambler. Hn Never thought we could be united enough to react. God, he so misjudged us. All of these politics crap games to Americans end at the shore line.

You know McCain is saying outright what Russia did was an act of war - and I really think he is right this time.

Grahm is saying 99 out the 100 senators think Russia hacked our election and are prepared to go much further than Obama on this. I think he is right too.

And they are teamed up with the key democratic senators like Schumer and others on all of this. Watch the hearings that will start late next week if you have any doubts.

If the above is true - how do you think this is likely to end??

I think - if war - it is likely to look something like the Schliefen (sp?) movements from a hundred years ago. SO about 14 days or so. Russia will never get off a shot at us that can hit - and I think that for a lot of reasons - but we can certainly hit them, and they have to know that. But they may have too far to pull back at this point.

What is it Mark Twain said..."that history may not repeat itself, but it certainly does rhyme." Something like that.

Strange, but something like this happened almost exactly 100 years ago.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeP2247

Nah now that Trump is in the USA will roll over for Putin.
Averting war but losing everything else.
China though I can see that is already in the works.

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
John Mccain and Lindsay "raging homosexual" Graham claim everything is an act of war, Ive lost count how many times i've seen one of them in headlines stating that.

And there will be no war with Russia any time soon. Thats another headline thats been doing the rounds for 60 + years. Russia simply isn't interested.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
99 out of 100 Senators are also probably blissfully unaware that a number of Americans would have removed Clinton by force of arms.

Given the choice, I'd rather risk a war with Russia than face a true civil war. But ivory towers tend have a disconnect due to the isolation.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

We in the west will go to war when the economy needs a war and that is not very far away by the looks of things....

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think not. For a few years more, capitalism will flourish. What little protectionism there has been in the US will be done away with and corporations from around the world will suck up the natural resources of the US and be happy with the bounty for a few years at least. Once the easy profits from a plundered US economy run out, then we will see the 'corporate wars that have been hidden behind the veils of 'nationalism' for decades.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think you’re wrong because Trump seems to be able to do what he wants regarding Putin without it affecting him.

His sheep seem to accept his acceptance of Putin.

He seems, as of now, to be doing okay.

McCain and his buddy Graham have always despised Putin and are two mouth pieces for the slimy US actions in Syria that has brought the world almost to a wider destructive military conflict and has destroyed Syria. There Putin has done some good comparatively, that is compared to the US sinister meddling there.

Bottom line the new president likes Putin for whatever reason so I don’t see that as snake eyes at this point.

Finally, with Trump being so friendly with Putin I don't see us going to war unless something radically changes.

edit on 1-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Perpetual war...big business.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sounds like what happened during the Presidential election needs to happen in future Senate and Congressional elections as well.

If war happens between America and Russia the outcome is extinction. Better pray to your God that cooler heads prevail.
edit on -060006pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

This isn't 100 years ago and militaries have changed alot. Russia has everthing we have to say it would be over in 14 days is silly. If a war occurs and doesn't go nuclear it would last years. And in the end would still probably involve nukes.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
More distraction. Now China...that's a distinct possibility.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I wouldn't be surprised If the USA, Russia and China have a secret agreement to not use nukes would make em all rich and decimate the populace.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We in the west will go to war when the economy needs a war and that is not very far away by the looks of things....

World war is not A war though. However only an idiot cannot see, a striving for boys and their toys to make bangs around countries where there is total disconnect..they are them and we are us, as it so happens.
The post history of the Sword of Damocles holds sway, as it was intended to in it's day, except now it is meant for everybody, not just those in power. That's not going to happen, the oligarchs in power won't allow that.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No. In fact, we are on the brink of a massive reconciliation with Russia (and Israel) in an attempt to repair the foreign policy fiascoes of the Obama years. War with a major power helps no one. Plus, there is no economic reason to do so. Nobody is going to get rich building a bunch of tanks or liberty ships. The Big Claim here is that Russia 'hacked' the election. The left is big on this because they can't see taking responsibility for their loss. like a spoiled kid, it must be someone else's fault. But the only thing Russia MIGHT have done (and there is considerable doubt) is expose the DNC emails, which was a favor for us. They weren't changed; they were exposed. No one has said they aren't real. Yes, I know the CIA/FBI say they did, but it's funny: In any other circumstance people would say they are buffoons who get nothing right. They're unreliable, etc. But suddenly THIS time they "must be right." What's up with that? Is it that they are incompetent when it comes to Hillary emails as SecState, but suddenly whizzes when it comes to Russia hacking?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: dragonridr

I wouldn't be surprised If the USA, Russia and China have a secret agreement to not use nukes would make em all rich and decimate the populace.

Also a distinct possibility.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Good time for fresh brains then.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247
Putin rolled the dice here and hit snake eyes. He is too much of a gambler. Hn Never thought we could be united enough to react. God, he so misjudged us. All of these politics crap games to Americans end at the shore line.

You know McCain is saying outright what Russia did was an act of war - and I really think he is right this time.

Grahm is saying 99 out the 100 senators think Russia hacked our election and are prepared to go much further than Obama on this. I think he is right too.

And they are teamed up with the key democratic senators like Schumer and others on all of this. Watch the hearings that will start late next week if you have any doubts.

If the above is true - how do you think this is likely to end??

I think - if war - it is likely to look something like the Schliefen (sp?) movements from a hundred years ago. SO about 14 days or so. Russia will never get off a shot at us that can hit - and I think that for a lot of reasons - but we can certainly hit them, and they have to know that. But they may have too far to pull back at this point.

What is it Mark Twain said..."that history may not repeat itself, but it certainly does rhyme." Something like that.

Strange, but something like this happened almost exactly 100 years ago.

Ive just realised you think a war with Russia would be over in 14 days, Are you out of your mind? In NATOs own wargames if Nato goes to war with Russia NATO loses, They tried ever scenario and they lose every time, They can only win if the war is fought Away from russian soil. And this is from NATO itself, `Which takes this kind of thing ver seriously, It has too. Have you any idea of the Size of Russia? Americas a big country right? Well Russia is twice the size, Even without resistance you couldn't traverse even a quarter of Russia in 14 days. Russia also has very good natural defenses in the form of mountain ranges, have you ever seen a 60 abrams ton tank climb a mountain through 5ft of snow while its -35 celsius outside?? I wouldnt think you have.

This is the problem with the "go to war with russia scenario" People dont stop to think of what all is involved, It took the USA military 6 months to get their equipment into Iraq, with no resistance, The equipment needed to go to war with Russia would take years to deliver, if it even got their at all. with their S400's most of it wouldnt.
Even if nukes werent involved, Conventional bombs are so powerful that all parties would basically face the MAD scenario anyway. Even if you did win, In the end what would you win? they winning country would be leveled. the destruction only surpassed by the losing country.

And what makes you think you would win? In all probability the USA probably would win, but that figure is not 100% guaranteed, far from it.

Believe me when i say it, But the whole thing is best avoided....

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Oh - we will be on the same side as China I think now.

That Manchurian border is STILL disputed with Russia - We think it belongs to China too. Kind of like Taiwan but more so.

Good chance for China to get it back I think -cause we are going to agree with them - and winner takes all in war, isn't it?

If you do have some doubt that there are a significant number of events happening globally that appear to relate to WWI I would deeply encourage you to read Guns of August by Tuchman (about 1960/it won the Pulitzer prize)- and then you tell me why today doesn't appear so frighteningly similar.

At least if WWIII is with Russia we would win very quickly - and I think with virtually no losses to the US.

Ever see Russia's one aircraft carrier? It trails smoke, doesn't even have a catapult system to it's aircraft and looks like something out of the dark ages - I guarantee you we have already targeted every single one of their surface vehicles and have LA or better attack submarines on ever one of their U-boats. I am SURE we can destroy every ICBM they could possibly launch out of their tubes and they will barely get off the ground. Every infantry unit they could possibly put in the field WIll be destroyed on sight by our air force -

Get it - they have NO CHANCE of getting out of a war with us in one piece. At least France had SOME chance in the 1914 assault - and they lasted 14 days until Germany was moving on to Paris. That is why I am coming up with 14 days - god knows I think that is Russia's best possible outcome.

Joe

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247
Every infantry unit they could possibly put in the field WIll be destroyed on sight by our air force -

We can't even finish off the Taliban, and now you want to take on Russia? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mind you I think now Trump is in I wouldn't rule out a war with Iran spurred on by the israelis. But art Russia and Iran pals? correct me if I'm wrong but that could cause more strife between Usa and Russia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join