It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspiration- the breath of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe our 'life force' as you call it lies in the root of the human need to express and create, and that all physical and mental problems (including death but also disease depression hatred etc) happen when this inspiration is blocked or corrupted. If it lies in the human need to express and create, as I believe, this 'life force, is what moves through us when we express and create. When I am engaged in an endeavor which makes me feel complete And purposed(for me its writing) I am engaged in a true expression of my being... and that true expression, the whole, pure thing(not the little snippets we experience) is what I believe is th e 'life force' the reason for my existence to exist. One could say that existence itself is a expression, a creatiom- but if one doesn't do anything with that(depression, anxiety) or does the wrong things with it (corruption, perversion) then one is considered to be 'spiritually' dead.whereas physical death is the final end of expression and creation for the individual in question, spiritual death is overcome when one begins to be true to themselves and live and create authentically

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
I believe our 'life force' as you call it lies in the root of the human need to express and create, and that all physical and mental problems (including death but also disease depression hatred etc) happen when this inspiration is blocked or corrupted. If it lies in the human need to express and create, as I believe, this 'life force, is what moves through us when we express and create. When I am engaged in an endeavor which makes me feel complete And purposed(for me its writing) I am engaged in a true expression of my being... and that true expression, the whole, pure thing(not the little snippets we experience) is what I believe is th e 'life force' the reason for my existence to exist. One could say that existence itself is a expression, a creatiom- but if one doesn't do anything with that(depression, anxiety) or does the wrong things with it (corruption, perversion) then one is considered to be 'spiritually' dead.whereas physical death is the final end of expression and creation for the individual in question, spiritual death is overcome when one begins to be true to themselves and live and create authentically

yes
per context of what you write... your breath comes from the underworld... glyph TUAT

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

By this, I mean that if you try and be reductionist and simplify things down to a few component pieces, you will draw different conclusions than if you were to take a wholistic approach.

We are incredibly complex. The world in which we complex creatures have our being is complexity, upon complexity, upon complexity.

We cannot hope to gain supremacy or cognisance by being reductionist. Sometimes you just have to surrender to the current of 'crazy'.

edit on 1/1/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not following you here. Can you clarify? Do you basically mean that the OP's opinion - that the root drive of the individual is expression & creation - is a reductionist approach to life?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
@Chronaut- I surrendered to craziness long ago everything I am now stems from that. Yes, I realize that the whole is more than the sum of its parts but no human being can perceive the whole of which I am trying to dissect that is a task for God. As a mere mortal, what can be done-what I am trying to do is figure out what tools there are to use, using the one I can't help but use my own mind. Complexity ad infinitum, of this I am well aware yet those complexities have a root simple enough to be comprehended by the human mind. The most complex machine in existence-the universe itself- still has component parts we can know and percieve- stars, planets, atoms and electrons of which we are a highly complex such piece. We are the conscious universe, and the meaning of life is to express and create ourselves, just as the universe has expressed and created itself. When one has a mind, every problem is but an idea, a concept held within.
edit on 1-1-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Spiritually dead is more like Chronaut's spiritual blindness, where death is being asleep, or having no awareness of the Spirit. How you defined spiritual death is more of the symptoms of spiritual death.

Yes to everything else though.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If one has all the symptoms of a thing, are they not said to have/be that thing? In other words, if physical death is the ultimate cessation of expression and creation for the subject, does it not follow that spiritual death is that same cessation happening in the subjects mind? If, as I believe, inspiration is the driving force behind creation, and is what is lost when one dies, what should we call one who has mentally lost that connection, or worse, slandered ita reply to: Bleeeeep

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Now you're defining it accurately so I'm not sure if you know what you're saying now or what? Did you take a wild swing and hit it perfectly?

Let me fix what you said above and I'll be happy:

but if one doesn't do anything with that (depression, anxiety) or does the wrong things with it (corruption, perversion) then one is considered to be 'spiritually' dead they might be suffering from spiritual death, as these are symptoms of spiritual death, but are not spiritual death itself -- spiritual death, itself, is actually: mentally losing a connection to our "life force"

There, much better.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That's pretty much the gist of it, yeah. Wild swings in the dark is kinda my thing. I'm afraid I still don'tsee wwhat's bothering you, unless you believe that spiritual death is just as terminal as physical death? In which case I do see your point, like cancer or some other terminal illness those things are symptoms that can be combated, but the point death, physical or mental overtakes us no human effort can remedy. Better? a reply to: Bleeeeep

edit on 2-1-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I know death is commonly thought of as the destruction of something, and that is fine as a common definition, but when it comes to spirituality, it makes sense to define it properly because there needs to be coherence.

e.g. Death is upon a soul; it is a conceptual disconnection from God.
A soul that sins, it shall die - it shall suffer a disconnect from God.
Life is conception, the breath of life gives us conception. What we conceive is our spirits. Our will is to conceive our will, right? Right.
When we are baptized, we take in the spirit of Yeshua, and become children of God, heirs to the kingdom of God. If we should fall asleep before his return, we will be awoken on the day of the resurrection. etc. etc.

See how it all needs to be cohesive? If you make it all cohesive you can start to figure out more and more:

These words are the image of my conception of my spirit.
Image = Son
Conception = Father
Spirit = Holy Ghost

Father is the translator, what is he translating? The Spirit:

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

That's why it's so important. So we can understand.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I'm not following you here. Can you clarify? Do you basically mean that the OP's opinion - that the root drive of the individual is expression & creation - is a reductionist approach to life?

Yes.

Many people have drives for things that are diametric opposites. The desire to show off and the desire to hide being an example.

While creativity is a drive, it is only one among many and most people also desire destruction, too. Opposites and equally valid.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

Spiritually dead is more like Chronaut's spiritual blindness, where death is being asleep, or having no awareness of the Spirit. How you defined spiritual death is more of the symptoms of spiritual death.

Yes to everything else though.

Thank goodness you are here to bring balance to the farce!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I used to call it the whory muse, but yours is much better.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Isn't the drive to create (i.e. offspring) the ultimate drive in the human psyche, though? I feel as though creation is the ultimate expression of the ego, as it seeks fulfillment by replicating itself in various forms.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

i agree i came to similar conclusion on my own i think this is a fundamental truth to happiness lol
edit on 10-3-2017 by daniel2sxc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join