It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might be a Constitutionalist if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I found this interesting and thought I would share it . I am not a Constitutionalist or a member of that party, but I will say I probably could be judging by this test. I like some of the points that the article makes and I will leave it at that.
www.newswithviews.com...

*mod edit: all caps title

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe the federal government should live within its means, like everyone else is forced to do

There is no constitutional requirement for a balanced budget, this is not a constitutionalist 'plank'. Not to mention that the constitution was advanced by the Federalists and Hamilton by having the Fed absorb state debt, which, undoubtedly, is something this guy would've been against.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you would like to see politicians be forced to abide by the same laws they make everyone else submit to.

You might be a constitutionalist if you don't stomp on kittens.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the federal government has no authority to be involved in education or law enforcement.

In charge of on a national level, no, invovled with? Of course.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that gun control laws do nothing but aid and abet criminals while trampling the rights and freedoms of law abiding citizens.

The Constitution protects the bearing of arms in a well organized citizen militia. Gun control is not anti-constitutional, its common sense.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the income tax is both unconstitutional and immoral and, along with the I.R.S., should be abolished.

Oh, posse commititatus and what not eh? What a surprise, comming from a pastor.

This man is not a constitutionalist, he's an anti-federalist.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe the federal government had no authority to tell Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore that he could not display a monument containing the Ten Commandments in the Alabama Judicial Building in Montgomery

Ah, and also a religious radical.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that neither Congress nor the White House nor any sovereign state is required to submit to unconstitutional Supreme Court rulings such as the Roe v Wade decision.

And thus he reveals that he has nothing to do with the Constitution, which reglegates the constitutionality of laws directly and soley to the SCOTUS. The Supreme Court decision on RoeVWade cannot be unconstitutional, by definition.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that outsourcing American jobs overseas is not good for America.

The founders that were interested in economics, i get the feeling, were laissez faire'ists'. Thus outsourcing american jobs is very much constitutional. This guy isn't a constitutionalist, he's a nationalist. Apparently a religious radical anti-constitutional nationalist.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the United States should get out of the United Nations and get the United Nations out of the United States.
You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that NAFTA, GATT, the WTO, and the FTAA are disastrous compromises of America's national sovereignty and independence.

That seals the deal on the nationalist bit.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the federal government has no business bribing churches and faith-based organizations with federal tax dollars.

Ah, somethign the constitution agrees on.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that federal agents who murder American citizens should be held to the same laws and punishments that any other citizen would be held to.

The branch davidian radicals were not murdered.

You might be a Constitutionalist if you would like to see Congressmen and Senators be required to actually read a bill before passing it into law.

Common sense that they should, rather stupid to make a law stating so, how the hell would it be enforced? Better to vote them out if they dont'. Again, no constitutional requirement for such

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that in the beginning God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

The arguement is in favour of such a requirement being unconstitutional. Regardless, this is not in the constitution

You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that parents have a right to home school their children.

The constitution makes no such guarentee actually, and is rather silent on public education. As a result, parents have the right to take their kids out of their states public schools and privately educate them. Whether they do that via a private school, parochial school, or in the home is their business, and no one suggests otherwise.

Well, how did you fare? Are you a Constitutionalist?

Apparently Pastor Chuck Baldwin isn't, and most of the congregation at Crossroads Baptist Church in Pensacola probably aren't either.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Good reply, I don't agree with all of your points but you make them well and I respect that.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With regard to education you said:

In charge of on a national level, no, invovled with? Of course.

Involvement is unconstitutional. It violates the tenth amendment. Besides, when it comes to the federal government, funding more or less degenerates into control. That is why we have unconstitutional mandates such as No Child Left Behind.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm a Constitution Party member, and I agree with every item on that list.

Bush, on the other hand, couldn't care less about the Constitution. That's why we're in such a mess. :bash:

top topics

join