It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US Turning into a Third World Country?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why would anyone believe that Trump wants to make anyone better off except for himself??

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Why would anyone believe that Trump wants to make anyone better off except for himself??

Why would you believe he doesn't?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

We shall soon find out.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

All of the things you cite are a result of the failed policies of the last eight years under Obama. I think we will see great improvement under President Trump.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

All of the things you cite are a result of the failed policies of the last eight years under Obama. I think we will see great improvement under President Trump.

It goes well beyond 8 years though
For the average American, wages have stagnated in the last 30 years.
The power of the president is limited when you have hundreds of others to the left and right of him being purchased.

There are a lot of lobbyists and politicians that have attended the Bilderberg meetings over the years that came back to DC to implement what they talked about

What is Trump going to do about the Bilderberg Group, CFR and so on that have a lot of power and say in this country?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
This may be true, but the 8 years of Obama is nearly over.

Starting Jan. 20, America can begin the healing process.

At what point will people stand up for themselves and say enough....the next 8 years are not getting any better for the average Joe....you have fallen for the same bullsnip...hope and change, make America great again...pfffft

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: CB328

Why would you believe he doesn't?

generally billionaires are in the business of making themselves money and not giving it away

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Generally, the US is far far away from being a third world country. However, there are most certainly some pockets of poverty that aren't much better off economically or culturally.

With thay said, even the poorest areas in the US often have better standarda of living than the third world.
edit on 1-1-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Third world term was also used to promote helping lesser developed nations climb up to our civilized status. Mostly an excuse to regime change them into puppet states more favorable to the west, so that we could exploit them for their resources.

And the dance continues

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So, you want to see if the US is becoming a Third World country -

Third World America

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
May I ask how we overcame '08?
Did we wave a magic wand or were we fiscally responsible and let nature take its course? Maybe help people keep their homes?
No, no I think I recall a magic wand.

I also have to ask, if it were so easy to overcome the worst economic disaster of modern times then why didn't we just avoid it to begin with? I mean it's not like it was a surprise or anything.
If you can' t answer why we didn't avoid collapse then you can conclude it was allowed by design.

The way I see it is from the decisions of the CEOs and Operations Managers to sell America out by shutting down facilities and manufacturing in other countries that are far cheaper and more profitable. While the government was in cahoots with those corporations, creating the federal reserve notes with the intention to drive America into so much debt that even though it is a leading world super power the value of the dollar would still diminish.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: intrptr

Third world term was also used to promote helping lesser developed nations climb up to our civilized status. Mostly an excuse to regime change them into puppet states more favorable to the west, so that we could exploit them for their resources.

And the dance continues

Yah, whose more civilized, modern choked on pollution, disease ridden cities, or 'untouched' tribes in the Amazon?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: gription

I've been to places in West Virginia that seamed to feared my running water.

And yet my English is still better than yours. Guess we don't "feared" education.

Off topic , abit ... perhaps the English could take up German , and leave the ' English ' to the Americans .
I like the vexpression ' feared ' - in that strange context . Cool.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This trend is the fault of the progressive ideology.. Their policies have failed us.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's no different than it's always been.

Here's a couple of vids discussing a recently published nonfiction volume. The first is a review. The second is a fantastic (and relatively brief) lecture given by a PhD who has recently written a book charting

It's no different than ever. We are an English "colony." A nation of the descendants of misfits, outcasts, colonialists, peasants, and the unfortunate native-born (indigenous) victims of those same people......

edit on 1/7/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I was under the impression that all first world countries were the allied countries. 2nd world were those formerly allied with the Soviets, and third world were proxies? Long time out of history, so cut me some slack on this one.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Maybe you should visit a Third World Country and then tell me how alike America it is? I was discussing child poverty in the UK with someone and they rightly pointed out that even our poor are better off than those in the Third World.

Take a look at this, have you ever heard of a Third World Country where 38% of the popuation is obese, me either.

America suffers from far too many First World Problems to be a Third World Country...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Slakecontagia
LOL brilliant

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
how the hell do you delete a reply...
edit on 21-1-2017 by Bubbz because: #noob

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

SIGH ...FOR the SAME reason STARLORD wanted to save that galaxy in "Guardians of the GALAXY"... ONE EPIC duh...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join