It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS 'planning mass attack in Britain' using chemical weapons'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ISIS 'planning mass attack in Britain' and 'has "no moral barrier" to using chemical weapons'

ISIS is planning a mass casualty attack against Britain, with "no moral barrier" to using chemical weapons, a minister has warned.

Security minister Ben Wallace said the chemical threat was the potential realisation of "everybody's worst fear."

Wallace said there were reports of IS using chemical weapons in Syria and Iraq, where it controls large areas, and that Moroccan authorities apprehended a cell in February which was harbouring substances that could be used to either make a bomb or a "deadly toxin".

Mr Wallace said: "Experts have warned that their ambition is a mass casualty attack and they have no moral barrier to using whatever means possible."

More of the story here

Daily Mail
edit on 1-1-2017 by FTURE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FTURE

It's so odd that this forum has Osama B as it's icon .
Before that , it might have been Abu Nidal ... before that , Yasser Arifat ... and so on .
Rip Van Winkle could wake up right now , and not see any real difference from decades ago .
I mean , Israel pissed at another UN resolution ? Who would have thunk ?
I hope there is no attack...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slakecontagia

It's so odd that this forum has Osama B as it's icon .
Before that , it might have been Abu Nidal ... before that , Yasser Arifat ... and so on .
Rip Van Winkle could wake up right now , and not see any real difference from decades ago .
I mean , Israel pissed at another UN resolution ? Who would have thunk ?
I hope there is no attack...

Who else could it have then if not the bigest terrorist the world has ever known?

The Pope?

Ronald McDonald?

Bart Simpson?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Years ago and I'm talking at least ten, Donald Rumsfeld apparently said in an interview "The best military weapon you can have against a people whether domestic or foreign, is fear. There is nothing that beats it. Not even a nuclear bomb has the same effect. When you drop the bomb you end the issue but sometimes having that issue helps things move" (I'm paraphrasing there).

What I mean by using this loose quote is that maybe, more than likely actually, this is an attempt to either keep us in fear, having us all concerned with the people who we walk the streets with (and I'm already a diagnosed paranoid - thanks doctors lol) or it's a credible threat but with Scotland yard claiming they stop up to six terrorist plots a week...I'm not so sure I believe half of these so called "threats" that come along.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I couldnt agree more.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear its self"

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This particular junior defence minister is also an employee of defence contractor Qinetic (what do you mean conflict of interests?). So other than being a lying, profiteering peace of human garbage there is every reason to believe what he says is true and is not in anyway an attempt to feather his own nest.
edit on 1-1-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
This particular junior defence minister is also an employee of defence contractor Qinetic (what do you mean conflict of interests?). So other than being a lying, profiteering peace of human garbage there is every reason to believe what he says is true and is not in anyway an attempt to feather his own nest.

I didn't know that.

Thank you.

Kickass doughnuts, may I have one?

(Did you see what I did there, lol)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Who else could it have then if not the bigest terrorist the world has ever known?

The Pope?

Ronald McDonald?

Bart Simpson?

ME.
Why not ?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The Pope?

Ronald McDonald?

Bart Simpson?

ME.
Why not ?

You don't even have a picture/avatar

lol

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FTURE

The Pope?

Ronald McDonald?

Bart Simpson?

ME.
Why not ?

lol

Brilliant observation . I suppose I will have to remain faceless ...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear its self"

My mother heard Franklin Roosevelt say that idiotic quote in 1941 . Unfortunately , she had more to fear than fear itself . Her husband made it home , her brother did not .
Should be a forum on goofy quotes...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So early in the year and Tory fear mongering has started already , probably to back up the snoopers charter or other planned legislation.

Of course supporters of Daesh would want to use chemical weapons , they'd want to use any weapon that would cause mass casualties , this we already know.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Slakecontagia

Shouldn't Obama or Hilary's face be the avatar for the forum,since they funded ISIS?

If we are to deny ignorance and all of that?

(I also don't think it's fair that the Obama administration is able to pay millions/billions of U.S. tax dollars for ISIS to have shiny new white trucks and weapons,can pay to smuggle terrorists into the U.S. and all across Europe,etc. but can't lift a finger to help fix Social Security for the elderly and disabled)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The Pope?

Ronald McDonald?

Bart Simpson?

ME.
Why not ?

lol

Brilliant observation . I suppose I will have to remain faceless ...

I was just joking, sorry.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

ISIS '... 'has "no moral barrier" to using chemical weapons'

But will they stoop to kicking a puppy? That's my red line.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So early in the year and Tory fear mongering has started already , probably to back up the snoopers charter or other planned legislation.

Of course supporters of Daesh would want to use chemical weapons , they'd want to use any weapon that would cause mass casualties , this we already know.

Great observation gortex...if only the British politicians could be as kind and gentle as Muslim extremists...

Just last night a Tory massacred a bunch of civilians in Istanbul...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I agree, there is a big difference between them wanting to use this kind of weapon and having actual intel that they have the resources and ability to actually pull it off.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think what annoys me about this whole situation is that this would be the kind of thing a proper "terrorist" would do. It amazes me that they can peddle terrorism as supposidly being a real threat, yet they only just thought of chemical attacks? We're either dealing with incredibly stupid terrorists or somethings fishy. Why haven't they targeted any of the oil or gas terminalls where it comes into the country? Where are the attempts on any of our powerstations (Which aren't secure. Neither are the terminals.)?

If they really wanted to scare the # out of everyone why have there been no attacks on the USAF bases? You can sit on the perimitter of most of them for a clear half hour before being moved on! Yet were supposed to believe that the odd nut who kills a couple of people is a hardcore terrorist.

None of it makes any sense to me. There are tons of "shock and awe" targets ungaurded, explosives don't require any special scientific knowledge to make. It amazes me the hype around this subject. I'm not denying that Scotland yard do stop people, I have personally witnessed this (Car Bomber), however I question the prevailence of it and the seeming lack of any kind of intellect.

Oh well guess GCHQ are going to be at my door after this thanks to the snoopers charter.

Dead Elf

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
More fear mongering.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

ISIS 'planning mass attack in Britain' and 'has "no moral barrier" to using chemical weapons'

No they aren't, Daily Fail sensationalism.

Better take on the story here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join