It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When "THEY" shut down the Internet, where will we go?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I reckon the seventies was the best decade I have experienced in my 48years.
And not just because I was young or sentimental,People were more easy going and their was not the greed that seems to exist every where I look.
If they invent a time,please let me know :-)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I have been a licensed ham radio operator for more than 30 years I have used packet radio and it seems to work very well and I don't think the powers-that-be would have any affect on it. you can always get data through the VHF band and the HF band no matter what. so I recommend anybody that's out there that's interested in packet radio to get a ham radio license and packet controller so you can receive and send data anytime. I never trusted the internet because I knew they could shut it down at any time so I always kept my ham radio equipment as a backup good luck be well Happy New Year.
edit on 2-1-2017 by bobw927 because: miss spelled words

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

In all seriousness, they can't shut down the internet. They could shut down high speed internet which involves ISP's, but anything with a 56k modem and some basic equipment would still be able to communicate.

The internet is very hard to shut down by design. It would take nothing short of shutting down the electric grid.

They would never want to shut down the internet either. It would be too expensive, data is a more valuable utility to corporations than having running water in their buildings is. No data=no work=no revenue=no taxes.

So it's actually the opposite, the government is invested in preventing anyone from shutting the internet down.

edit on 4-1-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Outside?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm going to Disney World.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join